Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fixer long-duration HoT's.

Jamespond,

You are truly hopeless. I couldn't care any less if I get "owned" in pvp. Fact of the matter is, even when I have "normal" buffs on, I don't get "owned". I may die but it's not like I'm getting killed in 1 shot. I am not pissed if I lose a fight. I just don't like cheaters.

You choose parts of my post to try to prove how smart you are. All you do is make yourself look like an ass when you blatantly ignore the parts I say that refute your rebuttals before you make them.

Did you understand what I just said or do I need to put it in simpler terms for your simple mind to understand?

All it boils down to is that pvp is not going to work well in this game as it's currently designed. There are too many exploits. If you were not such a lackwit, you could see that what I described is an exploit by the very words of FC. Sure we can all resort to these "tactics" (I use the word tactics loosely here), and to compete we will.

You started the whole mess using high level buffs (not an exploit, never said it was) to beat us when you couldn't do it legitimately. Now you accuse us of doing the same or worse as if you are some angel come to earth with a spotless reputation? Hyopcrit.

Go figure duuuuuuuh. You expect us to sit back while you exploit design errors and smile? We can rise to the level of the competition, even if it means "lowering" ourselves to your standards.

Try removing your head from your nether region and some day you may just understand.

A little reading comprehension goes a long ways.

I'm curious how big your org is. You seem to require a whole lot of people to do the same thing our little griefing guild can accomplish. And no, I don't really want to hear your guild stats. You've lost all credibility with me so I won't regard anything you have to say as anything other than a misrepresentation of the facts (a.k.a. a lie).
    Last edited by Ralgur; Jan 15th, 2003 at 22:08:11.

Re: ...

Originally posted by Ralgur
    Jamespond,

You are truly hopeless. I couldn't care any less if I get "owned" in pvp. Fact of the matter is, even when I have "normal" buffs on, I don't get "owned". I may die but it's not like I'm getting killed in 1 shot. I am not pissed if I lose a fight. I just don't like cheaters.
    How did I cheat to get u this pissed then?

Jamespond,
    You choose parts of my post to try to prove how smart you are. All you do is make yourself look like an ass when you blatantly ignore the parts I say that refute your rebuttals before you make them.

Did you understand what I just said or do I need to put it in simpler terms for your simple mind to understand?
    I understand very well what u said, and yes im being an ass.. WHY? because u call my guild mates for exploiters, nah u call my guild for exploiters... If u do have some facts on someone in my guild exploiting, plz send these to me, and this member will be auto kicked... We dont tolerate exploits, and I find it very offending when someone call us exploiters...

He was outside buffed thats all, he run out of range to heal... who wouldnt'? I seriously fail to see how this is an exploit... So now a NT rooting a MA is exploiting too?

Jamespond,
    You started the whole mess using high level buffs (not an exploit, never said it was) to beat us when you couldn't do it legitimately. Now you accuse us of doing the same or worse as if you are some angel come to earth with a spotless reputation? Hyopcrit.
    Well I am a Saint u know?

But I find this very amusing... Yes we use outside buff, nothing wrong with that, as u said... Most others do, except u apparently...

Its not about accusing u for using it, I just think its very lame to flame my guild, for using outside buffs, other do it too, and hell even those guys flaming us for doing it, does it too, that my friend is very lame...

Go figure duuuuuuuh. You expect us to sit back while you exploit design errors and smile? We can rise to the level of the competition, even if it means "lowering" ourselves to your standards.
    No I dont sit and smile while we exploit... because we dont, if someone however DID exploit, which isnt the case here, I would get very mad at this person, and he would no longer represent the guild...

AGAIN, u are putting my guild in a bad light, saying we are exploiters... U know what to do with exploiters dont u? YES! u are 100% right u report it to FC, and they will ban the exploiters... Now if we were exploiting, which u claim, we would have been banned, and there was no point of calling us exploiters then...

Jamespond,
    I'm curious how big your org is. You seem to require a whole lot of people to do the same thing our little griefing guild can accomplish. And no, I don't really want to hear your guild stats. You've lost all credibility with me so I won't regard anything you have to say as anything other than a misrepresentation of the facts (a.k.a. a lie).
    Okay u called me and my guild exploiters, now u call me a liar too, but u dont have any facts, its just lame words coming out of ur mouth...

Thanks for trying to ruin a guild reputation, and yes u really are a griefer as u urself stated... hmm isnt that bannable?
    Jamesdum President of Ragnarok
    Jamespond Member of Ragnarok
    Jamespond2 Member of Ragnarok

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

Re: Something to think about...

Jamespond and Ser whatever:

You are hypocritical at best. You condone what you do, then when it's done to you, you whine like a kid who lost his/her candy.

I personally fight EVERY fight in tower defense or offense with self-only buffs or buffs from someone of equivalent level. I am cannon fodder since everyone on the other side seems to be running around in "god" mode.

Cry me a river, k?

As for exploiting, I know at least one person from your org who is really good at getting a high level run buff and hot, then attacking someone and running out of combat range to let the hots heal. The person he attacked however is unable to heal or regain nano because even though said person from your org is out of range of combat, a bug allows them to keep the target in aggro so they can't do anything but stand there and wait to be whittled down by the cheater.
    Ralgur, you brought this debate down to personal attacks.
    It is obvious for everyone to see that you are a bitter, resentful little person. The only one to whine here is you. We operate within the parameters of this game, we do not cheat, exploit or grief.

I could try to reiterate myself to make my opinion clear on the issue. However I do belive arguments and reason is wasted on you. Since you are clearly troubled with the problematics, why not try to contribute with constructive ideas and suggestions how to avoid this kind of inbalance instead of resorting to base character assassinations and slander.
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent
    Troxitazz - retired trader

To cut to the chase!

Jamespond- You keep sayign why we come here and start whining about your guild using outside buffs? Well first noone in our org would have came here if we weren't drawn to this post by one of your members singling Our org and another out as if we are exploiters. You throw mud you get muddy yourself! No Seraphael had to list our names along with another to prove his point thus we then came to this post to defend our org against his slanderous assault.

Seraphael- I could care less what you have posted in the past and not going to dig through your every post to see your whole thoughts. You singled our org out not the other way around. You tried to play us as cheaters and exploiters and it got turned back around on you. How did I know what org you where in? Easy cause we fairly seldom do any attacks and knew exactly which one you where speaking of from the get go. Don't try and make our guild look any different than the 300+ other guilds out there that use outside buffs in tower battles. You call us out we call you back out, we didn't just randomly show up here to hijack someone elses thread.

Nordic Fusion in general- I have no idea what your infatuation is with us and I find it VERY VERY funny that a org your size feels threatened by a org of our size and lvls. To bad my trader has roots so you can't run away and heal with your HoT's, muhahaha! Only time you guys killed my trader that day was when you ganked her( perfectly legal not complaining, i am bragging) You people are definitely a PvP orriented org and feel threatened by a org full of o.0's lol. Woo hoo lets keep up the pressure they are Buckling to the carebear pressure. Who said a o.0 org couldn't be effective against a PvP oriented one. just the fact they feel it neccessary to bash us makes us feel we are having a positive influence on Stret tower areas. Watch out cause you never know where us carebears will strike you next Jamespond.
    Datest- lvl 165 NM NT
    DarkTalons- 114 MA
    Brazak- lvl 102 MP
    Waygone- lvl 132 Doc
    Darkonium- lvl 134 Sol

Re: To cut to the chase!

Originally posted by Datest
    Jamespond- You keep sayign why we come here and start whining about your guild using outside buffs? Well first noone in our org would have came here if we weren't drawn to this post by one of your members singling Our org and another out as if we are exploiters. You throw mud you get muddy yourself! No Seraphael had to list our names along with another to prove his point thus we then came to this post to defend our org against his slanderous assault.
    Okay I see u are from The Walkers... uhm look in The Notum wars forum, and see someone from ur guild calling us exploiters... I dont know what org Ralgur is in as he is hiding under another nick on the forum...

And yes if u throw mud u get muddy, u threw first... I believe Seraphael is just as frustrated as me about the name callings, and he has seen these threads too...

Seraphael- I could care less what you have posted in the past and not going to dig through your every post to see your whole thoughts. You singled our org out not the other way around. You tried to play us as cheaters and exploiters and it got turned back around on you. How did I know what org you where in? Easy cause we fairly seldom do any attacks and knew exactly which one you where speaking of from the get go. Don't try and make our guild look any different than the 300+ other guilds out there that use outside buffs in tower battles. You call us out we call you back out, we didn't just randomly show up here to hijack someone elses thread.
    Again... we didnt start this mess...

Nordic Fusion in general- I have no idea what your infatuation is with us and I find it VERY VERY funny that a org your size feels threatened by a org of our size and lvls. To bad my trader has roots so you can't run away and heal with your HoT's, muhahaha! Only time you guys killed my trader that day was when you ganked her( perfectly legal not complaining, i am bragging) You people are definitely a PvP orriented org and feel threatened by a org full of o.0's lol. Woo hoo lets keep up the pressure they are Buckling to the carebear pressure. Who said a o.0 org couldn't be effective against a PvP oriented one. just the fact they feel it neccessary to bash us makes us feel we are having a positive influence on Stret tower areas. Watch out cause you never know where us carebears will strike you next Jamespond.
    Nothing against u guys Our tower in stret west bank just got attacked alot, and we then decided to kick clanners out of there, so we could be among friends instead

Personally I like the conflict we have in Stret West Bank, and most of the people I have talked with doing the battles have fun there... Being it Nordic Fusion, The Walkers and Vengance of The Clans... Its just this flaming on the forums I dont like, and would like to be without....

BTW we still want our base back in SWB

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

/me calmly enjoys his Dr Hack 'n Quack and GSF at level 1
    -Stexer 'n Sterex

I am adored

Support the addition of non-level-restricted dueling

Type KSA -
    Killer 93%
    Socializer 40%
    Achiever 33%
    Explorer 33%

Re: To cut to the chase!

My first post in this thread much to my regret mentioned your insignificant guild, for that I am now truly sorry. I had not anticipated such vigorous defence on your part after your lack luster display on the battlefield . Seriously, as to my post being slanderous; how could it be? You have as much as admitted to doing everything I listed as potential inbalancing issues in lowbie pvp.

Thank you for derailing the issue that so obviously is of great concern to you. Thank you also for your constructive and inovative ideas on the matter, really helpful for us all. Most of all thank you for your mature and professional mannerism, I think you have contradicted yourself enough times for even the most casual observer to find humourus reading.

What I should have written in my original post:

I have posted previously in another thread about my concern of inbalancing lowbie pvp with high end buffs. In it I called for a level lock on HOT recipients. Since then I have witnessed high level heals from 75% zone and healing pets put on combatants in such scenarios. This made me realize the complexity of the problem and that level locking HOTs would hardly be enough. Any high level buff will potentially inbalance lowbie pvp, direct intervention from higher level players the same.

THIS IS NOT MENT AS AN ATTACK ON ANY ONE PERSON, ORGANIZATION OR AFFILIATION.

My suggestion? Certainly expanding the 25% zone around the landcontrol area would help. Healing pets placed upon someone should open up both recipient of heal and pet to attacks from across the range, ie a 25 level with a belamorte; level 17ish?-200 should be allowed to attack. Level requirements on some nanos could be considered. Perhaps make a characters upwards pvp range be somewhat expanded if running disproportionally high level buffs in his NCU? (probably not easy to implement).

What I don't want is level requirements on all nanos, that would take away one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game; customizing/twinking your character.

Good day.
    Last edited by Seraphael; Jan 16th, 2003 at 05:09:59.
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent

"My first post in this thread much to my regret mentioned your insignificant guild"

Ok, if we are so insignificant why do seem to be theatend by us? Is it because we are all casul players? Or is it that none of us are "uber"?

I dont know if this has been metioned before but i felt like saying it.

Have a nice day!
    Whatever...

please end this now before it escalates further.

Originally posted by Jamespond

Okay I see u are from The Walkers... uhm look in The Notum wars forum, and see someone from ur guild calling us exploiters... I dont know what org Ralgur is in as he is hiding under another nick on the forum...
    i remember that post and since the person who posted it talked with us after i would like to apologize for it. i hoped my post about the ncu i have on my char without breaking a sweat would defuse things as well :/

it is a fact that like our former guild leader called it "arena pvp came to the towers" by now.

it would have been nice to have self buffed fights or not madly twinked fights ... whatever, nw is now what it is.

that said...

i myself have to admit that i was a bit puzzled about seraphels post as well though because i do not see a difference from the resentment voiced by sirrillion earlier on the nw boards.

personally i have not caught the reference to our guild until it was pointed out to me but i still find it ironic. we are small fish. even if we wanted to buff like mad, we could not
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

First off, I am NOT going to egt involved in any of the shouting thats gone on so far. I didn't even bother reading all the threads. I just want to post what happened a few days ago.

Jamespond was at SWB or somewhere (fixer) with a couple of lowbies who were attacking a base. Now the owners of said base were not online, so a few of us decided to help defend. Now there were 2 omni lowbies and 3 of us lowbie clanners. I make short work of one of the attackers, and the enf that is left is beating on the CT (other towers gone already by this time). I am depriving/ransacking, health transfering and beating on this enf, hitting him hard, but his health barely dips below 95%. I realised James had put the HoT on the enf, but there was NOTHING any of us could do to stop this enf and an adv taking the base. We were beating on this enf (who ignored us) for 10 minutes and the HoT just kept him 100%.

Now James, what I am saying is not that you are exploiting or anything. You know I have nothing against you, I respect you (hopefully you respect me too lol). What I didn't appreciate was the unfairness of the situation where there was NO WAY we could stop that base from being taken. You were stood in the vicinity watching your HoT working on the enf. Sure, you could say "don't whine, get outside buffed yourself". There are no outside buffs that would allow a lvl 37 trader to kill your green enf running that HoT.

If people insist on running on extreme HoTs at low level, there is nothing we can do to a) stop them using those buffs, and b) stop them raping bases at will with no chance of being stopped. This spoils the game, and borders on harassment in some cases (not the above case, as it was not our base ).

To reiterate Jamespond: I am not berating you, just explaining how we felt in a hopeless situation that I hope you never find yourself in, as it can ruin your game enjoyment.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Originally posted by Zarch

It takes day to get to lvl 50
    It takes about 3 days to get to level 100
    It takes about week to get to level 150
    Then Why I am still level 95 64+ days /played?

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Originally posted by Ntrox The MP Gimp
    First off, I am NOT going to egt involved in any of the shouting thats gone on so far. I didn't even bother reading all the threads. I just want to post what happened a few days ago.

Jamespond was at SWB or somewhere (fixer) with a couple of lowbies who were attacking a base. Now the owners of said base were not online, so a few of us decided to help defend. Now there were 2 omni lowbies and 3 of us lowbie clanners. I make short work of one of the attackers, and the enf that is left is beating on the CT (other towers gone already by this time). I am depriving/ransacking, health transfering and beating on this enf, hitting him hard, but his health barely dips below 95%. I realised James had put the HoT on the enf, but there was NOTHING any of us could do to stop this enf and an adv taking the base. We were beating on this enf (who ignored us) for 10 minutes and the HoT just kept him 100%.

Now James, what I am saying is not that you are exploiting or anything. You know I have nothing against you, I respect you (hopefully you respect me too lol). What I didn't appreciate was the unfairness of the situation where there was NO WAY we could stop that base from being taken. You were stood in the vicinity watching your HoT working on the enf. Sure, you could say "don't whine, get outside buffed yourself". There are no outside buffs that would allow a lvl 37 trader to kill your green enf running that HoT.

If people insist on running on extreme HoTs at low level, there is nothing we can do to a) stop them using those buffs, and b) stop them raping bases at will with no chance of being stopped. This spoils the game, and borders on harassment in some cases (not the above case, as it was not our base ).

To reiterate Jamespond: I am not berating you, just explaining how we felt in a hopeless situation that I hope you never find yourself in, as it can ruin your game enjoyment.
    Okay our base have been under attack so many times, by people outside buffed, we didnt come here to call them exploiters and such, we took the challenge, twinked an army, reclaimed our base, and 3 more in SWB, I can understand this pisses of some people, but try to understand, we did not check who we attacked, we just dont like clanners

If u want to kill someone with a HoT then concentrate all fire on one person at a time, if u dont got enough guns, then get more, we did, and obviously some clanners did take the challenge up again too... why cant the rest?

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug

Please moderate yourself a little bit here folks. Shouting "exploiter" at people is not nice. And using a run buff to stay out of range while a HoT does its work is in no way an exploit.

If you know of something you think should be considered an exploit, please report it to exploits@anarchy-online.com.

Ntrox your twink is gimped We all know that =D

I just refuse to think its impossible to take down a twink with HoT running.

can be hard alone, but with a group its easy but who said u were supposed to defend a tower alone?

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug

Ntrox, kudos to you for being the first on "the othe side" to post with moderation, it was concise and to the point. More over, we share the same concern believe it or not, that is why have I addressed the issue, albeit perhaps at times in an offhand manner .

Edit: Snublefot seems level headed enough too, never concidered him party to the mudslinging though I named his guild. Lets bury the forum hatchet and resume the battle where it should be fought, on the field. ALL YOUR BASES ARE BELONG TO US!
    Last edited by Seraphael; Jan 16th, 2003 at 14:03:23.
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent

Nice posts guys

Erm.. you named Snubs guild? I am in the same one I don't know what you are referring to though. I am sure he will tell me tonight

Either way, battles without outside HoTs are a lot more fun than 3 people beating on one enf who cannot be killed. No, he could NOT be killed. Thats why I was so saddened by the situation.

Oh, and my trader is FAR from being twinked lol! lvl 37 with about 95NCU? ****! He only just fitted a decent shotgun.

Ah.. maybe THATS why I didn't kill the enf. Crappy shotgun and no outside buffs (j/k btw)
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Talking

Originally posted by Ntrox The MP Gimp
    Erm.. you named Snubs guild? I am in the same one I don't know what you are referring to though. I am sure he will tell me tonight
    Oh-ohh! Here we go again...
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent

Haha! I couldn't care less what its about

I am one of the few who remember this is only a game, and I don't get angry unless someone is specifically doing something aimed at me. Sure I will help the guild in anything, but its never personal, its a game..

And yes, I know you were joking hehe

Edit: ah, were you involved in the "you stole our base with a design flaw"? That sucked. Not your fault tho, its FC's fault. Vesides, we got 3 bases, and 3 is enough. If you didn't take that base, we wouldn't have found our lovely lil base on the beach. Man, I wanna retire at that beach and have the gas at perma 100%
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Ntrox, u are THE MP gimp!!!

Ahhh, damn he already stated that himself...

/me wonders how to piss Ntrox off...

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast