Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fixer long-duration HoT's.

"Well, I'll probably get a lot of disagreement on this... but I don't think PvP balance should matter one bit pre-150. It's impossible to balance the game at all levels with the design Funcom has chosen for character development. And since 150+ is where the "developed" PvP battles occur, that's where the focus on balance should be."

I'm not even going to touch that with a 10 foot pole, aside from asking how level reqs on certain nanos will effect pvp 150+.

Originally posted by Silvs
    I'm not even going to touch that with a 10 foot pole, aside from asking how level reqs on certain nanos will effect pvp 150+.
    It won't affect 150+ PvP at all. But it'll sure do all sorts of mean things in PvM.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Doctor heals should be self-only.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Jynne
    Doctor heals should be self-only.
    Not until I get divest/plunder self-only.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Bahahaha
    -Stexer 'n Sterex

I am adored

Support the addition of non-level-restricted dueling

Type KSA -
    Killer 93%
    Socializer 40%
    Achiever 33%
    Explorer 33%

I have posted before that at the very least fixer HOTs should be level locked for target as well as caster similar to the NCU buffs. This especially to counter the effect of high levels buffing lower levels in baby pvp. I admit I take time buffing my lowbie guildies at base defenses and against someone without the buff, there is a great inbalance. But there is all sorts of ways to inbalance lowbie pvp, like we experienced when 2 clan guilds, The Vengeance of the Clans and The Walkers attacked our baby base. They had high levels hugging the 75% zone healing lower levels. And even put belamortes on their lowbees. This ofcourse is even more inbalancing than a fixer HOT could ever be. I really do not see any way out of the situation, other than make all heals; normal heals, mongo, HoTs, healpets, halved effeciency in pvp.

I kinda agree in some ways that the fixer HOT should be self only, this due to all our best nanos apart from the smg buffs are buffable to others. But then one would have to adress doctor HOTs and the related NT HEs
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent
    Troxitazz - retired trader

It will nerf PvM tho ...

It will balance PvP and nerf PvM ...

Dont want that...

The most time you spend ingame is PvM in the end anyways

(Unless you keep your twink lowlevel)

A lowbie with high leve fixer hot can also be overpowered in PvM.

funcom are trying to fix the game and more precisely pvp by adding new stuff and nanos that have lvl requirements. imo thats a good idea! but u gotta look at the older stuff to and if it means adding lvl requirements to them so be it.
    also there are major flaws in the way they have added lvl requirements to certain nanos and the self only requirement too.
    for example someone tell me the point of giving fixers team speed buffs when everyone asks for the single version as it gives 70 odd too evades and more speed? make the old single version self only and make use of the team version ffs! we are meant to be the fastest bar enfs over short periods (well forever really with rage:P) but everyone is as fast with no penalties or drawbacks? best HoTers but everyone else got them too?
    also as abit of leway i wouldnt mind some of our lower smg/mg buffs being castable on others. cuase u cant buff smg/mg apart from the lvl 1 nano and genbuff :|
    also what is the point in having self casting lvl reqs when it can be cast on others from lvl 1 or whatever :P make hots like the ncu buffs.
    just a few thoughts on my main profession.

Neophyte Hotpanties
    lvl 200 clan fixer rk1
    Member of Storm

Being someone of a profession who's missed a lot on regular shots, HoTs benefit me more than anyone else. In a way, for the higher level game it is self-only in its top-notch usefulness.

And im talking about 150+..

Take someone who gets hit all the time, even with rrfe, 360 tops healing per 10 seconds is not unbalancing at all.

I do agree that the level reqs should work like the NCU buffs. But, i think its kind of hard to make a non-team required buff do a level check on the target. And frankly, ive had enough teaming with every single person at a NW battle for a single buff. If they hammer the nail into this one id like to see them make the ncu buff a direct cast nano rather than a team one.

If there's any buff in this game that needs to be self-only, its rrfe, though. That's pretty much like a patch that reduces damage by 30% right there. Plus its screwing over NTs with kel's and candycane - im yet to see a NT use candycane in pvp.. As for pvm, well FC could always tone down mobs a bit in damage. Reducing their damage by 30% could solve this problem - or, make soldiers the proper tanks theyre meant to be rather than GA4 fixers. Another solution might be to make a lower line...

And lowbie pvp is mostly just for kicks isn't it? I don't usually see much nerf-whining from their bracket.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

If RRFE was selfonly, people would really bleed Theres so many insta kill in mass PvP because of the 'all on one' tactic used. For my hot change suggesstion about making them self only.I admit its kinda selfish and wouldnt help anybody. They should be exactly like NCU buff, they should have a level req for the target. And having single target NCU buff would be awesome also. I could finnally be able to team with people and benefit of healing from other proffessions.

Originally posted by Insida
    If RRFE was selfonly, people would really bleed
    That's the point. people survive way too long in pvp with just this single buff.

"Theres so many insta kill in mass PvP because of the 'all on one' tactic used. "

lol insida! like doctors, right?
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Yea Im jealous of doctor but Im happy now cause I managed to kill one with a few people when he was running away from a trader, an Enforcer and a Soldier. Root are cool hehehehehe

Me think tha people die too fast when they are attacked by multiple oppoent but they die too slow when they are not.. Im a weirdo

Unhappy

Our guild had in TIR a tower up with alot of defences.

At one moment 2 level 16 clans came up to the tower and attacking it. Well no big deal we got an defending party up with like 3 to 5 level 15-20 persons up in like 10 mins.

The tactics those people did was. They had a save 75% place there where 2 ql 140+ fixers and they casted those level 16 clans with a low ql fixer healing buff. We attacked those 2 level 16's with our forces but before they where at 50% the healing the buff did his work and they where 100% health again, so we could do nothing about it, because those fixers that buffed them where standing in 75% area and where save from any attack.

If one of the clans where almost out of the healing buff they ran off to the save place and running around circles around a house there for 1 min and than let the fixers redo there buff so they charged in again and attacked

We manage to keep our ground for like 1.5 hours after that our main tower was destroyed.

So i really like to see that high level buffs would be terminated when people go into PvP area's.

Those Fixer, Mp, Trader buffs are really under mining the fun in doing a more fair PvP attack.

These level requirements are stupid.

I just hate to cast nano again and again and having 20 different nanos cluttering my already crowded shortcut bar just because I need to have different nano for every fricking level and to keep track on everyone's lvl on party and elsewhere.

Makes life much more fun to just have the best one and cast that. For NCU buffs I kinda understand the target lvl requirement but for HOT's? Blah.

Who gives rats ass about the PvP of low lvl game? It is like someone said, just for kicks and HOT is not even the most unbalancing thing there is as said.

You know how much best Doc health buff gives health AND HOT effect? You know how much Belamorte heals? You know how Behemoth gives you 2-5x your health? How adv/enf shield and soldier RRFE together reflect more damage than you do?

Seriously, putting one of the effects to have level requirements or putting everything "self only" is a VERY BAD idea.

The whole idea of buffs is to complement other people in party and to make you unique asset for it.

Also making these buffs self only or have level requirements hardly help a low lvl PvP, if it even matters but it will affect what armor you can wear etc. Make IC, Behemoth, ES, FG, etc self only... see where I am going?

Summary:

Level requirements are bad idea. The only nano that I agree should have level limit is NCU buff.

Self only nanos are somewhat bad idea. I dont mind new ones being self only that flesh out your profession for uniqueness but changing existing ones to self only is bad idea and would more hurt the game balance than help it.

Zarch and da chars

Daquis 183 Agent
    Zitaq 150 Soldier
    Themech 145 Engineer
    Zhakra 124 Fixer
    Cheslav 102 Trader
    Zzith 95 MP
    Zhadam 83 Enforcer
    Zarch 82 NT

To Littlehorror:

"We manage to keep our ground for like 1.5 hours after that our main tower was destroyed."

Oh? In every Tower fight I have been the area has gone 100% after tower has been destroyed?

Wanna _make up_ more touching stories how high lvl buffs ruin your preciouss low lvl game... which you can level off in week anyways...

Zarch and da chars

It takes day to get to lvl 50
    It takes about 3 days to get to level 100
    It takes about week to get to level 150

In experience you are around 5-10% of total needed for 200 at level 150 if even that.

Level 100 in AO is like level 10 in a game with 100 levels.
    Level 150 is like level 25 in a game with 100 levels.

PS.

I know levelin can be done even faster This was just an example of fairly relaxed leveling pace
    Last edited by Zarch; Jan 13th, 2003 at 08:09:32.

"The whole idea of buffs is to complement other people in party and to make you unique asset for it."

Zarch, how do level requirements have any effect at all on 'buffs to compliment other people in party'. NCU buffs already do, and this spell isn't even group. So oh my, you may have to click on 2 different locations depending on their level to buff your party. Oh no, the horror.

So anyway, you propose FC should just totally give up on low level PVP in its horribly broken and wholly exploitable state (training in high level mobs, high level buffers/helpers hugging 75% area, etc) just so you don't have to cast an extra nano once every 25 minutes or whatever?

In my opinion, PvM is already pretty unbalanced in favor of the players. It takes an act of god or a pretty horrible chain of events for even a remote chance at someone dying. A slightly smaller HoT for the lower levels in your group isn't going to change much.

Personally, I would much rather see all buffs stripped and kept off a character in a land control area that are above a certain percentage of the players level instead of the current pvp range rule.

PvP is very broken in the lv1 to 50 because of Damage Sheild, Reflect, HoTs and Absorbtion sheild on people with low HP.

A lowbie with high leve fixer hot can also be overpowered in PvM.
    Nobody can be overpowered in pvm ... Come on ...

Get lost before I get angry at ya for getting the PvM scene nerfed! Dumb ****!

PvP is very broken in the lv1 to 50 because of Damage Sheild, Reflect, HoTs and Absorbtion sheild on people with low HP.
    PVP will always be like that unless you nerf us all to the same plain of existance with only 1 option... okay?

I dont want that to happen... cos you obviously dont know where this will end up okay?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast