Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fixer long-duration HoT's.

Thumbs down Fixer long-duration HoT's.

I would wager that the Fixer long-duration HoT's are probably the single most unbalancing line in lower level PvP. I've personally seen 4 level 60'ish trying to kill one other 60 buffed with Hack n Quack and fail miserably. I'd personally like to see level requirements for the long term HoT's, and I bet that would ease a lot of frustration that is going on a some tower battles.

Make them self only instead. Sound selfish but it really sucks that everyone can be a fixer just by getting fixer buffs.. Our regeneration, our speed, our grid, our NCU, our Guns and in 14.7.8 theres even a new item that allow you to grid anytime and anywhere. It just lock comp lit for 4 hours.

I agree with u Insida....make the long dura HoT selfonly....
    moon meeh

lvl restriction or self only would be good. Maybe a complete revamp of all nanos should be done.

Originally posted by Insida
    Sound selfish but it really sucks that everyone can be a fixer just by getting fixer buffs
    Imagine how good fixers would be with only these bonuses. Now throw in GA, which nobody else can get. A fixer IS GA. Without GA your just an agent with no FP and a personal teleporter.

Some real freaking gimpy level 60's, Silvs. Were they using leather and nail armor?

This does bring up a point though. A quick casting session outside a base with a 200 fixer and 20 lowbies would definitely turn the tide of the battle immensely. Then again, so would RRFE, behemoth, doc HP, or any other good highlevel buffs. Just a fact of fighting.

It shouldn't be that hard to find a decent HOT, either. Tir, ent, or NLC, then a quick grid to your base, or a warp out to the base you are attacking.
    -Stexer 'n Sterex

I am adored

Support the addition of non-level-restricted dueling

Type KSA -
    Killer 93%
    Socializer 40%
    Achiever 33%
    Explorer 33%

Originally posted by Stexer
    It shouldn't be that hard to find a decent HOT, either. Tir, ent, or NLC, then a quick grid to your base, or a warp out to the base you are attacking.
    Precisely. Why would anyone go to MMD/2HO/Tower fights/Tara self-buffed? Go get an HoT and RRFE first. It's common sense, heh.

If you ask me those guys got what was coming to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftyr View Post
    Die? Plz? NOW!
    Dark Front Better Than You™, Since 2003

What make hot so powerfull for lowbies is that they almost take no NCU. They also heal very well, sometime the hot recover more than the base HP of the player >_< A lv 15 Trader with 150 NCU is almost unbeatable. Give him Hack' N Quack, Coruscating Screen and RRFE. A regular lv 15player can simply not take him down until the buffs are cancel. He will even kill himself if he attack him.. This kind of stuff can be done until lv100 almost. Fixers HoTs should have the same Req as NCU buffs IMO.

And to Arsiine. If fixers didnt had GA, everyone would be able to be a fixer. All our buffs are castable on others excepted our SMG buffs. Only thing that woul dbe left is Evac.

ah the old self only argument.. : /

make rrfe self only, and behemoth and all that.

but i do agree that the fixer buffs are sweet.. personally i dont bother with haq n quack because it doesnt last taht long.. but if u have a dedicated fixer who wants to rebuff everyone all the teim then its uber.

i know when i am in large groups pvping .. fixers get hassled for speed hot and ncu so badly they dont even want to be there.

but again.. if ur gonna make some buffs self only, how far can you go?

i think besides hots rrfe has got to be one of the best buffs in teh game to have. 30% hp boost at all times.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

You know what really sucks. FC gave us those hots during the fixer luv patch so we wouldnt suck so bad. Everyone can have the regenaration rate of a fixer. But now its even worst because my hots are canceled by NTs anti smurf nuke. Its almost a useless buff for me now.. Its suck to fight someone with all your buffs when your not even able to cast them on yourself ..

I don't play a fixer so I'm not going to comment on self-only, but I think level capping a number of the extremely powerful nanos would go a long way to balancing PVP for levels below 150 or 100. Or possibly upon entering land control areas wipe all buffs which have a QL 50% higher than your level or something.

Watch a lower level tower attack and it is painfully clear who has high level buffs and who doesn't. It almost makes it a requirement to go into battle after being buffed by high level mains or friends, and it shouldn't be that way.

Even something as simple as the inability to cast these nanos on those outside your teaming range would help a lot.
    I dont see why they have not done this from the begining.
    But i dont think they should be self as they are helpfull to a teams survivability.
    Alantria 203 Fixer Squad commander/Recruiter of Eternal Fury

Its suck to fight someone with all your buffs when your not even able to cast them on yourself ..
    lol rrfe, behemoth, doc hots.. HP buffs, HE, crunch.. : )
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Im talking about the HoTs. Kinda sucks seeing the people Im fighting against having my hots when I dont even have them myself.

Well, I'll probably get a lot of disagreement on this... but I don't think PvP balance should matter one bit pre-150. It's impossible to balance the game at all levels with the design Funcom has chosen for character development. And since 150+ is where the "developed" PvP battles occur, that's where the focus on balance should be.

Getting to level 150 isn't a huge challenge, and the player development time (learning the game) from 1-150 is a critical part of understanding other professions and being able to compete with them. How many times have we seen some level 90 player coming into this forum crying for a nerf against some profession as a result of dying to a player twice his/her level? Or for that matter, because another level 90 twinked character killed them?

Balancing low level PvP will destroy what balance we do have over 150 (which could use some work). I'd much rather they focus on PvM content for lower levels and PvP content for higher.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

I wouldnt care one bit if they nerfed my hots on the level req of the target. A high level hot on a low level is so overpowered. Sometime it refill their entire HP. Theres a two different level req, one to cast them and one to be able to have it in your NCU. Its a good thing because a Lv1 player could be running around with 300 NCU..

I thought we were done messing with PvM because of PvP. And, as Nothinman points out, HoTs are just the tip of the iceberg. We should stop this nerfing now. So far, it's just heals. Let's not nerf every buff in the game, too.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

What make hot so powerfull for lowbies is that they almost take no NCU. They also heal very well, sometime the hot recover more than the base HP of the player >_< A lv 15 Trader with 150 NCU is almost unbeatable. Give him Hack' N Quack, Coruscating Screen and RRFE. A regular lv 15player can simply not take him down until the buffs are cancel. He will even kill himself if he attack him.. This kind of stuff can be done until lv100 almost. Fixers HoTs should have the same Req as NCU buffs IMO.

And to Arsiine. If fixers didnt had GA, everyone would be able to be a fixer. All our buffs are castable on others excepted our SMG buffs. Only thing that woul dbe left is Evac.
    Insida hit the nail RIGHT on the head with the statement about lowbie trader twinks. I got a screenshot of five agents and an ma dying on my trader's reflect and damage shield

hella fun though, I wish lowbies didnt whine so much when they got waxed though.

But 1 on 1, a lowbie trader still kicks ass even self buffed (that last part was for the doctor that whined to me for a week straight after she got rocked in the arena to my trader )
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Lowbie traders dont even need to drain because they can have such a high NCU that with good outbuff, they become real powerhouse while any other proffession around lv 15 just got 20-30 NCU, a trader can have 110+

Originally posted by Hypos
    I thought we were done messing with PvM because of PvP. And, as Nothinman points out, HoTs are just the tip of the iceberg. We should stop this nerfing now. So far, it's just heals. Let's not nerf every buff in the game, too.
    People won't be satisfied till the get what they want. Problem is too many times they focus so much on what they want, they never see what comes attached to it.

What's attached to this one? Well they're eyeballing the nerf bat longingly. What they're not seeing attached to it is the pain it causes when it gets used.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Lowbie traders dont even need to drain because they can have such a high NCU that with good outbuff, they become real powerhouse while any other proffession around lv 15 just got 20-30 NCU, a trader can have 110+
    dude...if u make a twink and u have 20-30 ncu at level 15, u deserve to die

untwinks...they will have more than that aswell if they are pvp'ing...

just face it, there are few noobs left in ao...every1 has a high level or two...and those that doesn't will whine cuz the other guy can afford better armor, gun, hairspray...whatever

all chars can get alot of ncu, traders/agents just can get a little more..but the difference is not that much

as for hots becoming self only or level capped...although I myself use hots on my lowbies...level cap is not a bad idea...the hots are very overpowering...far more so than rrfe at low level.

However, give fixers some buffs to cancel other peoples buffs? NT's get a buff to remove our grid and hot...give us a buff to remove their ability to cast blinds and he.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast