Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AS and Aug Hellfury.......

I must be gimped -- I rarely get 40% aimed shots in PvP with 1k AS using a Snakemaster.

I don't know where you people get off saying AS is 40% all the time, because it's really not. More like 10% of the time, maybe.

Or perhaps some guns have a higher chance at getting huge Aimed Shots than others. I don't really know how it all works, I just know what I get in PvP and rarely, rarely will I AS an Enforcer for 40%.

Actually, to compare a Snakemaster to EQB:

If we get lucky with a huge Aimed Shot, we can do 3-4k damage in one hit. Against a buffed Enforcer, occasionally 5k. The recharge is 28 seconds or so for me with 1k AS. Assuming I get a 40% AS every time I use the special (which doesn't happen, plain and simple -- not even close), I can do 3-4k damage every 28 seconds. During those 28 seconds, I will get lucky if I get one crit in (even with a 14% scope), so maybe 1500-2500 extra damage in those 28 seconds.

All the while your EQB is hitting for between 1500 and 3000 every few seconds? And you're complaining about Aimed Shot being "overpowered?"

Look, I don't want the EQB nerfed, as I explained to Anikitos the other day in the arena. I see what your other 2HE weapons are and they are purely garbage. I also know that you personally, Anikitos, are trying to find every reason to nerf anything that you think is powerful to "get even" with other classes because your prized weapon will be nerfed shortly, speed-wise. I know this because you told me in the arena, and don't deny it because there were witnesses. Now what I find stupid is that you're going so far as to use lies to support the nerfing of other specials and/or weapons. Aimed Shot is nowhere near as powerful as you say it is, at least with most weapons. Perhaps that soldier gun just gets higher Aimed Shots than other weapons. But the truth of the matter is, AS is no more powerful that the melee equivalent, Sneak Attack. They both work the same way, no? You choose not to use a weapon with this special. That's your decision. I happen to use a weapon with Aimed Shot, my decision. Maybe a better solution would be to ask Funcom to add better melee weapons which use Sneak Attack as a special instead of asking for nerfs?

Now, the problem: Funcom already said they are putting a speed cap on the weapons like EQB and Punishment Rod, but they haven't mentioned what they will cap it at. If they cap it at 2s/2s, I think that will be more than reasonable and a fairly decent compromise. What frustrated me was Anikitos screaming at me in the arena a couple days ago saying this blade was not "overpowered" because "an Enforcer should shine in the arena and beat just about anyone." Well, ok, you're arena fighters. But whether its one-on-one in the arena or you're attacking someone in a tower battle off to the side, you're still going to spank them. Funcom is looking for game balance (which is funny, I know, I chuckle too sometimes), and that weapon in its current state doesn't exactly provide this.

Theres a difference between aimed and sneak tho, you cant get 1.4k sneak attack. I agree with you anyways shef ;p
    Fluff Molgan Fluffyfluff eqp
    Mglomk2
    Synergy Factor

....have been horribly brainwashed by the prospect of being uber into camping NPCs until their peepee's shrivel (c) Naraya

No one reads my threads. You even posted in it a billion times anik. 'Analyzing the Aimed shot skill?'

There's drawbacks to these things. Cyboot uses a supernova and im sure in a fight thats rolling, especially in nw lag he's gonna get stuck with that cannon size clip its got.

Also as ive shown you im not able to AS you too well with a supernova when you're full defensive. Soldiers and Agents are really the only prof that can get a gauranteed good aimed shot with only 700ish(agent will have good AR plus more as skill)AS skill due to their attack rating. It should stay this way, as their specialties comes through ranged weapons.

I gaurantee you if they made a 100% smg weapon with aimed shot skill i'd land the same hits as cyboot on you.

I think what hiredthug meant about AS is pretty much that most of our enemies that use AS are soldiers, with ithaca/r6 nerf. Even then those were rare 40%'s but because of the lack of AR. Though, as a fixer, AS is easier to heal back up than burst is because of the recharge rates between the two.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Hehe Stromm, didn't I tell u that my supernova never reload? :P
    I still have same bullet as I had for 3 months ago
    And yes it's wierd but atleast I don't have to deal with the reload bug :P
    moon meeh

Originally posted by [BeNdEr]
    its all in the wrist....
    /Comfortyou

Tha Doc Squad Commander of Wen-Tzu Enclave

My trader

its all in the wrist....
    /Comfortyou

Tha Doc Squad Commander of Wen-Tzu Enclave

My trader

Comfortyou! Spammah!

Hehe, thats uber.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

exact! as long as you only use AS and dont let it shoot a classic shot, this weapon nevers unloads, so you never have to reload!

hehe, because a reload every single shot... :/
    To be...or not to be
    Question...answer

Serge Gainsbourg

Originally posted by Piercingevil

Hehe, thats uber.

specials don't use ammo. if you can click the weapon off quick enough after the AS (or FA) you never have to load the weapon.

Originally posted by Insida
    Wait until 14.7.8 Sols get this weird Battle Suit that add +100AllOff. Hes gonna eat you with his new tool while your EQBPR get nerfed heh

Good Quote
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Sorry sheffy i should of clarified alittle more, most ALL the as's that are hitting me in mass pvp are from soldiers and agents, supernovas , caterwuals and x-3's. Those almost always hit me for 40%, even stromm knows with his lower lvl supernova. No im not saying these are overpowered, i just wish i could do the same .

As for docs, i dont really have to worry about there dmg from the snakemaster, its those 1 sec nukes and debuffs that get me .
    Novice Thug Hiredthug Life - Fixer.
    Apprentice Cyrus Enragedthug McCloud - Enforcer.

Storm

Originally posted by calvara

specials don't use ammo. if you can click the weapon off quick enough after the AS (or FA) you never have to load the weapon.
    I know, but many get that bug anyways....I got it in the past alot, but not anymore...dunno why tho :P
    moon meeh

I need to look in to this...i hate waiting for the reload while my opponent kills me:/

gonna test it out...pressing "q" b4 i pull the supernova out an AS and hit "q" again...hopefully that will remove the "bug"

I know, but many get that bug anyways....I got it in the past alot, but not anymore...dunno why tho :P
    Im able to get past it once, and thats when i begin with it out. I swap to an smg and while the swap bar is moving i use the special, as specials can be fired from this standpoint and regular shots cannot - the problem with the supernova is that it fires a regular shot too if the swap bar isn't moving.. So while im able to pull off a successful AS without a problem at the beginning, switching back to it at a later time (which means im gonna be in combat) fires aimedshot AND a regular shot. I did talk to you about this some time ago though, are you still using a 15% scope? It could be our ranged initiation differences thats causing me to shoot a regular shot quicker than you can.

Maybe dooomiz's proposal with the 'q' release for swap and then AS might fix this, but then again with the suppression bugs in place this could really **** over things.

"No im not saying these are overpowered, i just wish i could do the same . "

You can. more and more fixers are moving toward aimed shot. Hell, id say players in general since its all about specials these days.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

The supernova works like that for me too. I can aimedshot at the start and switch no prob, but if I try midfight I almost always end up stuck as the stupid thing reloads. Was going to level up some and use the techtronic later before I decided to quit, that gun has a clip of 3 (if I recall correctly...) .
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Originally posted by Hajkster

Well, seriously the only tactic i has as a NT against Soldier is to run away. =)

just go full def, init debuff, heal, dot, heal, dot, heal a couple of more times until the reflect damage has gone down a bit, then full agg, burst, shoot, shoot, debuff, shoot, burst.. and so on... :P

Sheffy...

What i stated at the start of the thread is 100% true.
    Ask Cyboot...aka Bender.

There where also alot of ppl there watching the show.

He capped me...all the time with his AS.
    It made no difference to AS if i was full def...cap cap cap.

Now, Stromm for some reason cant achieve the same results! :P
    What i am stating here is facts and nothing more.

Many of you have clearly stated that you want EQB nerfed because you dont know how to deal with EQB at the hands of a skilled PVP Enforcer in arena......

Some of you are starting to learn how to deal with EQB.
    Example...Piercingevil.

Sheffy, yes i am pissed off at many whining ppl in here. Yes i wanted to repay your "kindness" with some love thread of my own. I mean i allready seen at least 4 EQB nerf threads so far.

I want to start with nerfing AC buffs for engis....way overpowered, cant have Megabio running arround with mega ac! :P

But seriously some of you have really pissed off the enforcer community and you mofos should be nerfed back to stoneage for your narrow arena 1vs1 minds....then you will understand.

I will wait and see the outcome of your actions on EQB.
    Everyone is responsible and will be held accountable.

About AS.
    I said Cyboot does this dmg to me. Others can too, but not in the same way as him. Does AS check on dodge evade at all? I am asking because i dont know.
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

I am moving towards this skill, testing with a gun atm. But i need lvls to max some skills, and its boring to xp. So im stuck with wishing i could.
    Novice Thug Hiredthug Life - Fixer.
    Apprentice Cyrus Enragedthug McCloud - Enforcer.

Storm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12