Thread: **Towers are useless** is notum wars?

**Towers are useless** is notum wars?

Ok - so I get the Notum wars pak - 'upload' it and get it running.

I belong to CCI a moderate sized org of Omni on RK2.

I'd like to preface this by saying I am not bitter, I still love the game, and will continue to play.

Next I'd like to say that the logistics and gameplay when refering to the "notum wars" is **Utterly** useless.

I've been the part of about 20 - 25 tower battles and from what I have seen it is utterly Impossible to defend a tower.

Here is the deal. Say you want to destroy a group of towers - what do you need?

1) first regardless of ql you need a team of level 200 players to gank the crap out of anyone who thinks that they can simply "grid" to their controller area ( I know what you will say - pvp restrictions - lol - just have the 200's call out each time someone 'grids' in that they cant attack - viola dead players - as the 60 seconds of pvp amnesty atm is bugged)

2) get about 20-25 players (regardless of level) in a "swarm" where they all simply attack anyone who comes to defend their towers - take this swarm together in a group from tower to tower and simply rip them down.

3) take all the time you need - because by the time the pink reference message reaches a guild member and they can fly to their towers - 70 - 80% of them have already been destroyed. (if you have at least 25-30 towers built - less, then the battle will be over)

4) don't worry about affiliated / close nit guild relations - by the time they are informed and join some of the major chat networks - (tarainfo) - they will have to be fixer gridded/ warped / yalm'd out to where ever the towers are located - by the time they organize - 70-80% of towers are destroyed.

5) Feel Ubah and set up your controller in the same spot - knowing for a fact that there is no tower that can be placed that is strong enough to defend itself for more than **90** seconds versus a "swarm" of players.

6) Ah but make sure you set up the ql150 towers that are available in the stores - because since they give the best stat values, and are the only ones available to players of moderate levels - they are Supah tasty to the level 200 players who have nothing better to do, and are the **lowest** ql tower the are allowed to attack. (have you tried to buy a ql 149 tower?)

7) and if you **really** want to ensure victory - just get the max number of players to enter a pvp area - say about 35 - if you stay in "swarm" formation, the opposition can not only **not** take part in the battle because of lag - the Doctors can't even get off heals cuz they are so lagged that all their screen says is -- please wait -- ..... and just pick of the defenders 1 by 1.

Ok - am I overstating the case?

I think not.

Again I am omni on RK2 - I guess I do have a death wish - as I have watched about 50% of the people I leveled with go clan because they were tired of not having the opportunity to go attack the unique mobs, and due to the fact that most high level players jumped clan - they were unable to find teams, and unable to level

- but that of course is an arguement for another thread,

- Lets get back to the function of setting up the towers - since the towers CAN NOT defend themselves against more than a few players attacking at once, a swarm of 20-25 are unstoppable.

- since allied guilds can not get to the towers from the grid, they are almost useless by the time they get out to a site to try and defend a tower. - um - if you are allied to a tower wouldn't it make sense that you should be able to grid to that org's tower?

- shouldn't the offensive team be at a disadvantage? if you are going to attack a tower, should the towers defense actually be able to hold off attackers? I mean currently it's like candy ripping these towers down. We just call out - don't bother with the defenders - just rip the tower down...

- from the other vantage point - when my towers are under attack - I get a message that my tower is at 75%, then 50% then 25% in under a minute. less than 1 minute for a tower to be torn down by a swarm - this is true of any ql tower - I have place as low as ql40 to as high as ql 177 - they all get ripped apart in less than 90 seconds.

- so I ask - after ripping down countless towers and building countless towers - WHY SHOULD I KEEP building them? or even better WHY SHOULD I EVEN BOTHER to attack them, as they are insanely easy to rip apart anyway.

I am confused, at first I really liked having the benefits of the towers, I know they have a lot of work to do on pvp, lag issues, and with silly bugs during pvp, during melee attacks - but why doesn't everyone just go clan and get like 13% exp bonus and have done with it?

The 'conflict' at this point is just USELESS.
    (And I have no plans to go clan - although since it is my time that I play it would be nice to have people available to play with my alts )

/delfarce 167 NT
    /desicratt 77 CRATT
    /broxa 62 Fixer
    /nile baby Doc
    /prefec baby trader

Re: **Towers are useless** is notum wars?

I think everyone already agrees the towers need some more tweaks. The QL 150 contollers may be candy but the ql 250 controllers are rat poison. I think there are going to be a few more ups and downs on tower difficulty while FC finds the sweet spot where the defenders aren't kicking back drinking daquiris while the turrets leave riddled corpses all over the battlefield. And where the defenders don't grid in to find a smoking ruin and 30 people holding up a sign that says "We saved the controller just to kill you as you gridded in"

Maybe boost the tower strength significantly. But have the tower strength back down as more defenders enter the battlefield. To 'Avoid friendly fire accidents" or something...like turrets with sizeable AoE attacks and 1/1 atk/recharge on them. Should clear out clumps of attackers right nicely (plus make attackers spread out more during attacks).
    Last edited by Kuroshio; Jan 11th, 2003 at 07:38:11.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Del, first... free bumpage

secondly... I TOTALLY agree with Del/Desi...

Towers *are* impossible to defend, without ignoring the towers, and PvPing... and when you are outnumbered... forget it.

Last time i checked... the defender should always have the advantage over the attacker. That theory just comes from common, practical military knowledge.

I have been on tower attacks myself, and have seen how fast a QL150 gets torn down.. think of a team of 6 200s taking on TIM in Foreman's. maybe 30 seconds? if that? Its just ugly.

Maybe omni should just tear down their towers. Let the clans win. take the fun out.

Im not trying to be a sore loser, but why should each person in an org blow off 1 mil for a tower when its just going to be smacked around in less than 2 days?

IMHO, FC needs to make some adjustments to keep the "loser" from giving up on tower battles. maybe an inversed bonus to tower strengths? (as in.... if omni is losing, making omni towers harder to kill). It was suggested in a thread of mine, and I would love to see it come to fruition.

also, IMHO, tower battles seem to only attract griefers.... those same people who attack people who *DONT* want to PvP for self gratification. The same people that make online gaming unpleasant. but as has been said before... its a game. not real life. too bad some of us use the game to get away from RL. imagine that.

And now... im going to shut up before I get flamed to oblivion, and get myself banned from the forums for being "abusive"

Talking

Agreed, it just plain sucks. Our base was all <=150 and it got wiped out in very little time. hooray for NW. The life and damage of the mid level towers needs to be twinked out a real horrorshow if this is ever going to work. As it stands now I am pretty disappointed and honestly tired of the whole damn thing.
    Bad Fixer
    Non Illegitimus Carborundum Est!