Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Religion of Funcom (Care of 14.7.8 items...) ;-)

Actually, if you were to warp into the dungeon, you'd be ejected out anyway. So, really, it's just preventing engies from warping people to the boss room I guess.. that's just so overpowering ya know?

~Chris

There has always been a religious aspect to AO ..tho many don't realize it. Look at the descriptions of the MEta-physicist ... been in the game since the beginning. Was always a religious theme. Now they expand on that ... showing possible cults or other view on religion. A game ,or book can be sci-fi and still have religion.

Read the descriptions ... and the removal of run buffs, and inability to cast beacon warp make sense. You see them as a nerf, but they are part of the story and make sense.

People complain saying FC has not updated the story ... well, heres a big update ... and it's seen as a nerf heh.

Every place should have a feel. Every dungeon should be unique ... when they implement it, people cry foul.

I think its a good thing, and should be encouraged... you still have runspeed buffs and beacon warp for 99.9% of the world.
    Silinar: 104 Meta-physicist. Elite Operations.

“Man may never understand what we have done. But God will.” ~ George McKinney

How many people over 125 won't have their 1k board? Apart from neutrals, that is. +210 to run speed right there.

Problem
    Playfield Item: Temple of Three Winds

Supposed to eject people people of level 70+ from the Temple of Three Winds dungeon. Instead, will eject everyone below level 125.

Supposed to allow levels 1 to 69.
    Actually allows only level 125+.
    My Main - Actionpete of the Red Tigers

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

The Shadowlands Perk System - "Are you feeling perky yet?"

On the Shadowlands Perk System:-
    Originally posted by OneChrisN
    Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.

Originally posted by Krystanova

Not once Shadowlands comes out you won't be... hope you're ready for a heaping helping of Western religious mythos.
    Nooooooooooooooo.
    ah well.

Originally posted by Shatai
    How many people over 125 won't have their 1k board? Apart from neutrals, that is. +210 to run speed right there.

Problem
    Playfield Item: Temple of Three Winds

Supposed to eject people people of level 70+ from the Temple of Three Winds dungeon. Instead, will eject everyone below level 125.

Supposed to allow levels 1 to 69.
    Actually allows only level 125+.
    There seem to be two different items with different descriptions and for two dfferent playfields:

Inner Sanctum - Lvls 125+
    Temple of Three Winds - Lvls -70

As it's still beta, I guess they didn't update the description yet on the one you mentioned. So it's going to be two different dungeons for the low- and hig-levels. The items above seem to be introduced to prevent a "camping" like in the subway, where people live up to lvl 34 inside though it's initially been designed for 1-24. Maybe the second item will eject you automatically once you hit lvl 71. This would, on the other hand, not be very nice for someone that levels up to 71 while still fighting in a team. Say, you enter with a full team of lvl 60-65, you gain six levels inside while killing and looting for 4 hours non-stop and suddenly you ind yourself in GTC. Maybe there should be a "grace" of five levels, so no entering past lvl 70 and auto-eject at 76?

Well, apart from the fact that depriving several classes from evade buffs is tough (NTs rely on Dark Movement a lot due to dark blue evades), I welcome the new dungeons though I fear it will be camped as the others are. Then again, I hope they make it like they did with the subway - a new dungeon every 30 people. But next time, please try to check for teams, it's annoying to have a team spawn into three different instances of a dungeon and you start the in-and-out zoning game to get them all into the same PF. Took me 25 Minutes one day to get into the same instance of subway as my team.

New items, new places to explore - great! And it's even linked to the still-dormant story? Go ahead! Make this world a bit more than a large PvP arena again.
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Originally posted by Kukulza
    I don't see free movement or terrain knowledge in there.
    I would expect that this is in part because one of the likely bosses drops Advy only armor, there are a few other Advy only items, and new pistols and 1/2HE dropping. I'd hazard a guess that this dungeon is meant to be special for Advys. (I don't mean it is ONLY for Advys, just "special" for the profession, the way Cyborg Barracks is special for Soldiers, and Steps is special for nano-classes).

Besides, they only add +40 and +100 anyway... very unlike Fixer runbuffs....
    Rhiannon "Krystanova" Pourier
    Xenobiologist and Explorer, 179 Adventurer
    Explorer 100%, Achiever 53%, Socializer 47%, Killer 0%

Visit Faunlore: Rubi-Kan Wildlife, the Anarchy Online bestiary!

Mhh my +800 runspeed Rage will still work in there.
    The optimism of the action is better than the pesimism of thought
    - Greenpeace UK

Midnight - Edged Weapons wielding RK3 Opifex Enforcer
    Leloona - Ambitious RK2 Doc of the Omni-Pol Elite-Gimps

Dune was sci-fi and religion was one of it's central themes. I don't think the two are inherently incompatible. But we'll see how it plays out, I suppose.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

for me I look at the people nerfed and think of ...

"... We hatests them we do, they stole our PRECIOUS"
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Wonder what would happen if an engineer lvl 60 would warp a 200 into the lowbie dungeon =X
    ACCOUNT STATUS

Cancelled

This account was cancelled at:
    2006-01-01 14:48:52

That was my new year resolution concerning AO...

Originally posted by Gholden
    Wonder what would happen if an engineer lvl 60 would warp a 200 into the lowbie dungeon =X
    Presuming the dungeon control items work properly, the level 200 will be warped back out to the middle of Tir County within a few seconds.
    Rhiannon "Krystanova" Pourier
    Xenobiologist and Explorer, 179 Adventurer
    Explorer 100%, Achiever 53%, Socializer 47%, Killer 0%

Visit Faunlore: Rubi-Kan Wildlife, the Anarchy Online bestiary!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12