Thread: AO lost its golden touch ?

Cool AO lost its golden touch ?

Once upon a time I got the explanation of AO...

You know , the game where you choose a profession but you have COMPLETE freedom! Even though you choose to be a doctor you can still choose to wield a rifle. You won't be as good as a professional agent - but you have the option to choose it... That's soo great about the game - YOU get the choice!!

I'm sad to see that those days are almost gone now. I see weapons just becoming "profession" specific. In Patch 14.8 there's a new rifle ONLY for agents. I shouldn't complain - I'm an agent...

I think it's a bit pity that we're becoming more forced that X weapon can only be used by X profession.

If you choose for doctor, you can't wield weapon X because you need to be profession X, you can't wear armor Y cause you need to be profession Y, you can't use item Z cause you need to be profession Z...

Why not just go for the strenghts ? Agents are supposed to be good at critting !? Create a rifle that is more crit dependant & faster - making it more beneficial for agents to use since they have their crit nano, etc. BUT other profs can use it as well. Since they miss the crit nanos, etc - they won't be as effecient.

This is not the evolution I would've wished for in AO...

What rifle? Never heard of this one....

The longshot is already in game and Agent only. But as a workaround for this problem there has been many posts in the agent forum. Some very good ideas for avoiding Prof resrtictions but making the prof its intended for the best able to use it.

Such as a 1500 conceal Req... Still possible out of Prof but VERY hard

I dont like the Prof Reqs either... Too much like EQ and the like.

I like the addition of specific profession only weapons. I think it adds to the game and does not make it worst.

In the real world medics would never be trained in the use of man portable SAM's, just as a grunt would not be trained in the use of surgery tools.
    Hemicrusher

My Current Armor Setup Nail Armor Baby!

Stupidity Should Be Painful

LVL 200 Clan Enforcer - General of Lost Chapter

Originally posted by Hemicrusher<br>Lost Chapter

In the real world medics would never be trained in the use of man portable SAM's, just as a grunt would not be trained in the use of surgery tools.
    Ooops, you gone and done it now, Hemi! Bringing up the real world in a thread is gonna get you a gazillion million flames of the 'yeah, but by that argument prof X should not be able to do thing Y'

For all it's worth, you have my sympathy.

And advs have lot of prof specific weapons, and while some of them are pretty good PISTOLS, compared to almost ALL other weapons in the game they bite big wind.

The only 2 pistols in the game that are truly uber is the Pain of Patricia and the Diamondine Kick Pistol, neither of which have prof reqs on them, and only the Kick has any kind of 'hard' req on it, because it is reserved for the atrox breed.
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?