Thread: Tir Grid borked AGAIN

Tir Grid borked AGAIN

Quote:

Tir Grid machine has now been moved to where you exit the grid.
    -Tir County Mission Terminals and Bank Terminals have been removed from Tir gate area.

Now we have NO Mission Terms/Banks/(maybe)Save Terms at the Grid area??!!

What a load of crock!

Now, EVERYONE will gather IN Tir again at South Gate for Teams and then Zone outside to the Grid. HOW is this going to help?? FC removed the Grid from the City to avoid Lag and now they bring it back...AT a Zone point no less!!

FC...rethink this please!

Trade has been like that since 14.6 . not even a save terminal to hit on your way out.

~aqua
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

drop that bugger back where it used to be. it was out of the way enough that people wouldn't run into it by accident, as with southgate.
    ~Ralakan
    w0t0 Guild leader (No longer Retired )
    Chief Engineer, RK2

Something needs to be done at least, because as it is now, Im afraid of zoning through sgate! Often I LD during the zoning (my screen goes black immidiately after "changing playfield" msg), and it takes me 15+ tries to log back on b4 I succeed.

How is moving grid and terms to new grid exit point going to help? The problem (I belive) is that the Tir county server cant handle the massive amount of ppl running around. This NEVER happened to me while TIR grid was in its original location. And back then I was on a 56k dialup modem... Now I am on adsl.

I agree with FC that grid needs to be moved, but I hope they will reconcider moving it back to where it originally was.
    "Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

I think it's a good move, just think about it.

As it was before, the grid/bank/save/reclaim/mission terminals were all in the same place. By your logic ShaZamm, wouldn't "everyone gather" outside Tir S gate? (which they obviously were/are and will be until this patch goes through).

It's way too laggy outside S gate, and now it will be much less laggy, because people will have less of a reason to be there in the first place.

Tir grid is where people gather, I doubt that will change. However, inside S gate is not where people gather. There may be a higher number of people there using the banks because it is the closest, but don't forget that banks are being put into shops. And remember... no one is forcing you to stay inside S gate for any extended period of time just go to west gate or go to the nearby shop.

Whine/no save term/Whine... well geez you're probably going to BS missions anyway, just save there.
    ~ Nikki "Kitene" Darling ~
    4925867th lvl 200 MA. cookie plz!
    ~ Lady "Aerfalle"Aerlinthe ~
    4925867th 200 NT. Gimme cookie
    '.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.>Storm<.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'

Lightbulb LFG and LAG

Lag is going to be a problem wherever FC put mission terminals and is the current place 'in spot' to get a team together. The problem is not with terminal placement, but with the whole mechanics of how people go about getting a team.
    I would suggest having lots of Team Terminals where you could register yourself as LFG and could view a list of others currently LFG and be able to invite people into teams that have registered on the terminal by clicking on their names on the LFG list. This would completely remove the problem of having to be in the same location to be invited into a team, would save all that /s LFG chat spam, and would also stop you having to TAB through all the people in the area to find that person LFG to invite them.
    Also this would show to the person being invited what the lvls and profs are of the people inviting them to team with.
    Whenever you accept a team, or logged out (or LD'd) you could be automatically removed from the LFG list.

I personally dont like them moving around the grid so much simply because it does spread people out more.. it should be put back where it orginally was. That was a good place to hang out and bop around abit and was fairly out of the way. Omni and Clan need some good gathering spots if for nothing else then social reasons.

It's part of FC's relentless campaign to make Tir more like Rome: abandoned.

Why don't you add a grid terminal in the original area, as well as having one outside? Those wanting to simply grid and run to the arena can feel free to grid from outside and zone in, avoiding the lag at the second grid point, at which people look for groups and peddle their buffs.

Or would that make too much sense?
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

I have to admit.. Even as bad as the lag could be at the old Grid at the Happy Rebel.. That was the best place to hang out and perch. I NEVER Lagged out there, just my FPS dropped to about .5/sec.
    Comprehension : The knowledge that is acquired by the act of grasping the meaning, nature, or importance of; understanding.

Katelin "Fleat" Tapanes-Musashi 216/16 ADV - Retired President of Coven of Hunters

Tastless 200+ NT
    Wilkes 208 Crat
    Fleaa 90 MA
    Squiggele 60 GA1 Fixer
    Denial 145Keeper
    Langsam 151 Doc

Posted this before, but ..

Hey ..

Well, I left the game may last year, but I got back about a week ago or so. I was shocked when I came to Tir. The place was reduced to a ghost town! .. Before my sudden "vacation", there were lots of people around in Tir, and a lot of it was because the grid was outside the happy rebel. Now, Tir is a desolate place except for the spot outside Fair Trade. Noone hardly ever visits the rebel either ..

I know people used to whine about the lag and all, but I think having people in Tir was worth it. I say move the grid back to where it was ..

Besides, it's Tir. It's a city. Having a grid there is logical. Having people there should be logical as well, and for the lag .. Well, one of the first things that happened to me after my return was ending up in a series of crashes after making my first attempt to exit Tir through the south gate. Not much change there anyway.

That's my rant for now ..

Re: LFG and LAG

Originally posted by Acidrob
    I would suggest having lots of Team Terminals where you could register yourself as LFG and could view a list of others currently LFG and be able to invite people into teams that have registered on the terminal by clicking on their names on the LFG list. This would completely remove the problem of having to be in the same location to be invited into a team, would save all that /s LFG chat spam, and would also stop you having to TAB through all the people in the area to find that person LFG to invite them.
    Also this would show to the person being invited what the lvls and profs are of the people inviting them to team with.
    Whenever you accept a team, or logged out (or LD'd) you could be automatically removed from the LFG list.

Bump for this idea! A database on who is Looking For Group would be very nice
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

Re: Tir Grid borked AGAIN

Originally posted by ShaZamm
    Quote:

Tir Grid machine has now been moved to where you exit the grid.
    -Tir County Mission Terminals and Bank Terminals have been removed from Tir gate area.

Now we have NO Mission Terms/Banks/(maybe)Save Terms at the Grid area??!!

What a load of crock!

Now, EVERYONE will gather IN Tir again at South Gate for Teams and then Zone outside to the Grid. HOW is this going to help?? FC removed the Grid from the City to avoid Lag and now they bring it back...AT a Zone point no less!!

FC...rethink this please!
    Actually, there is a new "oasis" not far away from where the new Grid term is, where there are mission terms, save terms, banks etc. And it looks d*mn good

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard