Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friendly to neutrals? Really?

Originally posted by Stromm
    As for 'propaganda' well, i highly doubt psychological warfare attempts are going to do anything at all in a computer game.
    we're.....in.......a....computer......game?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*every RPer explodes*

you are crazy if you think Psychological warfare applies to War only its a gold mine when it works for you

Talking

Originally posted by Khamuk

This is Clan Propaganda close your eyes or you my here the humm of another mindless drone trying to make a reason for why hes attacking neutrals
    No clan propaganda here , your Tabable = being attacked.

NW is about destroying. You come here to whine about someone destroying your base ?

Neuts arent suppose to be helping either side , to help one side means a Biased opinion which makes you no longer Neutral. If you can claim to still be neut i think ICC should kick you off the planet :P

Mindless Drone ? or a super secret plot to breathe alittle Life into Omni ? (god knows they need the help right about now )

And from a RP aspect : Freindly to True Neutrals . that means not you wankers who help Clan/omni :P

Well what are the neuts supposed to do anyways? Sit quietly and let both guys destroy them? They need to make an alliance with someone in hopes of surviving.

"Well what are the neuts supposed to do anyways? Sit quietly and let both guys destroy them? They need to make an alliance with someone in hopes of surviving."
    -Haiiro

Agreed, but once a "neutral" guild allies themselves with one side (as EO seems to have done) they cannot expect the other faction to not take action just because the guild in question is neutral.

hehehe... do any of you see the point? ;p Apparently not ... or those that do are keeping silent. I dont' care that we are attacked, I welcome it. I enjoy the fights.

The post was expressing that those clans that say they are friendly to neutrals, are not. Maybe a few are, but I havn't seen them. It points out the mistruths of those out there. Synergy factor seems to be the only truthful ones. For that I thank them, even if I feel they are warmongers ;p

Brutal Truth wrote:
    Neuts arent suppose to be helping either side , to help one side means a Biased opinion which makes you no longer Neutral. If you can claim to still be neut i think ICC should kick you off the planet :P
    If our actions seem to help one side over the other, then so be it. Look at the time line, we did not start this fight. That is the point of the post. We dont' favor Omni, and we sure as hell dont' favor the Clans. Individual orgs, we may help, we may not, that is our neutral choice.

How are we biased by protectiong our property?

Ooooo we attacked clans? I'm sorry ... want a tissue? Every one of those clans we attacked put a bullet or energy round into our people and property first. The Clans shed first blood with us, not the other way around.

So, tell me how we are not neutral. Tell me how we are Omni in disguise for defending ourselves. The clans have more Omni in them then us. No one has yet to refute the Time line.
    Last edited by Silinar; Jan 13th, 2003 at 06:40:15.
    Silinar: 104 Meta-physicist. Elite Operations.

“Man may never understand what we have done. But God will.” ~ George McKinney

Hmmm... Nothing against neutrals personally, but sorry, you can't have your tower just there

I think Asmoran's right here. My judgement from the posts of the neuts in this thread: neutrals shouldn't have been given the ability to place towers, and shouldn't have been given any share at all in the xp bonus. Since they were given both, they aren't neutral, they're a third faction going by the moniker of 'neutral'. I personally view the notum wars as a war between omni and clan for the planet's resources, and thus the control of the planet. A group without dedication to either side, and instead a dedication to uninvolvement has no need for these planetary resources. They'll be provided by whichever side has control of the planet in the end. Involving themselves in this war at all erases any neutrality these folks might have ever assumed. *shrug*
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Originally posted by Silinar
    hehehe... do any of you see the point? ;p Apparently not ... or those that do are keeping silent. I dont' care that we are attacked, I welcome it. I enjoy the fights.

The post was expressing that those clans that say they are friendly to neutrals, are not. Maybe a few are, but I havn't seen them. It points out the mistruths of those out there. Synergy factor seems to be the only truthful ones. For that I thank them, even if I feel they are warmongers ;p

Brutal Truth wrote:

If our actions seem to help one side over the other, then so be it. Look at the time line, we did not start this fight. That is the point of the post. We dont' favor Omni, and we sure as hell dont' favor the Clans. Individual orgs, we may help, we may not, that is our neutral choice.

How are we biased by protectiong our property?

Ooooo we attacked clans? I'm sorry ... want a tissue? Every one of those clans we attacked put a bullet or energy round into our people and property first. The Clans shed first blood with us, not the other way around.

So, tell me how we are not neutral. Tell me how we are Omni in disguise for defending ourselves. The clans have more Omni in them then us. No one has yet to refute the Time line.
    Are you reading a thing? "Apparently not." EO is being attacked by clan. IRK is not. How stupid can you be? lol..

How often in real war do people who claim to be 'neutral to the conflict' do anything to affect the conflict? doesn't that contradict the meaning? Doesn't having an impact on the conflict at all trigger the release from being neutral? Either way, whatever 'org' you helped was obviously omni, otherwise clan wouldn't be pissed about it.

It's ridiculous people expect to see the spots their bases stand in be in the same spot in 2 years from now. Towers come and go.

P.S. Not favoring omni? What clan guilds have you guys helped?
    Last edited by Stromm; Jan 13th, 2003 at 08:29:31.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Lions Den has no troubles with any neutral guild other then EO at the moment. And they will be killed on sight until they come up a good way of solving this. This is between EO and some clanners for the time being. If you assist these "mercenaries that works for the highest bidders" You will be at the same ground with them which is not good. Try something constructive instead of luring us on to your bases with funny posts like this. You call yourself neutrals, honorable warriors and such.. yet you cry and whine...
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

Originally posted by aaronb
    Well, I don't have any RP propoganda. We attacked the Elite Operations base because, well, we felt like it. Neutrals and omni are jacking our xp bonus.
    From aaronb's signature
    can we have some ethics?

Heh...

You can't hide behind the title "Neutral".

As a clan, I view a neutral base as the least of two evils. So far, I've seen very few neutrals at PvP. The few occasions I've seen them, they've been on the side attacking us. Once you attack a side in the conflict (and some red spots in WW been changing to grey the latest days, don't think that happens on its own...), your part of the conflict. When *some* neutral start attacking clan on its own, or in cooperation with omni, they are at the same time drawing every neutral into the conflict. My org have certainly seen neutral agression.

Stromm said:
    Are you reading a thing? "Apparently not." EO is being attacked by clan. IRK is not. How stupid can you be? lol..

How often in real war do people who claim to be 'neutral to the conflict' do anything to affect the conflict? doesn't that contradict the meaning? Doesn't having an impact on the conflict at all trigger the release from being neutral? Either way, whatever 'org' you helped was obviously omni, otherwise clan wouldn't be pissed about it.

It's ridiculous people expect to see the spots their bases stand in be in the same spot in 2 years from now. Towers come and go.

P.S. Not favoring omni? What clan guilds have you guys helped?
    On the last note first, if we choose to help omni, then that would indeed make us favorable to omni, and thus as you all say, not neutral. Individual members help clan when they feel like it, or not when they don't. There is no rule to help clans, nor omni. I can think of few times when individuals in the org have helped clans, but no, not as a whole. The main reason to that is due to the attacks on us.

The IRK were attacked in the beginning. Ask the Dominatrix Society of Tir. I'm sure some others remember too. We were there. We helped defend the base. We also helped protect their little hawii spot from omni aggression. Eventually that spot fell, but there were skermishes before it fell that we helped. I'm sure Nealandbob could back me up on verifying this.

I hear what you say. But not all of it is indeed fact friend.

The only difference between the begining of NW between IRK, and EO is EO retaliated. IRK stood and took it. They were being attacked, perhaps as we have been, I dunno, based on the original contract to kill Steel. A second flare up, and this I believe more to the point is a personal grudge a clanner has against EO's president, Sumokan.

In defending IRK base in little hawii, Sumo, knowing the base was under attack, tabed, and killed a clanner. This clanner happend to be helping in the defence and was a commong tab-kill ... as neutrals have been subject to for years before NW. She was indignant and petulent. She started a fued with her alternate in Opposing force against EO. after sometime griefing on our (then) mort base, the issue was supposedly closed... since then tho, we've always been attacked by clanners. And for the most part, we retaliated

Should omni wish to mess with us, we will react in kind.

That, is not the action of an org affiliated with omni. Sorry to burst your bubble.

You want to look at real world wars? Holland and switzerland were neutral in WWII, as was the US initially. Due to US intrests and aggressive actions against the US, the US enters the side against their aggressors. Should we follow that route, right now then I guess we'd eb omni. But, there was also Switzerland and Holland. Holland was invaded and decimated. Switz were left alone because the mountains of their lands proved highly in-hospitable to an army. So lets look at holland. When they were invaded, did they fight back? or did they welcome the germans with open arms? You tell me, because I truly don't know and sometime soon may look it up for the heck of it.

To fight does not contradict the meaning of neutrality. The meaning of the war is Idealogical differences. Neutrals could care less for clan and omni Ideals. We dont' fight for those reasons. Each neutral org fights for it's own reason, and fight they do. You expresion of neutrality then is the same as BDS, never pick up a gun. Well ... I don't see a lot of lvl 1 pacifists. So then Funcom must have ment something different when they said neutrality. Hmm ... neutral to the war between omni and clan perhaps? I don't care who wins the war, as long as I get cash in the process. Other neutrals fight for other reasons.

Lion Strimple said:
    Lions Den has no troubles with any neutral guild other then EO at the moment. And they will be killed on sight until they come up a good way of solving this. This is between EO and some clanners for the time being. If you assist these "mercenaries that works for the highest bidders" You will be at the same ground with them which is not good. Try something constructive instead of luring us on to your bases with funny posts like this. You call yourself neutrals, honorable warriors and such.. yet you cry and whine...
    The only reason Lions Den has "trouble" with EO is because ya took our base ;p and we still want it back. So yes, we will continue to attempt that. and I never said I was honorable ;p I'll do what ever it takes, but I'm sure many of my comrades are. this is not crying and whining ... you can see plenty of that else where. This is, how shall I put it, constructive bantering

If you want us to do something constructive, what do you suggest? You say its up to us to resolve this issue, but in truth, its the other way around. The log of the meeting with one of your generals is fairly intresting as well.

here's a small quote:

15:35: Deinarra: Sooner or later both sides will push you to choose one too. The war isn't all out yet, but it will, eventually
    15:35: Deinarra: We don't have the resources to defend a fully operational high quality base in the depths of omni territory. So we went for one in Clan territory
    15:37: Sumokan: The "Horanoable" LD could not take a omni spot so they pick on a smaller weaker guild a neut guild hahaha
    Thats the reason LD took the spot We arn't whining about it Just find it funny that ya say one thing, and do another There is plenty more to that log, but I wont' post any more of it without permission

I can't think of anything more constructive ... so if you feel lured to our base, attack I love a good fight

As for the neutrals being a third faction ... believe it if ya want. I won't deny it. I personally feel that way too, but that is my own belief. Other neutrals will fight that definition though. If there was another tag for indipendent. Or better yet, a merc tag ... let us be green while the rest are grey, blue, and orange I would be happy. Unfortianatly tho, funcom limits this and lumps it all into neutrality. I also personally feel that more then half of both omni and clan would be better with a neutral tag, as their actions would suggest. They don't follow the idealologies of either side ...they do their own thing, and in the idealogical war between clan and omni ,they are neutral and care less.

Edit:
    As a clan, I view a neutral base as the least of two evils. So far, I've seen very few neutrals at PvP. The few occasions I've seen them, they've been on the side attacking us. Once you attack a side in the conflict (and some red spots in WW been changing to grey the latest days, don't think that happens on its own...), your part of the conflict. When *some* neutral start attacking clan on its own, or in cooperation with omni, they are at the same time drawing every neutral into the conflict. My org have certainly seen neutral agression

If you look at the original owner of that spot, it was Bah!. And next to it are the Dust Bunnies. They been turning grey due to our fight against bah! and the dust bunnies. A lot of intense fighting there too. As you may see in the timeline, they attacked us, and are being retaliated on. Thats what it looks like. they lose towers. We give the spot to others. We care not who sits in the spot, be it neutral, clan, or omni. As long as its not any of those we are at war with. All in all, the effect you may feel is a slight 1% or 2% reduction in Exp bonus. Otherwise, it doesn't effect you in any way, be you clan, neutral, or omni. We don't attack an org, untill they attack us. If you wanna be put on the hit list, then attack one of our bases. Its that simple. We retaliate. We dont' sit around picking daisies while our base gets detroyed... as suprising as that is with us being neutral.

You know ... if someone you didnt' know came down the street for no apparent reason and punched you in the face. What kind of person are you? Would you say, aww its ok, and give 'em a hug. Would you get pissed but let it pass. Or would you hit 'em back?
    Last edited by Silinar; Jan 13th, 2003 at 10:49:41.
    Silinar: 104 Meta-physicist. Elite Operations.

“Man may never understand what we have done. But God will.” ~ George McKinney

It was Sumokan himself that labeled himself and tha gang honourable warriors. Yet you deny. Fine we ll act accordingly. If this came to a point where you transmit private conversations here then I shall give some stuff for you to chow once I get home. But that is not the case is it? Look at Clon****... Its invaded. Lions and her allies (SF,AIL) will go on till all inconvinience on Atlantean is resolved. The question here is... Do you want to be an inconvinience? We stand strong. You got a base at Mort where our ally AIL had a base near it. Lions Den generals saw that fit to invade it ignoring if you are a neutral or an omni. The logic was right. I wont go into the motives for it varies for every single soul here. It has happened and you will never ever be able to take it back. We offered you a deal on our terms, which would keep you safer I assure. Yet you rejected it. If you want to sort this out I can assure you war wont do you any good.
    Last edited by Sware; Jan 13th, 2003 at 16:10:29.
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

If you are neutral, then don't try to claim land in clan territory. None of us care what you do in Newland, but keep it there.

If some 'neutral' people came to your homeland and started claiming land ('but we're not attacking you!!') would you:

A) throw them out or
    B) wait until they'd taken over your entire country

We took Mort, and we'll keep it. We attacked your other bases because you made ridiculous demands for peace. If you want us to stop, then you come to us.

If you check, you will notice that we have been venturing deep into Omni territory lately, claiming land (we've taken almost half of Clon**** at this point.) Regardless though, we will never give up Mort to neutrals.

To be honest, I think your whining is pretty much because you WANT to fight, although once we show up standing in 75% is pretty much the drill...

Anyway, please continue with your 'neutral propaganda' - cutting your losses would be a good move at this stage though, or you may find yourself with more enemies than you can handle, and we won't have to do a thing to summon them.. you're creating these enemies yourself.
    Last edited by Shikhi; Jan 13th, 2003 at 15:14:28.
    Velveeta - The best atrox doctor on Rubi-Ka 1!
    Aiboforcen - A change of pace..
    Shikhi - The return!

Digital Gunfire - Music to level by.

I was the General in Command of the Lions Den attack on the EO base in Mort.
    We had received information that EO originally take the base by force from a clan, information which appearantly was false. When choosing the target we had a quick talk with some of the neighbours in the area and they all supported our attack.

I personally havent speaken with any EO member about this, since they in my personal opinion are nothing but scum, murderers and thiefs, not worthy to be accepted as "neutral".
    BUT I have supported a diplomatic link between Lions Den and EO and also supported the idea of compensate EO by helping them get a land somewhere out of Mort or any other Clan territory.

As far as I know, these diplomatic negotiations have failed.
    Whitedread was born on Fri Jul 6 19:52:15 2001 and retired from Rubi-Ka on Thu Nov 27 18:00:00 2003.

Barko, Master Creature Handler in Ancarim Iron Legion, Kettemoor Galaxy (Starwars Galaxies)

Originally posted by Silinar
    Stromm said:

On the last note first, if we choose to help omni, then that would indeed make us favorable to omni, and thus as you all say, not neutral. Individual members help clan when they feel like it, or not when they don't. There is no rule to help clans, nor omni. I can think of few times when individuals in the org have helped clans, but no, not as a whole. The main reason to that is due to the attacks on us.

The IRK were attacked in the beginning. Ask the Dominatrix Society of Tir. I'm sure some others remember too. We were there. We helped defend the base. We also helped protect their little hawii spot from omni aggression. Eventually that spot fell, but there were skermishes before it fell that we helped. I'm sure Nealandbob could back me up on verifying this.

I hear what you say. But not all of it is indeed fact friend.

The only difference between the begining of NW between IRK, and EO is EO retaliated. IRK stood and took it. They were being attacked, perhaps as we have been, I dunno, based on the original contract to kill Steel. A second flare up, and this I believe more to the point is a personal grudge a clanner has against EO's president, Sumokan.

In defending IRK base in little hawii, Sumo, knowing the base was under attack, tabed, and killed a clanner. This clanner happend to be helping in the defence and was a commong tab-kill ... as neutrals have been subject to for years before NW. She was indignant and petulent. She started a fued with her alternate in Opposing force against EO. after sometime griefing on our (then) mort base, the issue was supposedly closed... since then tho, we've always been attacked by clanners. And for the most part, we retaliated

Should omni wish to mess with us, we will react in kind.

That, is not the action of an org affiliated with omni. Sorry to burst your bubble.

You want to look at real world wars? Holland and switzerland were neutral in WWII, as was the US initially. Due to US intrests and aggressive actions against the US, the US enters the side against their aggressors. Should we follow that route, right now then I guess we'd eb omni. But, there was also Switzerland and Holland. Holland was invaded and decimated. Switz were left alone because the mountains of their lands proved highly in-hospitable to an army. So lets look at holland. When they were invaded, did they fight back? or did they welcome the germans with open arms? You tell me, because I truly don't know and sometime soon may look it up for the heck of it.

To fight does not contradict the meaning of neutrality. The meaning of the war is Idealogical differences. Neutrals could care less for clan and omni Ideals. We dont' fight for those reasons. Each neutral org fights for it's own reason, and fight they do. You expresion of neutrality then is the same as BDS, never pick up a gun. Well ... I don't see a lot of lvl 1 pacifists. So then Funcom must have ment something different when they said neutrality. Hmm ... neutral to the war between omni and clan perhaps? I don't care who wins the war, as long as I get cash in the process. Other neutrals fight for other reasons.

Lion Strimple said:

The only reason Lions Den has "trouble" with EO is because ya took our base ;p and we still want it back. So yes, we will continue to attempt that. and I never said I was honorable ;p I'll do what ever it takes, but I'm sure many of my comrades are. this is not crying and whining ... you can see plenty of that else where. This is, how shall I put it, constructive bantering

If you want us to do something constructive, what do you suggest? You say its up to us to resolve this issue, but in truth, its the other way around. The log of the meeting with one of your generals is fairly intresting as well.

here's a small quote:

Thats the reason LD took the spot We arn't whining about it Just find it funny that ya say one thing, and do another There is plenty more to that log, but I wont' post any more of it without permission

I can't think of anything more constructive ... so if you feel lured to our base, attack I love a good fight

As for the neutrals being a third faction ... believe it if ya want. I won't deny it. I personally feel that way too, but that is my own belief. Other neutrals will fight that definition though. If there was another tag for indipendent. Or better yet, a merc tag ... let us be green while the rest are grey, blue, and orange I would be happy. Unfortianatly tho, funcom limits this and lumps it all into neutrality. I also personally feel that more then half of both omni and clan would be better with a neutral tag, as their actions would suggest. They don't follow the idealologies of either side ...they do their own thing, and in the idealogical war between clan and omni ,they are neutral and care less.

Edit:

If you look at the original owner of that spot, it was Bah!. And next to it are the Dust Bunnies. They been turning grey due to our fight against bah! and the dust bunnies. A lot of intense fighting there too. As you may see in the timeline, they attacked us, and are being retaliated on. Thats what it looks like. they lose towers. We give the spot to others. We care not who sits in the spot, be it neutral, clan, or omni. As long as its not any of those we are at war with. All in all, the effect you may feel is a slight 1% or 2% reduction in Exp bonus. Otherwise, it doesn't effect you in any way, be you clan, neutral, or omni. We don't attack an org, untill they attack us. If you wanna be put on the hit list, then attack one of our bases. Its that simple. We retaliate. We dont' sit around picking daisies while our base gets detroyed... as suprising as that is with us being neutral.

You know ... if someone you didnt' know came down the street for no apparent reason and punched you in the face. What kind of person are you? Would you say, aww its ok, and give 'em a hug. Would you get pissed but let it pass. Or would you hit 'em back?
    Just a tip. The more you post, the less you'll be paid attention to. Posts > 2 pages = unread posts.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Just an FYI, Lion Strimple didn't say what you attributed to him.

All in all, the effect you may feel is a slight 1% or 2% reduction in Exp bonus. Otherwise, it doesn't effect you in any way, be you clan, neutral, or omni.
    Dumb neut.. of course it does. You are attacking the side we are affiliated with. That's like saying if we attack other neutrals and take their land it doesn't affect you. If you attack clanners you will be destroyed, no matter who they are.

Besides, a loss of 1% xp bonus is enough to make me go stomp some neut ass, if they are the ones causing the loss. What do you lose if we destroy YOUR towers? A -0.01% loss of xp bonus?

Don't preach what you don't practice.
    Last edited by Shikhi; Jan 13th, 2003 at 17:36:57.
    Velveeta - The best atrox doctor on Rubi-Ka 1!
    Aiboforcen - A change of pace..
    Shikhi - The return!

Digital Gunfire - Music to level by.

Lions Dens manifesto/policy says they should not attack any neutrals under any circumstances. Their first hostile act in NW is against neutrals, go figure.

Lions Den is supposedly hostile to Omni, yet they listen to the first omni who passes by saying EO took the Mort base by force, go figure.

Lions Den is supposedly a RP guild, yet they cry like a little baby about their xp bonus, go figure.

As for EO being hostile, take a look at who we are hostile against. Its the same people that took or assisted in taking land from us in the first place!

ICC deregulated mining and opened it up for FREE ENTERPRISE regardless of faction. Which part of "free enterprise" says you have to be Omni or Clan? Does the name Harry ring a bell? Ya know, second biggest merchant on Rubi-Ka? Do you want to claim he's Clan or Omni?

If you clanners think neutrals arent supposed to have towers then you're saying clanners shouldnt have them either. It was Omni who had a monopoly on mining and now that you're given a possibility to mine yourselves, you're whining about a small group of people like neutrals getting the same chance.

The bases that certain clans have occpied is still considered to be EO property. Occupied by hostiles, we will fight until the day we have been compensated or the bases are returned into neutral care.

I believe there are a few points Lions Den should strike from their manifesto/policies since their stance seems quite different now with Notum Wars on us:

- Lions Den is not neutral friendly in any shape or form.
    - Lions Den is not a roleplaying guild.
    - Lions Den is not hostile towards Omni.
    - Lions Den is not honorable.

Persisting with those claims makes me want to cry and laugh at the same time. Give them up, sticking to them makes you look rediculous.

/Jereziah
    Wasted time: 220, 220, 213, 211, 191, 187, 182, 175, 140, 94, 60, 55, 52, 31, 25
    Big bad neutral addict

Originally posted by Jereziah
    Lions Dens manifesto/policy says they should not attack any neutrals under any circumstances. Their first hostile act in NW is against neutrals, go figure.
    /Jereziah
    Just so that ya know, Lion's Den had a base in Pleasant Meadows taken from Omni-Tek long before the Mort base was taken.
    Just because some Lion's Den member's enjoy their xp bonus doesn't mean they aren't "roleplayers". Your post just seems to be a Lion's Den bashing post, Jereziah, which does not suprise me because so far in my experience with neutrals(at least EO), they seem to love to talk s***. If you want to start a Lion's Den bashing post, go start your own thread and bugger out of this one.

EDIT: toned down the language.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast