Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friendly to neutrals? Really?

Friendly to neutrals? Really?

Greetings everyone. I come before you all to set the record strait, if you will. Ever since Notum Wars began, and even before I imagine, Elite Operations, and their training organization, The Elite Acadamy have been hounded. what have they been hounded as you may ask? They have been refered to as brigands, scum, neutral fence sitters (most common and in style latly thanks to fisk), and what have you. Why have we been givin these names? Because we act, and defend what is ours.

The Clans, while some may indeed be friendly and true to their words, seem to like to attack neutrals. Some tell us it's because we've commited war crimes, and must be punished. Funny how that reasoning comes about. Elite Operations (and from now on, include EA) has done nothing but defend and counter attack. Oh!! but how the clans cry foul should we attack in retribution for an attack they did to us. For us to attack them is a war crime ... but them to attack us is umm .. what was it called? Survival of the fittest? we are considered an "easy target" instead of their omni counterparts. Or better yet, we seem to hold "clan territory" and instead of offering to buy it and use diplomacy, they attack. And get beat, except for some... so far. All this with clans that claim to be "friendly" to neutrals.

Let me post some examples from our aggressors.

Lions Den:

PvP outside Arena
    Don't attack Clan or Neutral players under any circumstances except in self defence or to defend another Lion. Its however allowed and encouraged to attack Omni players under any circumstances.
    and
    Black Dawn Syndicate:

A New Resolution
    ----------------
    Black Dawn Syndicate resolves to enact the following actions:
    1) Defending the lives of members of the clans
    2) Defending the mining equipment and land holdings of the clans
    3) Destroying Omni mining equipment
    4) Destroying those who defend Omni equipment and holdings
    5) Defending the lives and equipment of neutral parties on Rubi-Ka
    Bah! and Dust Bunnies at this time appear to have no known neutral polocy.

It appears though, they say neutral, but they have their own definition to what a neutral is, without putting that definition down.

In the case of BDS, through talks, they say we violated resolution #1 by defending our bases and retaliating, which makes resolution #5 void.

In the case of Lions Den, they so, "oh sorry", and leave it at that.

Both have offered to potentially destroy an Omni base and give it to us .... oh how gracious. We got enough on our plates, without starting conflict with Omni at this time.

Lions Den claims to want peace, but gives nothing but an apology for their mistake. They state they couldn't hold a similar base in omni lands, so the took it from a neutral org because its safer. Does anyone else see what is wrong here, in regards to their "stance on neutrals" ?

As for BDS, they were much better in their diplomatic means, but the terms were deemed unacceptable. We will not take a base away from omni and fight a 3+ front war. Simple as that.

Let me give you all the history of EO/Ea towers and you decide if it shows us as aggressors. If it is inaccurate, in any way, post it. If it is true, I will add it to the time line, but it must be provable, whether by many others, or a screen shot that is without a doubt true.

The history of EO/EA towers:

-Notum mineing was deregulated (NW released)

-EO founds base in TLR , Mort, and CAV.

-EA founds base in HitW, and TLR.

**No blood was spilled claiming these spaces. They were open territory. **

-Red tigers attack EO in TLR, but are repelled. No known retaliation has occured.

-Metaphys clan attacks EO, TLR. They are repelled. One known aggressive action in retaliation (helped WB).

-Lions Den takes down Mort tower with help.
    EO responds by destroying over half the base, but is repelled. Diplomatic actions are failed.

-EA tower in TLR destroyed by the Dust Bunnies.
    EA responds by destroying the Dust Bunnies tower and rebuilding.

-Black Dawn Syndicate destroys and claims EA tower slot in TLR with help of Bah! and other clanners. No known retaliation to BDS. Bah!'s base was destroyed for their involvemet. Diplomatic actions to BDS have failed.

-EO or EA base attacked by Dust Bunnies
    EA retaliates on Dust Bunnies base in Wailing Wastes.

-1/8/03 ~0500 cst
    EA helps Wolf Brigade take down a base belonging to Clan Metaphys.

-1/10/03 ~0700 cst.
    EA tears down Bah!'s towers in Wailing waste with help from CircleG. Only defenders were Synergy Factor.

With this out in the open, can anyone explain to me why we are considered to have commited war crimes against the clans? Many clan say we are omni friendly, but I don't see how this is an accurate assessment when only clans have attacked us and we are reactionary.

We are a mercenary org, aye, but we have also not recieved any contracts yet to take down a tower. If there was a contract out, it would also have political implications and not necessarily always accepted.

so I ask you all out there. Prove me wrong. Prove EO/EA is the war criminals that is claimed.

I would like to know.

*edit: dates added to known dates.*
    Last edited by Silinar; Jan 10th, 2003 at 23:12:31.
    Silinar: 104 Meta-physicist. Elite Operations.

“Man may never understand what we have done. But God will.” ~ George McKinney

Let me help youout there Clan Propaganda is that you committed war crimes this is so they can tell other people they had a valid Role Playing reason for attacking your base if you ask a clanner what exactly the war crime was its proberbly trying to solve things civily

Tell you what, me and my corporation won't attack you guys if you won't attack us.

Yeah, I know my corporation only amounts to one employee... I'm working on it, okay?

Well, I don't have any RP propoganda. We attacked the Elite Operations base because, well, we felt like it. Neutrals and omni are jacking our xp bonus.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

hahahahahahah

amen !
    Cheeze
    Advisor of Arcane Legacy

Originally posted by aaronb
    Well, I don't have any RP propoganda. We attacked the Elite Operations base because, well, we felt like it. Neutrals and omni are jacking our xp bonus.
    Exactly.

If Im out attacking a tower, or defending a base....Ill attack anything that i tab. No time to check if they are neutral. If they are in pvp zone, and i can tab em, they die.

What? You don't like friendly fire?

(Personally I go for the "Oops, it was an accident!")

(Yeah, I know that normally you can't accidentally destroy half of someone's base but... Seriously, I swear I thought the towers were blue. BLUE!)

Well, I don't have any RP propoganda. We attacked the Elite Operations base because, well, we felt like it. Neutrals and omni are jacking our

Greetings,

I do not normally post on these board but when I saw Asmoran post and I needed to reply and say thank you for your honesty, you are the first clan org that admit to your action. What the gripe is about is that all the clan orgs who attacked us will not come clean. The excuses we hear is that it was a mistake, Omni fooled us into attacking you or we did not know it was a neutral base. But after that they still claim they are neutral friendly or have it written on there charters, But its rare to see a honest clanner nowadays so thank you for at least being a man and admitting what you have done.

Sincerely, Sumokan

And that's what killed RK2 and will eventually kill RK1 unless FunCom does something about it. Then again, the game will be easier for them to balance when there's no blue or grey on the map.

Nice to hear an honest answer for once. Hope you get to 200 as quick as your heart desires.

Originally posted by Sumokan
    its rare to see a honest clanner nowadays so thank you for at least being a man and admitting what you have done.

Sincerely, Sumokan
    aren't you the guy that attacked the placeholder base we had in The Longest Road? the one whose bot we dismantled and played catch with the parts with while we were waiting to turn the base over to its current owners?

thanks for the amusement

Originally posted by The Evil Couch

aren't you the guy that attacked the placeholder base we had in The Longest Road? the one whose bot we dismantled and played catch with the parts with while we were waiting to turn the base over to its current owners?

thanks for the amusement
    While I certainly wasn't there, and this is the first I've heard of this.......

I really doubt it. Sumokan is an MA........NOT an Engie. You are mistaken, I think.
    Last edited by Nealandbob; Jan 11th, 2003 at 15:58:35.
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

Well, crap. I thought you all were stand-up guys concerning Neuts. Which is why I showed up to help defend your base one day when you were being attacked. That, and I was asked by a friend.

Sure, I didn't actually *do* squat..........I had to stay in one place to minimize my Tab footprint for you all. But I was there to help if it got hairy and you NEEDED it(thankfully you didn't). Oh, well......let me know if your stance towards Neutrals changes. Ya never know, it might make a difference someday, having one more body there to soak up Alphas to save the doc, or whatever(I have no delusions about my effectiveness in Tower PvP......my job is to take damage and die, to let the docs heal and NT's nuke for a few seconds more. Or if I'm lucky, to find a person who got lost from the pack and engage 1-on-1). Peace.
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

Originally posted by Nealandbob

While I certainly wasn't there, and this is the first I've heard of this.......

I really doubt it. Sumokan is an MA........NOT an Engie. You are mistaken, I think.
    well, I suppose it could be a case of mistaken identity, but I think it's a little su****ious that we get the message that we're being attacked by elite operations and then there's someone whose name starts in sumo trying to hump our placeholder tower.

Re: Friendly to neutrals? Really?

Originally posted by Silinar
    -Red tigers attack EO in TLR, but are repelled. No known retaliation has occured.

-Metaphys clan attacks EO, TLR. They are repelled. One known aggressive action in retaliation (helped WB).
    Damn. Shows how gimpy MPs and MAs are. We can't even take out some gimpy no 1k boatrds having neutrals...WTF?

lol j/k, but it's kinda true
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Originally posted by The Evil Couch

well, I suppose it could be a case of mistaken identity, but I think it's a little su****ious that we get the message that we're being attacked by elite operations and then there's someone whose name starts in sumo trying to hump our placeholder tower.
    I don't know why, but that quote made me bust out laughing....Maybe it was the imagery?
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Originally posted by THEDEACON!

I don't know why, but that quote made me bust out laughing....Maybe it was the imagery?
    Aren't you supposed to be lost somewhere with your demon?
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

As usual, roleplaying is foggin' up the windows. There's a forum specifically for this nonsense.

For a LONG time theyve been helping omnis in raids and attacking clan bases. Pretty much every clan guild has noticed this...At the moment, theyre just as much an omni guild as any other to all of us. No one could give a rats arse less whether they're 'neutral' or not because they aren't going to hide behind it anymore.

I mean i understand you have a low exp bonus, just go omni. Neuts shouldn't be participating against one side in NW, doesn't figure.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Originally posted by Stromm
    As usual, roleplaying is foggin' up the windows. There's a forum specifically for this nonsense.

For a LONG time theyve been helping omnis in raids and attacking clan bases. Pretty much every clan guild has noticed this...At the moment, theyre just as much an omni guild as any other to all of us. No one could give a rats arse less whether they're 'neutral' or not because they aren't going to hide behind it anymore.

I mean i understand you have a low exp bonus, just go omni. Neuts shouldn't be participating against one side in NW, doesn't figure.
    Another person who has no clue what neutrality is about.
    And if we would care so much about the xp bonus, wouldn't we have changed ages ago? with the 1k token boards adding 7%.

Originally posted by Stromm

This is Clan Propaganda close your eyes or you my here the humm of another mindless drone trying to make a reason for why hes attacking neutrals

Originally posted by Khamuk

This is Clan Propaganda close your eyes or you my here the humm of another mindless drone trying to make a reason for why hes attacking neutrals
    'Attacking neutrals?'

I haven't fired a round at a neutral base, or a neutral player since NW came out. I'm simply giving you the reason why Elite Operations are under attack by clanners - if it was really against the entire whole of the neutral people, clanners would be attacking all neutrals, in which they aren't, really the only neutral guild i can think of that clanners are pissed off at is EO...I do remember clan leaders saying on nwchat that neutrals like IRK should not be attacked by us because they didn't attack clanners.

"Another person who has no clue what neutrality is about. "

Being someone who is not neutral i can understand that i don't have a complete grasp of 'what neutrality is about,' but perhaps you could tell me if what im saying is wrong =)

As for 'propaganda' well, i highly doubt psychological warfare attempts are going to do anything at all in a computer game.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast