Thread: What exactly is the Notum Wars booster?

Question What exactly is the Notum Wars booster?

I know this might sound painfully dumb, but I can't find a full, useful description of the Notum wars booster anywhere.
    I know that somehow "towers" are involved, and large PvP fights, but thats it.

Can anyone post a link with a definitive, detailed description of this booster so I can figure out what it is? Screenshots would also be nice if someone knows a link.

Thanks for any assistance

The Notum Wars booster is an add-on to AO that allows you to build Notum Mining towers in various outdoors playfields of Rubi-Ka. There is a section on the main AO page with screenshots and various articles from FC devs; there is also a Land Control map you can check from your launcher window in the upper-right corner after you go to the character selection screen.

Very simply put, NW is about "land control" - having your guild's towers on a chunk of land. The more and better your land is, the more bonuses you get to your character, including bonuses to skills and abilities, max health and nano, armor class, and the like. Obviously these bonuses make your character more powerful.

The catch, as it were, is that other players are allowed to attack your tower bases and destroy your towers; if they are able to destroy the entire base, they can put their own towers up instead of yours. Attacking and defending a tower base involves PvP combat with many people on either side.

Unfortunately, because of the way NW's game systems are set up, most players consider NW to be "high level content" - until you can have QL 150 towers or higher, you will constantly be out-leveling your towers and unable to defend them from lower level attackers. So if you want to get new towers after outleveling your existing ones, you'll have to attack people who are higher level and have better bonuses than you do.

The flip side is the existence of 'twinks' - alternate characters of high level players who have far more resources and game experience behind them. These characters are often advanced to a specific level and 'parked' there so that they can fight in a certain PvP range. Twink characters are the method of choice for organizations who want to hold on to low QL bases without ever having to upgrade them.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Thank you! Now I understand.