Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Patch 14.7.8.0 on Test

Patch 14.7.8.0 on Test

[01.10.03. 16.45 GMT/UTC] - TestLive UP!

December 10th - patch 14.7.8.0 on Test Live.

Playfield Changes:
    -We have introduced a new dungeon, Temple of Three Winds. This is aimed at players level 60 and below.
    -New high-level dungeon, Inner Sanctum. This is aimed at the highest-level players.
    -Tir Grid machine has now been moved to where you exit the grid.
    -Tir County Mission Terminals and Bank Terminals have been removed from Tir gate area.
    -There are some new mission terminals in Tir County just south of Tir.
    -The Shop o Fortune has been removed from shops.
    -Added bank terminals to several shops. - Removed some bank terminals from several cities.

Monster Changes:
    -Many high level monsters (levels 245+) have had their NanoAC decreased, dramatically in some cases. Nanotechnicians did not do much good against many of these monsters, and that was not the intention.

Item Changes:
    -The Burnt-Out Armor effects from the Hellfury and Hellspinner weapons no longer stack with each other. The Hellspinner effect is more powerful, so will replace the Hellfury effect if it is present.
    -Fixed a bug with Omni Armed Forces armor and Superior Sentinel Armor. They are now modifying the "life" stat instead of the "health" stat.
    -Added more suitable icons to the "Modernized ICC Cloaks".
    -Removed profession requirements on some Hacked Pills and Blister Packs.
    -Fixed the icon of the Deformed Mantidae Tarsus.

Nano Changes:
    -There was a problem with the Boil Blood nano where the original target was not being affected by the damage-over-time. This has been fixed, and the original target will now be affected (as will other enemies in the area).
    -Beacon Warp and Team Beacon Warp have been placed into their own nano line.

General Changes:
    -Cancelling a trade with your main inventory full will open up the overflow window.
    -The black doors issue has been given a more thorough fix. This should prevent you from getting black doors, and also reduce the warping in missions. Please note that the latter will not be gone completely in this patch.

Thanks for the info but why is this ifnormation not appearing in the "In Production -> In Progress" or "In Production-> On Test Server" pages ?

The last updated dates on these pages was 22nd and 20th November respectively which to new potential players looks just down right terrible.

If I was thinking about buying AO these are the sort of pages I would look at to see how proactive the development team are at on going game development/patches/fixes etc. Right now unless one trawls the forums I wouldn't be getting a good impression of FC/AO in that area.

If you (FC) aren't going to update those pages (why not ?) then remove them as they are damaging being so blatantly neglected.

Now that we have a new patch to test, we need as many players as possible who have time to come and help us out with testing.

If you don't know how to get to test, click here.
    -Diff-
    Veteran of Testlive
    Anarchy Online Test Community
    Getting Started on Test!
    Exploits is considered cheating, no one likes a cheater, so don't do it.

While I really appreciate all the work the testers do for FC and for us, the players..I personally have no interest in testing. I have such limited time to play as it is I'd rather be spending it playing rather than testing.

Like I said, respect and thanks to the guys and gals that do but it's not for me.

Originally posted by si
    Thanks for the info but why is this ifnormation not appearing in the "In Production -> In Progress" or "In Production-> On Test Server" pages ?

The last updated dates on these pages was 22nd and 20th November respectively which to new potential players looks just down right terrible.

If I was thinking about buying AO these are the sort of pages I would look at to see how proactive the development team are at on going game development/patches/fixes etc. Right now unless one trawls the forums I wouldn't be getting a good impression of FC/AO in that area.

If you (FC) aren't going to update those pages (why not ?) then remove them as they are damaging being so blatantly neglected.
    Prolly because whoever is responsible for the patches isn't the same person responsible for the website?
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

but you would have thought that in the nearly two months since the last update, the guy doing the patch would have told the guy doing the site that somethings happening ?

I know FC don't tell us much but please tell me they talk amongst themselves

Test huh...

Well....Iwould come to Test if I could get back in it! Ever since building a new PC and installing NWs, I have been unable to go online again. Tried all the helpful ideas that others have submitted for the same problem, but still cannot update the Patches. Seems FC has two different versions between Live and Test and they are out of synch.

I guess my two toons on Test will starve to death before FC fixes thier problem

Re: Test huh...

Originally posted by ShaZamm
    Well....Iwould come to Test if I could get back in it! Ever since building a new PC and installing NWs, I have been unable to go online again. Tried all the helpful ideas that others have submitted for the same problem, but still cannot update the Patches. Seems FC has two different versions between Live and Test and they are out of synch.

I guess my two toons on Test will starve to death before FC fixes thier problem
    My Live version copied fine today.

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

I just have to add something that isnt in THESE patchnotes, but referres to something Cz said recently on the trader forum (and I have to admit Im writing this with delightful malice):

The way drains work might be changed, making it impossible to drain a low level mob for skillpoints it doesnt have. In other words:

It will be impossible for traders to step drain into wrangling 132 from backyard mobs etc. Did I hear something going through the roof? oh ya.. the prices for wrangles just took off!

Nerf stick right back at ya!
    "Sure, lemme just go to mort and drain first. 2M up front pls"
    "Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

Prices for wrangles shouldn't be any higher...just deprive the bartender in a shop, then calm him.
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist

i just think the patch number is hilarious

likely because of all the promises made for 14.8 we will have 14.7.801 alpha next.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Someone get on there and tell me if Inner Sanctum is a pvp dungeon. PLEASE GOD NO. I'd like some content I can enjoy without being ganked, please.

if it says high level

then it will be something comparable to tara anyway and you likely cant swing a dead rollerat without hitting 2 teams camping whatever drops there.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

I was hoping it would be more comparible to smugglers. Lots and lots and lots of mobs to kill that drop things (smugglers for decrainums, mantis's for mantis armor parts, mantis breeders for blade, queen for eggs/blade, ancient clawfinger for his loot, etc etc), rather than just 1 mob that drops anything worthwhile.

It did get cranked out pretty fast, I hope its not just another slapped together place like WTF. I hope not, it might be good, here's hoping!

They look like good patch notes, seeing as how the clanners get nerfed, which is always nice.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Originally posted by Warsprite
    Prices for wrangles shouldn't be any higher...just deprive the bartender in a shop, then calm him.
    LOL. When I read this an image just crossed my mind.

Trader and wrangle target walks into the bar. The slanter up to the bartender and the bartender says "Welcome to...., how may I be of service?"

Trader says "Well... we are here to weaken you so my buddie here can get into his new equipment. But dont worry. it wont hurt for long"
    General Thoram of the Twin Sun Syndicate

Originally posted by celestiness
    still no MA fix i see. blah.
    what are you complaining about? Still no engie fix, either

And for the recor, I THINK we need it a bit more

Unhappy Parry?

Still no plans to fix parry? Everyone can see it's broken, mobs carrying big weapons parry like 1/3 of all melee/ma attacks. And arrows, of course, as they use physical initiative.

I can't understand it's so hard to fix... it's just the standard FC blunder, isn't it: All mobs get one or two values multiplied with like 50. Back in autumn 2001, it was AC. Then, in the spring, it was boss/Tara hitpoints. Now it's Parry and Nano Resist. That explains why it's become so hard to land calms.

The main problem with this, is that FC never admits it. Players have to shout it over and over again, in-game, on test, on forums, for months, until FC finally claims 'they' have discovered a bug. Then they fix it, and break something else.

OK, a bit harsh... but it's becoming very frustrating.

Re: Parry?

Originally posted by Thadlerian
    Still no plans to fix parry? Everyone can see it's broken, mobs carrying big weapons parry like 1/3 of all melee/ma attacks. And arrows, of course, as they use physical initiative.

I can't understand it's so hard to fix... it's just the standard FC blunder, isn't it: All mobs get one or two values multiplied with like 50. Back in autumn 2001, it was AC. Then, in the spring, it was boss/Tara hitpoints. Now it's Parry and Nano Resist. That explains why it's become so hard to land calms.

The main problem with this, is that FC never admits it. Players have to shout it over and over again, in-game, on test, on forums, for months, until FC finally claims 'they' have discovered a bug. Then they fix it, and break something else.

OK, a bit harsh... but it's becoming very frustrating.
    All mobs aren't the same, especially boss mobs. There might be different templates for every mob type that need adjusting. Boss mobs have their attributes further adjusted via items they're carrying. It might not be a matter of 'difficult' work. Just 'a lot' of work.

And I'm resonably certain I saw someone from Funcom post that there was a bug with mobs parrying when they shouldn't. I'll see if I can dig up the post I don't think it was from Cz).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast