Thread: Cz... please include Enf weapons >QL135 next patch

Arrow Cz... please include Enf weapons >QL135 next patch

Dear Cz,

I have been playing an enforcer now for a couple of months and have found our melee chap in SAV. The problem is that his weapons STOP at QL135 and I'm soon going to outgrow them. Currently I'm level 73. This means that a 2HE enforcer like myself is FORCED to change back to 2HB until I reach the heady heights of level 161 when I can get the QB on. Now I'm not moaning too much but it would be nice to have weapons right up to QL200. Of course I wouldnt want anything that challenges the QB's rule but it would be nice to have something else to play with while I wait.

Thanks in advance

Mongoslam

Use a True Katana, its like a Hammer and will do you fine till you get a QB
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

Thought about that ..... BUT ...

Its far too slow. Not going back to hammer days.

I would like my Meibutsu Katana of Celerity in a QL >135. That would make me happy. All the other weapons that Tyuanoshi Smith makes should also be made in QL>135.

Mongoslam

Far too slow? What do you expect with the QB? True Katana is a fine wep. Are you expecting to use the QB fast? Only when you get your inits up to the absurdly high range that it can be done, and then what are you going to do when they cap the speed on the QB?

Jagdtyger
    Vampiira

With the init fix, the True Kat has a decent speed, even at lower levels.

Get a decent FoB and make sure you keep Rage going, and you'll be owning deep reds in no time.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Playing with a True Katana would be good training for when you get the QB, its also a good idea to not spend your IPR, 15 seems like a lot but once they're gone that's it.

Also, bump for the >135 weapons. Don't get your hopes up though. FC has a long track record of leaving things unfinished.
    Isisnorfret RK1 - Main

Yeah really need those QL 200 weapons too be availiable..
    At least fix that when you dont fix the MA proff.. i have made a lvl 147 enf while waiting for the MA fix.. so at least fix this very eassy thing
    Picture of me in real life
    -Honing är gott-

everyone focuses on the QB far too much
    come off it
    there are other enfs around too!
    get the q200 weps out there so the rest of us have some choices that don't harshly suck
    get some new melee energy/piercing out there too!
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

The original Goddess of Stabbitty Death

I agree. QB/EQB is pretty much the only viable weapon option for enfs at the high game... well "viable" is maybe the wrong term, because the other weaps are good too, but an enf w/o one is considered almost a gimp compared to other members of his prof.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Thanks for the input guys ....

It's appreciated. This isn't a discussion on the QB/EQB, but a discussion on the 'NEW' ENF weapons (mostly sold by Tyuonoshi Smith).

I like faster hitting weapons and these High Meibutsu Katana of Celerity is just fine. I don't need to hit with insane amounts that the QB's do just a decent sustainable FAST(ish) speed.

I used to wield a hammer but was very dissapointed with the low hits I was getting occassionally. Sure they happen but it kinda knocks the heart out of you when you wait SEVEN seconds for 4 damage So I have changed to 2HE (mostly the celerity katanas) for my damage dealing and I'm generally satisifed with them.

I'm not asking for the moon .... just a continuation of these new weapons up to QL200 .... I don't even mind having to get them in mission rewards... or camping Tyuonoshi Smith until I get a QL200 !!!!!

MONGOSLAM (76 Enf Rimor)

You have QB. Be satisfied with it.

Many enfs before you managed fine with beams so stick with that until you get the QB.
    Im an agent personally so I may be slightly misinformed about these things but the QB is just totally uber. So just be patient till you can use one.

Agents have an x-3 from lvl 50-200 so think of us from time to time =) we have no choice.

.....and of course that is what we need in this game isn't it?
    Every single Enforcer running around with exactly the same weapon.
    Of course every single Enforcer will also be forced to camp the same MOB just so that they can get the same weapon as everyone else.

"Wait until you can get a QB" is not valid, we need diversity and those that haven't got the time or contacts to go get a QB need some half decent weapons that are not blunt.
    Bumpping for this "fix" in the next patch.
    Last edited by RedSonja; Jan 13th, 2003 at 15:23:43.

Originally posted by Deezlar
    You have QB. Be satisfied with it.

Many enfs before you managed fine with beams so stick with that until you get the QB.
    Well I for one definately am not satisfied with it. I chose opifex for the looks and same goes for 1he. You're saying "playing your character, there is only one way to go and if you want to choose another way, choose another game". No way, and Beam for me is just as viable as for all the nanomage enforcers. Or.. are you saying that you shouldn't be able to play enforcers with any other breed?

The new melee shop has been some progress and just wonderful, almost too good (thank you kindly, FC) as it has allowed an extremely access to very good, if not the best, 1he weapons - even without having high level friends or alts. Mr. Smith has quickly become my very best friend.

However, as I'm slowly making my way towards the point where ql135 is no longer enough, I think I'm looking at about 10-20 (or more) levels of using the same ql135 melee shop 1he weapons because in the game, there just aren't any that would be better.

However, I wouldn't like to see +ql135 weapons in the same shop, it'd be just boring. What I'd like is to be able to get new and competitive weapons from chests, monster and boss loot. Most professions can expect to get a nice weapon from the boss loot every now and then - I never, which has gotten a bit boring. It would be nice to have something to wish for when the big boss goes down. Now all the X-3s and Div9s just annoy me because they have a tag saying "sorry, this could be a nice sword for you, but there are none in the game but you can give this to your soldier friend".

Axes. Chainsaws. Bloodied meat-cleavers. Machetes. Electroblades. Fist blades. Chain blades which come in singles and take the two slots. Heck, this is 300th century, monoblades were a passing fad already in the 22th, I'll break into a museum to get one. New skins, old weapons upgraded to the level where shotguns and rifles seem to be. New weapons with choices you can make without spending four levels worth of IPs into Heavy Weapons or Energy Weapons just to gain nothing much.

At the moment I personally am not in a hurry, but as it is it seems that I'll be forced to do some IP resetting to change for QB when the time comes. Also, I don't feel, as far as the mechanics go, that I've so far been getting good worth for the IPs I've spent for maxing out Multi-Melee, but I'd hate to change style just because the weapons don't support it.

In the end.. Where would we be without style?
    They killed my .sig again.

It would be nice to see these above ql135. Still, that said, even the 135's are damn nice.

Assuming 800 1he, 500 HW, 420 FA, 750 Brawl, 600 Init and target having 4000AC - over 60s:

SSC Byom Blade QL200 : ~15000 damage

Swift Meibutsu Daito of the Heart and Fist QL135 : ~12500 damage

However, the Daito will have an attack rating 100 higher than the Byom - so it will miss less (and be parried less), though with a crit buff, the Byom's higher crit will boost it further. Still, its pretty comparable with the Byom (though the Byom will also get better as init improves) and certainly better than a QL200 Rider Executioner.

But lets see some higher stuff drop, even if its boss only. I would like to see what 2 QL200 Daito's do...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Unless my eyes are lying to me, our prayers have not gone unnoticed, after all:

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=search...e=1&patch=1480

We'll have some pretty crowded dungeons for the next few weeks, I tell you
    They killed my .sig again.

Yes, some of these weapons do look quite viable... thought the fast attack reqs on some are very high...
    Last edited by Darkbane; Jan 13th, 2003 at 19:09:41.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper