Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion to up omni population

Originally posted by Teufeldieb
    Here is an evil plot. You see Clan owns Tara on RK2. And what has this gotten the Clanners. Fighting each other and moaning to each other about Tara. Let Clan own all the Land. What will that get them. More of the same thing that is going on with Tara.

If you look at it in the RP since.... isn't Clan the ones trying to keep Omni from stripping the land of its resources... But who is it stripping the resources now? Clan!

Arma I am not going to give you the joy of tearing down our base to raise yours. You want it bad enough then you will have to spam plant your tower. But you got it back anyways. And I will be there to pop the shields on it whenever I can when it is 25%. I will be there with a gaggle of players to interrupt the everyday life your character goes thru and the characters of your guildmates go thru. After a month of this come back and tell me what fun it is to babysit your site for 5hours a day. Tell me what morale impact it has on your guild mates. Oh and do me a favor only bring players that are in PvP range of your towers, cause this is all that I will be coming with. And this time dont run from the fight, stay cause I don't want you taking the fun out of it for me.

Yes this is me holding a grudge. I am returning the favor that you did to my guild mates. And yes when I see a clan tower in 25% I think I just might pop the shields on it everytime as I pass by. Who knows I might actually have an attack force with me to knock down some towers while I am there. So stop what you are doing and come check when you get the message. Wouldn't want you to loose any towers. There will be some fun times for me to have at your expense. Payback is a ***** isn't it.

Bring your numbers with you. Wipe us out quick and babysit for the remaining time of gas. We might just be waiting at the closest grid point or we might just put our characters there and walk away from the computer for the remaining gas time.
    Now you see, he's almost got it. With a couple sedatives to crank down the anger, I think he'll actually "get it".

Clans own more land than Omni does on RK2. That's not always an advantage. Strikes at people's territory, without the intention of actually claiming and holding the land, force the clan to the defensive. You begin a war of attrition. Constantly having to respond to what may be a false flag. Constantly having to rebuild what does get eliminated. Spreading yourself thin because of multiple strikes against multiple targets.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Keep the agreements/disagreements coming guys. I would really like to see what I want implemented soon. But please keep the other spam down to a minimum if you could.

CZ PLEASE ROOT THIS!
    Yagyu Keyboard

Shiftyr
    Keep your friends close...and your enemies rooted.

Yes, I have GA4. No, I do not use it.

kthxdie

Arma I am not going to give you the joy of tearing down our base to raise yours. You want it bad enough then you will have to spam plant your tower. But you got it back anyways. And I will be there to pop the shields on it whenever I can when it is 25%. I will be there with a gaggle of players to interrupt the everyday life your character goes thru and the characters of your guildmates go thru. After a month of this come back and tell me what fun it is to babysit your site for 5hours a day. Tell me what morale impact it has on your guild mates. Oh and do me a favor only bring players that are in PvP range of your towers, cause this is all that I will be coming with. And this time dont run from the fight, stay cause I don't want you taking the fun out of it for me.
    I like this Idea, but it would be more entertaining to do it as clan.. Gotta love 5% gas . /me wonders who is fighting over tara loot this week and are they recruting

~aqua
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

My thoughts about NW, Rubi-Ka and Omni Vs Clan

Ive been reading trough a lot of posts here, and I see a lot of things that make me certain AO and NW is heading down the hill fast, at least for the Omni Side

Oh, and btw, this post is OOC, or at least I'll try to keep it that way.

I play a Omni on RK1, and I will stay that way, at least untill Shadowlands comes around and pushes "the evil" image on me.

Ive been playing this game for quite some time now, and I must say that the image FunCom has of Omni-Tek as "The evil Ones" are so far away from the picture that I have gotten of the two main sides of the conflict.

I started this game as a Clanner, but Rerolled a Omni Char because of several things.
    First, I had some RL friends that played omni, and that was most likely the biggest reason I rerolled, but I also got fed up by the way the clanners behaved.
    It was all about "winning" the game, Fast, and to be "Uber" at all cost.

My clan engie grew to around level 60 or so before I Started my omni Toon, and from day 1 in omni land I was suprised of how helpfull, and nice the folks I met was.

sure, most of it could be pure luck, but my impression of omni/clan hasnt changed a bit..

It has if anything grown stronger, because some friends I hade on the omni side switched sides during the amnesty, and I must say, some of them has gotten really annoying, and seems to become more and more "brainwashed" by the clans, I used to have long talks with one of them, but now he just replies "stinkin omni scum" or something like that when I say Hi....

But over to the reason I posted on this thread:

Originally posted by Whitesand
    Well first omni has nothing. We don't have a special uber mob in our city. Neither a dungeon in omni land, but well on the other side I don't want a omni dragon. It don't fit into the concept. But we all know that most peoples join clan for one reason: the better stuff.
    True, all those who want to win this game wants the uber stuff, so they gather on the side that has the best stuff.
    Its just so more visible on Rimor, because it has less players.

The ONLY advantage Omni has atm is cheaper stuff and they can sell loot for more creds.
    but, at higher levels, who cares about money???
    and I've seen lots of clanners in Trade, selling loot, buying stuff and so on, so they have no real disadvantage there..

Originally posted by Whitesand
    I mean hey Omni-Tek is the one who has scientists and is the faction who has money etc. Clans are rebels. But which faction has the better and nicer looking stuff? Clan.
    Again, Sad but True..

ah, there is to many good posts on this tread to quote them all...
    but I just have to say before I post this that I dont like the way this game is going, and I do belive that what is happening on RK2 will happen on RK1 soon.

with the new dungeons smack in the middle of Clan controlled land, we will have more clanners leveling fast and getting the good stuff at low levels, and even more pepole switching from omni to clan because of it.

and the real Omni Killer for me and many others I guess, are the image that FC paints of Omni as the "Evil" ones, when that picture dont fit whats happening on Rubi-Ka
    (All clanners that ARE nice, and there is a lot of them, I apologize, but my point stands)

just my 2 cents or creds or whatever...
    RETIRED:Cassondra "Hotsy" Magistrale, Proud General of OPEC
    And a gazillion other chars

Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch
    Bureaucrats, Broken as intended
    Chilled:The crat community.. bitter but entirely supportive, kind of like coffee.
    P.S. i didn't proof read this, or check for spelling, I wouldn't want to Nerf my post by actually Fixing the problems.

This post is fucntioning "As Intended" that means i don't have to fix any problems with it. (Snipped from pooncrat).

PLEASE STICKY/ROOT THIS THREAD CZ EVERYONE NEEDS TO SEE THIS!

Please bump for root everyone
    Yagyu Keyboard

Shiftyr

kthxdie

So basically omni are asking to cheat, to win this game, which as far as I knew, was 100% about a civil war?

I mean, if someone else plays harder, is more uber, and is more dedicated to the cause, then hell they deserve to win.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

I'm not asking for a cheat I don't think... am I?
    Yagyu Keyboard

Shiftyr

kthxdie

Originally posted by Kinkstaah
    I mean, if someone else plays harder, is more uber, and is more dedicated to the cause, then hell they deserve to win.
    Only thing I've seen Omni ask for, for the most part are fair fights. We aren't asking to win all the time. But we would like the exploits (such as teaming low people with high level people so that the low people can't be attacked by those in their attack range) to stop. I don't mind losing in a fair fight. I do mind losing to a cheater.

And an Omni didn't start this thread. A clanner started all this discussion.
    Isadara level 214 NT AL 12 (Gear and Perks)-- Rimor
    Valdene level 197 Fixer (Gear and Perks) -- Rimor

General of Project Eden

I want to say something, because I'm pretty disgusted at reading all you whinners about omni leaving to clan for loot or for an easier life.

Let me tell you something, yes, I left omni, and I will post my reasons why:

1) The majority of the omni population mind set is "it's not mine, why should I care"

2) There is almost NO comradery in omni, "it's all about me" is the previlant attitude.

3) The last point was very much driven home to me by a Omni Tek organization.

4) I play this game to enjoy myself and have a good time, not to get frusterated because of the above mentioned things.

Since I have gone Clan, I have been more active in the world in general. Yes, as I've mentioned before, I have been to a tara run, a few as a matter of fact. I also won some dragon loot. But who really cares? I ended up trading the dragon boots for NS1 which I then gave to a org member. So what exactly did I gain out of that? A new experiance is what I gained and that was the enjoyable part for me. I've been a major voice to try to get omni involved it in, even give them T3. I am out there, doing my part, pouring just as much virtual sweat and blood into everything I do as I did when I was omni, but you're screwed up attitudes (omni) is what made me not wish to be a part of you. I know many former omni that feel the exact same way I do.

You want to be all high and mighty saying people go clan for the loot. Bull****. You want to point a finger, point it at yourselves for the higher then thou attitudes most of you posses.

-Vertego

There's someone who misunderstands what 'winning' in these games is all about. 'Winning' means you spent your thirteen dollars and got some entertainment out of the deal. You had a good time, you 'won'. You don't 'deserve' anything more for your thirteen bucks than anyone else. I don't give a crap how little you sleep.

Seeing all red or blue or grey on the map would be fine if FunCom would wise up and wipe out all towers every 4 weeks.

'Winning' as espoused by the poster is better left to other competition forms. When two people play a good chess match and one guy wins, they have in reality both 'won'. They reset the pieces and prepare to enjoy themselves again.

The whole concept of Notum Wars is a joke unless they have something tricky up their sleeves next patch.

Only thing I've seen Omni ask for, for the most part are fair fights. We aren't asking to win all the time. But we would like the exploits (such as teaming low people with high level people so that the low people can't be attacked by those in their attack range) to stop. I don't mind losing in a fair fight. I do mind losing to a cheater.
    Yes, how much fun is it to show up at your tower complex 2 minutes after receiving the warning your shields have been disabled and find 20 towers missing and slayerdroids running all over the place?

----

FunCom had better wise up and take some classes in good game design. They screwed up royally by implementing the Landslide effect in that those with the most get stronger and therefor get more and hence get stronger and are able to achieve more and subsequently get stronger to the point where it isn't a game anymore, but rather a chore.

Until such time as they implement a set of checks and balances so that the envelope can bend but not break and make it increasingly difficult to expand without increasingly significant effort, this game as far as Notum Wars will be a total joke on both servers. I can envision the time when one side will have a 20% experience bonus and every org on that side will have 5 uncontested towers.

Yeah, one side will have 'won' I suppose through their self-perceived 'better skills'. But the game will have sadly lost.

Originally posted by Kinkstaah
    So basically omni are asking to cheat, to win this game, which as far as I knew, was 100% about a civil war?

I'm not asking for anything. So what if a clanner kills me today? I can suffer a few visits to reclaim. I can, however, put that clanner in a perpetual state of paranoia if he owns a base.

But what does have to be considered is Funcom's own plans for both the game and the storyline. If the scales tip too far in either side's favor before they plan on it, they're going to step in and tip those scales back. There's no profit in them if the war is resolved 2 years early.

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

There's no profit in them if the war is resolved 2 years early.
    There's even less profit if players start leaving in droves because the game isn't fun to play anymore. That has already started to happen. I seriously hope they are scared.

This isn't Team Fortress Classic where one team wins and you fire it up again and go at it all over again. This is a game where people pay money to be entertained. Non-stop losing or never standing a chance is not entertainment unless you have a sadistic mental disorder.

Furthermore, most people don't mind losing to a game. What will drive people away from the game is losing to other people. FunCom has introduced PvP on a factional scale and is involving people who don't desire that level or form of competion. It's human nature coming into play with respect to those people who are moving over to the Clan side on both servers. You don't have to engage in PvP anymore if you are Clan. You got 30-50 people who are doing it for you. You can then go back to enjoying yourself and trying to beat the 'game'.

In many ways, if FunCom doesn't wise up, Notum Wars will be the cancer that kills AO.

Originally posted by Bionitrous

There's even less profit if players start leaving in droves because the game isn't fun to play anymore. That has already started to happen. I seriously hope they are scared.

This isn't Team Fortress Classic where one team wins and you fire it up again and go at it all over again. This is a game where people pay money to be entertained. Non-stop losing or never standing a chance is not entertainment unless you have a sadistic mental disorder.

Furthermore, most people don't mind losing to a game. What will drive people away from the game is losing to other people. FunCom has introduced PvP on a factional scale and is involving people who don't desire that level or form of competion. It's human nature coming into play with respect to those people who are moving over to the Clan side on both servers. You don't have to engage in PvP anymore if you are Clan. You got 30-50 people who are doing it for you. You can then go back to enjoying yourself and trying to beat the 'game'.

In many ways, if FunCom doesn't wise up, Notum Wars will be the cancer that kills AO.
    *sigh* How to respond? I don't belive you are correct.

The sides are unbalanced, yes. Because of their advantage people playing clan have grown a tad cocky? Yes. Is it irreversible? No. Is it a "cancer" that will kill AO? No.

From your posts, it'd almost seem you want them to pull the Notum Wars off the servers. "We can't win We're getting beat down, I'm not having fun and there's nothing you can do to fix it!". With that attitude, I can see why you're getting whipped.

The factions were going to become unbalanced at one point in AO's lifetime. That was inevitable.Funcom can tip the scales whichever way they please. They can conceivably make it profitable to play Neutral. All it'd take is very unfriendly ICC guards in Tir, Athens, Rome, and Omni 1. The can release mobs that have an affinity for towers, especially those marked as Clan. They can pick up a couple Hellspinners and Nophex Destroyers and take back whatever they want.

What Funcom can't do, and I think they shouldn't do, is provide you with the spirit necessary to fight back yourself. So what if they control Tarasque? Dragon loot will not make or break anyone. And if your biggest concern is that you can't get any loot from Tarasque, then what do you care which way the storyline evolves? Go clan, get your loot and be done with it. I'm staying Omni. And no uber spawn can force me to go clan.

So what if they're destroying our towers? Pull the frontline back to safer territory and start making them defend the territory they've taken. Trade space for time to regroup. But give up? Because a couple of spazzes moon my corpse before I hit the reclaim? ROFL, you must be joking.

Originally posted by Vertego

You want to be all high and mighty saying people go clan for the loot. Bull****. You want to point a finger, point it at yourselves for the higher then thou attitudes most of you posses.

-Vertego
    Higher then thou attitude? Who was it that helped you get your Vest? I have been the majority shareholder in two GA purchases or GA that I never saw. Bought GA1 to give it away. Backyards helping newbies ( not twink alts ) with HoT's and helpin them by buying thier first set of implants and buffing them into them and picking out a weapon that is better than the newbie solar's.

Took many lil Fixers on Gamma runs ( didnt pay to attention to alignments here if it said fixer they got my help ), TIM scopes, Tri-Plumbo Rings. Used to camp outside TIR and spawn camp Ownz the leet to pass out the Thin Blood Capsules to newbies in the backyard.

And whenever I needed some help ( besides with fixer things cause fixers take care of thier own ) Omni ppl where always more than willing. Clan always wanted to charge for a buff. I remember going into Tir looking for RC and the only soldier there was clan charged me 500k for a friggin buff. I remember when team fixer grid data receptacles could be put in the bank. I stood at the bank in Tir with a full team of clanners all of them had thier banks open and I was steady pumping out data receptacles for them.

So don't get on a trip and say Clan are more friendly than Omni. Because you just basically said "I am to good to be Omni I will leave to go Clan with the winning side so I can enjoy the game more and not have to worry about a challenge!" You have the same mentality of every other turncoat.... I am not liking this side becuase I dont get to experience the game like the ppl on the other side do. Maybe if it wasnt for ppl like you Omni would have enought players to be able to hold ground.
    We are not racist, religious, violent, elitist or criminal. We are the sworn enemy of injustice and those who warp laws into justification for the corrupt. We are the freaks in your school, office, or church. We are the ones who do not sit idly by, or turn a blind eye to injustice in any form. We are vigilantes, hackers, freejackers, spies, and friends. We are sick of the current corpora-political trend and seek to ensure that infringements on freedom do not go unnoticed. We are Fixers!

Freshman Pete "Teufeldieb" Freiman - Retired Due to Lack of Content for Fixers in SL

Samuel "Pokett" Adams - Self Healing Tank

Playing Omni is like AO on the 'Hard' setting.

I have a simple solution to all of this. Come to RK1. The end.

I have a simple solution too. Stay on your own server. I want no part of it.

If I was willing to go to RK-1, don't you think I'd be willing to go clan too? Either way it's giving up, and at least one way I get to keep 150 levels on my main.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Its Sad when Clan

Reactivate "old schooler" ql 200 Omni players and turn them Clan....

I have sent tells to several ex-Omni ql 200 that had stopped playing the game asking them what made them go Clan just to find out it is not the same person that it was before playing them.....

Guess that is one way for Clanners to up thier population and decrease the Omni population.....

I would like FC to look into this further....

If the Clan side would stop accepting ex- omni into their community with open arms just because they have the levels would help.

I for one will remain Omni and not accept or help level any Clanner nor will I fight by thier side in Tower Raids, that would take your suggestion to become Omni....

For the Omni that has joined Clan stay there because you have now been labeled as a fence jumper.....

Stay Clan... I will die at your Hands to protect my guilds base but who cares its only a game , rt?

/me hugs** Omni and of course Trystar
    "Some people come into our lives and quickly go, others leave footprints on our hearts."

" Just because someone doesn't love you the way you think they should doesn't mean they don't love you"

Higher then thou attitude? Who was it that helped you get your Vest? I have been the majority shareholder in two GA purchases or GA that I never saw. Bought GA1 to give it away. Backyards helping newbies ( not twink alts ) with HoT's and helpin them by buying thier first set of implants and buffing them into them and picking out a weapon that is better than the newbie solar's.

Took many lil Fixers on Gamma runs ( didnt pay to attention to alignments here if it said fixer they got my help ), TIM scopes, Tri-Plumbo Rings. Used to camp outside TIR and spawn camp Ownz the leet to pass out the Thin Blood Capsules to newbies in the backyard.

And whenever I needed some help ( besides with fixer things cause fixers take care of thier own ) Omni ppl where always more than willing. Clan always wanted to charge for a buff. I remember going into Tir looking for RC and the only soldier there was clan charged me 500k for a friggin buff. I remember when team fixer grid data receptacles could be put in the bank. I stood at the bank in Tir with a full team of clanners all of them had thier banks open and I was steady pumping out data receptacles for them.

So don't get on a trip and say Clan are more friendly than Omni. Because you just basically said "I am to good to be Omni I will leave to go Clan with the winning side so I can enjoy the game more and not have to worry about a challenge!" You have the same mentality of every other turncoat.... I am not liking this side becuase I dont get to experience the game like the ppl on the other side do. Maybe if it wasnt for ppl like you Omni would have enought players to be able to hold ground.

You are one of the very few people that would help people Teuf, the majority of omni doesn't. Hell, I can recall several tower battles where I would ask another defender for a buff, and was blaintantly ignored. I can recount several times when I asked for help with something, the only people I could turn to where my friends when they where around. So don't give me this crap about omni helping each other because it's a dream. There is maybe 5% of the omni population that doesn't have thier heads burried so far up thier rears that they actually lend a helping hand to anyone in need. And for the most part, if you're below lvl 150 in omni, you're no better then street trash. But hey, you're going to believe what you want, as will anyone else that knows someone that went clan. So be it. But you are a blind fool if you think omni helps each other out. As I said before, the previlant attitude in omni is "what's in it for me". If you don't see a problem with that, then hey, you must not care all that much. But I don't spend hours developing my character and a monthly fee to have to put up with that kind of attitude when I give it 100% and watch the majority of omni that couldn't care less. Call me a turncoat, I don't care, I think you're a fool if you think everything is rosy in omni land and that people come over because it's easier. People come over for the reasons I've already stated, and day by day more come over for the same reasons.

-Vertego

Originally posted by Vertego

You are one of the very few people that would help people Teuf, the majority of omni doesn't. Hell, I can recall several tower battles where I would ask another defender for a buff, and was blaintantly ignored. I can recount several times when I asked for help with something, the only people I could turn to where my friends when they where around. So don't give me this crap about omni helping each other because it's a dream. There is maybe 5% of the omni population that doesn't have thier heads burried so far up thier rears that they actually lend a helping hand to anyone in need. And for the most part, if you're below lvl 150 in omni, you're no better then street trash. But hey, you're going to believe what you want, as will anyone else that knows someone that went clan. So be it. But you are a blind fool if you think omni helps each other out. As I said before, the previlant attitude in omni is "what's in it for me". If you don't see a problem with that, then hey, you must not care all that much. But I don't spend hours developing my character and a monthly fee to have to put up with that kind of attitude when I give it 100% and watch the majority of omni that couldn't care less. Call me a turncoat, I don't care, I think you're a fool if you think everything is rosy in omni land and that people come over because it's easier. People come over for the reasons I've already stated, and day by day more come over for the same reasons.

-Vertego
    Sad that you think this is accurate. I've had very few bad experiences in my time as Omni.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast