Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion to up omni population

For those wondering, this is the breakdown of the level 150+ (including 150) player breakdown. This is from Ymera and (I assume) is up to date. I didn't take away people who didn't play, so that might have something to do with it, but, anyway, made a program that counted up the clan / omni from the ymera pages.

So, anyway.

Total 150+ players:

Clan: 707
    Omni: 521

edit --- omni numbers had included neutrals, fixed it (was originally 533 omni / neutrals combined)
    ~Chris
    Last edited by Megabio; Jan 11th, 2003 at 08:15:40.

There are several solutions to this:

1) Fc stop making it game technically advantageous to play clan.

2) The multi planetary cooperation OT to finally screw ICC, and bring in some heavy orbital battlestations and give OT some serious air to ground support, vaporizing the hordes of locust swarming our mining planet
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Hmm, always thought it was way to painless to switch sides.

Do the Pads disappear? Nope and I think they still work.

Does the Token board disappear? Nope and I think they still work.

Regardless of the current balance situation, I think a more insightful longer term solution is needed. It should be easy to switch ONCE but painful in that you should lose any and all Side advantages and prolly lose a certain percentage of levels, permanent IP loss, post a 1 mil credit x level bond etc. Switching again comes at double the cost and so on. And the level of the character should matter. Low costs for low level ppl (read newbies) and extreme costs for higher level (for the greater betrayal of course!)

I mean really, suppose that FC makes changes in the future that make loot or something better from the Omni side. The lamers who switch for those reasons will do so again and then we have the argument from the clan side. FIX this first then work on balancing!

So when is the first Rimor Clan guild with the name Omni-Tek in it going to be founded?
    Autocratt Atrox Bureaucrat 200
    Current PvP Armor Setup
    Seraphfirst Nanomage MP 175 Current Fire Reflect Armor Setup (67%)

Suggestions for Revising the Bureaucrat Profession
    1) Charming our own Droids
    2) A fear, and area snare as good as the enforcer's and fixer's
    3) New super short mez nanos and mez nano init changes for PvP
    4) The nuke changes
    5) Highly increased range on speech nanos

I dont think FC can do anything

Suggest?
    Nothing... i think we (both side) are just unlucky in RK2. We (omnis) will just falling ppl.

How FC will give somehow better thing for Omni? will do only RK2? if FC did, it's unfair for clanners.

I wrote little articler "Possible Omni will die soon".
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=89354
    Last edited by Schnano; Jan 11th, 2003 at 10:47:18.

So your saying in the future, if a clan tower is about to fall, and we terminate it so a friendly guild takes our land then gives it us back 2hours later, thats fair? pff Bull****, you'd be pissed off at the time you spent killing the base, and fyi, just weird that the same gm you mention said he was going to talk to the exploit person when they got online last night, wonder what he had to say.
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

The omni corp is going about this all wrong! You should kidnap all those lame side jumpers who went clan in the last 6 months and turn em back omni! Deprogram them (we've obviously brainwashed em ), give em back their old omni token boards, and keep em under lock and key (:make it so they can't switch back to clans ).

I know you probably don't want the lame pathetic irresolute cheap side jumpers back... but that's where all our numbers came from.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

No, Sbje, what I'm saying is that we learned that tactic from the clans. If you haven't noticed, things aren't very peachy on the Omni (Rimor) side atm. We are only using the same tactics the clans used against us earlier to maintain their base advantage.

And, yes, I was pissed at first. Like I said, I've petitioned to have it changed and I've sent in emails to every address they have told me. No response...no changes.

What do you want us to do? Be honorable? We tried that in the beginning...only it seems some clan members thought it was kool to do the 20 min wait and grab. Then, of course, they would make sure we were more unhappy by sending pointed shouts.

Also, the last time I heard about someone bringing up "Honor"...he got his teeth kicked in and was told to go play the carebear server. "Honor" goes both ways...and kicking someone when they are down is not honorable as well. That is, if we are playing with "Honor."

Yes, Sbje, I know how it feels. If you want to start fixing things, don't look at Omni first...you need to talk to your clan friends as well.

Oh, and I'm sure you sent in petitions when clan did this? How about even worse when they found the bug to plant the controllers 2s after omni destroyed a base? I didn't see any petitions or posts from you then asking for it to be fixed.

Lets be fair at least a little bit. I've submitted to FC to have these rules changed. Omni is doing what it can to stay alive. If you can't appreciate that, then all hope is lost.

Oh, since you are into fairness...could you please ask FC to balance Rimor. Yeah, even better, make FC change 33% of all 150+ clanners to omni permanently...randomly. That would be the honorable thing to do. Numbers are starting to float that Clans may actually have that 2:1 advantage at 150+. Hmm...maybe I'd prefer to just have Omni gain a damage multiplier equal to the side imbalance. Yeah...that sounds fair.

You take other clanners actions onto us? which clanners did that before? as AC or any of the guilds AFAIK would never do something so low, after that much time spent trying to destroy it, and think you'll find that it was a bad move all around, especially for IC.
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

Originally posted by Megabio
    For those wondering, this is the breakdown of the level 150+ (including 150) player breakdown. This is from Ymera and (I assume) is up to date. I didn't take away people who didn't play, so that might have something to do with it, but, anyway, made a program that counted up the clan / omni from the ymera pages.

So, anyway.

Total 150+ players:

Clan: 707
    Omni: 521

edit --- omni numbers had included neutrals, fixed it (was originally 533 omni / neutrals combined)
    ~Chris
    Does this mean there are only 12 neutral players over lvl 150?
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

Originally posted by Revelator

Does this mean there are only 12 neutral players over lvl 150?
    yep

~Chris

Arrow

Rks is a case study for what will happen eventually on Rk1.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Well first omni has nothing. We don't have a special uber mob in our city. Neither a dungeon in omni land, but well on the other side I don't want a omni dragon. It don't fit into the concept. But we all know that most peoples join clan for one reason: the better stuff.

And Tara is still a reason for much to join clan. But not only Tara. Well there is the kaehler sleeves. If you say they doesn't count - then you are wrong. 9 of 10 high level Soldiers are clan! Next thing the new armor. I mean hey Omni-AF Armor look like ordinary elite armor and the Sentinels Armor? Wow! Dustbrigade Chestpiece etc. another example.

I mean hey Omni-Tek is the one who has scientists and is the faction who has money etc. Clans are rebels. But which faction has the better and nicer looking stuff? Clan.

Peoples wouldn't join omni when they had the promise not losing their token boards. Fact is omni has nothing for high level peoples. Omni is only good for low lvl peoples. Omni employees should have a big science and tech. boost cause we are Omni-Tek a big and huge family - look what we have? We have starships we have huge cities and not only tents.

Hey why do peoples want to play the looser side? We all know that 10 clanners with dragon chests, gph and kaehler sleeves etc. are much better as 10 omnis. Why do u wonder?

The war is lost. Omni-Tek isn't able to give their brave employees the guns and armor that they need to be able to fight against the rebels. I don't say give us uber stuff - no that would ruin that game! But as a omni soldier I feel like fighting with stones against immortals.
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

Whitesand brings up some good points. I've thought for some time that FunCom never expected people to stay neutral for long. Heck, there wasn't even a neutral superior store at launch.

But maybe they never intended people to stay omni either. We now know that omni is the evil side - I'm sorry but that wasn't obvious to me for a very long time in this game. But the prospect of being depicted as devils in ShadowLands while clanners are depicted as angels makes it rather obvious.

Maybe we should ask FunCom if there is supposed to be a high level game for omni. And if it was intended that way from launch.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

If yall are serious about influencing the balance of the sides, then I'd say do it at the tower level. Increase the benefits given by an Omni-Tek Controller and accessories while leaving neutral and clan the same. Then let people choose from there.

In the future, release more items availible only in Omni Tek store. Or even create a Omni Corporate Store, where such items are sold.

Both suggestions would be more appropriate for the storyline and leave the choice up to the player. But physically forcing people to Omni-Tek? No, not by a long shot.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

We need OT specific Nano Proggies and Weapons. That you can't equip and switch back of course

NS mk3 OT Only ! heehee
    Last edited by Vergil; Jan 12th, 2003 at 07:03:51.
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

No mo' Omni

As a high ranking agent working for Omni-Tek, your spying skills pick-up on many conversations. Especially when you enjoying your morning coffee in the Executive lounge of the Omni-Tek Corporate Office Complex in Omni-1.

I overheard some upper management talking about Omni-Tek leaving Rubi-Ka. They said the company is just going to hand over the planet to the Clans. They also mentioned something about making this transition sometime in April, and openning up operations on another planet. I'm not sure where, but I overheard something about "a galaxy far, far away..."
    At Midnight, All the Agents...
    Veneman
    Fullnelson
    Halfnelson

Agents- lilttle slightly insane people who run around and kill you before you know what is going on... and if they dont kill you fast... well, cannon fodder (altho they are good for scouting) -eternalfiend

The Sock-Hat, it adds 1 to my tempo.

Re: No mo' Omni

Originally posted by Halfnelson
    As a high ranking agent working for Omni-Tek, your spying skills pick-up on many conversations. Especially when you enjoying your morning coffee in the Executive lounge of the Omni-Tek Corporate Office Complex in Omni-1.

I overheard some upper management talking about Omni-Tek leaving Rubi-Ka. They said the company is just going to hand over the planet to the Clans. They also mentioned something about making this transition sometime in April, and openning up operations on another planet. I'm not sure where, but I overheard something about "a galaxy far, far away..."
    Oddly enough I've been receiving reports from semi-reliable advance scouts on said planet in "a galaxy far, far away...". Their findings so far have been:
    • The native inhabitants responsible for shaping that world have a history of hostility towards immigrants
    • Possible lack of local resources for needed assistance in a timely fashion as emergency services may be shared among planetary systems.
    • Possible insufficient infrastructure in place due to the rush to meet the terraforming deadline, preparing the planet for immigrants.
    • Possible high cost for relocating and high cost of living in said new planetary system
    • The distinct possibility of personality clashes between different immigrant groups to whom the new galaxy is being pitched

But then you know you'd have to be a fool to place all your faith in something you haven't experienced for yourself, wouldn't you
    Last edited by Kuroshio; Jan 12th, 2003 at 09:28:46.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Re: Re: No mo' Omni

Originally posted by Kuroshio
    But then you know you'd have to be a fool to place all your faith in something you haven't experienced for yourself, wouldn't you
    It's good to know I'm not the only one hearing this kind of upper-level shop talk. The entire concept of having to pack up one's apartment and move to a new galaxy makes me nervous. God knows the rent on the new planet is going to be higher...it almost always is.

As far as the managerial knuckleheads you're going to have to deal with? Well, management is always the same no matter where you go.

But, on the bright side, it's always nice to travel to new places and have new experiences. Hehe...when I was vacationing on Planet Arrakis (lots of worms but lousy fishing) I had a beer with a high ranking official's son. He passed on a bit of wisdom he got from his father. He said, "Without change, something sleeps inside us. The sleeper must awaken." LOL! He then jumped up, screamed something in Fremen, and ran off into the desert. I tell you, that Sardaukar Ale will grab you by the boo-boo!
    Last edited by Halfnelson; Jan 12th, 2003 at 09:59:01.
    At Midnight, All the Agents...
    Veneman
    Fullnelson
    Halfnelson

Agents- lilttle slightly insane people who run around and kill you before you know what is going on... and if they dont kill you fast... well, cannon fodder (altho they are good for scouting) -eternalfiend

The Sock-Hat, it adds 1 to my tempo.

Originally posted by Hermy
    There are several solutions to this:

1) Fc stop making it game technically advantageous to play clan.

2) The multi planetary cooperation OT to finally screw ICC, and bring in some heavy orbital battlestations and give OT some serious air to ground support, vaporizing the hordes of locust swarming our mining planet

yes all the low level quests are all located in clan teritories, this means that if new players are to experience the content they are forced to be clan. Also another point brought up has been the dungeons, and next patch another 2 dungeons are being added in clan Zones.....

A conspiracy theory going around omni side is that funcom are trying to elimiate Omni-tek and only have one side. I can't think of any other reason for all the quests being in clan zones.
    Last edited by Zerosignal; Jan 12th, 2003 at 12:03:41.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast