Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion to up omni population

Suggestion to up omni population

Didnt know exactly what forum to put this but here goes...

OK everyone knows that on Rimor Omni are almost non-existant.
    So... I offer u CZ, the chance to increase omni population. As I one time offer let those who want to go OMNI(not clan so they can get T loot ) a chance to go omni and retain their token board. Yes, yes, I know it's CLAN BRAVERY TOKENS, but face it the omni population needs a boost
    Yagyu Keyboard

Shiftyr
    Keep your friends close...and your enemies rooted.

Yes, I have GA4. No, I do not use it.

kthxdie

Re: Suggestion to up omni population

Originally posted by Shiftyr

So... I offer u CZ, the chance to increase omni population. As I one time offer let those who want to go OMNI(not clan so they can get T loot ) a chance to go omni and retain their token board. Yes, yes, I know it's CLAN BRAVERY TOKENS, but face it the omni population needs a boost
    Bleah....Omni-Med would spend days de-lousing and disinfecting them. Think of the smell in our office buildings for God's sake
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Re: Re: Suggestion to up omni population

Originally posted by Kuroshio

Bleah....Omni-Med would spend days de-lousing and disinfecting them. Think of the smell in our office buildings for God's sake
    Yeah but who but a dirty rotten traitor would take the offer anyway? You wouldn't have to worry about the smell in your buildings Kuro, you'd have to get new buildings...
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

I would accept this offer based upon the following:

1) There's alot of guild on guild tension in clan
    2) not very many OT to keep up the war and this game is boring enough as is
    3) soon when all the OT are gone who we gonna fight? more clanners
    Yagyu Keyboard

Shiftyr
    Keep your friends close...and your enemies rooted.

Yes, I have GA4. No, I do not use it.

kthxdie

Yep Omni is shrinking in size... and in the 150+ character range its 66% clan 33% omni. 7 more lvls to go and one less Omni you clans will have to worry about.
    We are not racist, religious, violent, elitist or criminal. We are the sworn enemy of injustice and those who warp laws into justification for the corrupt. We are the freaks in your school, office, or church. We are the ones who do not sit idly by, or turn a blind eye to injustice in any form. We are vigilantes, hackers, freejackers, spies, and friends. We are sick of the current corpora-political trend and seek to ensure that infringements on freedom do not go unnoticed. We are Fixers!

Freshman Pete "Teufeldieb" Freiman - Retired Due to Lack of Content for Fixers in SL

Samuel "Pokett" Adams - Self Healing Tank

I would accept this offer based upon the following:

1) There's alot of guild on guild tension in clan
    2) not very many OT to keep up the war and this game is boring enough as is
    3) soon when all the OT are gone who we gonna fight? more clanners
    well since you clanners keep saying how omni isn't giving you a fight and your all uber why not fight each other thats what 5% gas is for, maybe that would challenge you having to take a whole tower complex down in 1 hour.

~aqua
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

And here I go, joining the clanners thinking that they were the inferior side.

(So of course my honour is torturing me into joining the Omni side. Must... seek... clan propaganda into fooling me to stay clanner...)

It's a reasonable option, Shyftr. Might be worth doing since it would be fairly easy for FunCom to implement. Personally, I'd really prefer a longer term fix. Something that could automatically kick in whenever there's a balance issue.
    posted by Teufeldieb

7 more lvls to go and one less Omni you clans will have to worry about.
    *pout*
    posted by Haiiro

Must... seek... clan propaganda into fooling me to stay clanner...
    Clans - to take and mine the land so we can better fight off the evil oppressor that was trying to get us to mine the land
    Clans - the easy way to pretend you have moral superiority
    Clans - because the desert air really cleans out your sinuses
    Clans - because winning shouldn't be a challenge
    Clans - because the evil oppressor thing is just SOOO last mellenium
    Clans - because you shouldn't have to wait until level 40 before you can make your own way to Camelot
    Clans - because humidity causes split ends
    Clans - because rollerrats in the backyard newbie zones eliminate the weak
    Clans - becuase omni armor is tight in the crotch
    3 words: Sandworm stew anyone?
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

...you know... your right! It's not my fault Omni Corp has pampered it's citizens up to the point that they don't have any fighting spirit!

And besides, I have an alt spying... I mean working for you. Stop complaning. (And who is this alt? Why the hell should I tell you?)

I like the idea, and I also think that once a side has 60% of the 100+ population it should no longer be possible to switch to that side.

I Hope Funcom does something to address the situation, but being that they can't even copy and paste code to make Treatment Labs and Nano Chargers stackable I'm not holding my breath.

We should do something as clanners to try to even it out. I'm sure I'll gain a few enemies from this comment, but hey that's the goal.

We should obliterate every Neutral Base on RK2

Hopefully the neutrals will hate us so much that they will hop down off that fence and on to the other side. It would be their only option for revenge as they are far to weak on their own.
    Thromp Uber Soldat (hehe ok uber for 80 seconds )
    Threefitty UberSquishy NanoTech

I dislike the idea personally. Nobody should be forced to a side. If you poor deluded bast...er, clanners happen to have the advantage then it just means we have to fight harder. And it means it feels a lot better when we do win.

You can't balance a faction choice. Attempting to nerf one defies logic
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

I love see more omni shot at :P Give omni more armor and advantages or something
    Last edited by Divinecross; Jan 11th, 2003 at 00:52:46.

Pfff after what they did 2nite, no sympathy.
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

Originally posted by Sbje
    Pfff after what they did 2nite, no sympathy.
    just cause you got caught ganking people and died don't get all upset, wanna cookie?

~aqua
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

Hardly?

Ad2 attacked our base, we defended it with help of other clans, then took out their base after 2-3hrs, they then self destructed the end, and Inner Circle robbed the land, because of a stupid bug, which I've already spoke 2 a GM about, then clans went ona bit of a rampage, wiping out Last Hope's base, a ql100 base in SFH, and just now Inner Circles main base..
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

I think that allowing a limited amount of clan to switch to omni and retain credit for token boards would ok. I am sure could be done probably arks could give board to them. I once had a alvin quest bug where i lost item and it was given back to me.

Dont know, really I want conflict its what game is about I thought, it is however frustrating when we have low numbers of players who want to keep up the fight. As we know on both sides FC screws us all with bugs in defense and attacking and notification.

Very effective sweep of Omni bases today clanners I have to say.

enjoy

Re: Suggestion to up omni population

Here is my response when some people suggested the same on the Rimor Wars thread about a week back:

Yeah, these are good ideas for at least trying to balance the game a bit, player-side wise, at least when the game is indeed becoming somewhat unbalanced in the numbers of players on each side. I like the vens idea best, and although I abhor Odians 'amnesty' idea, I'm forced to admit that it is also a good idea, it would really make it easier to get some powerplayers over to Omni.

I would however only support Odians idea if by taking the amnesty some other SEVERE penalties were imposed on the players that did.

Something like; it's gonna be a LONG LONG time until you switch back to Clan ever again, make it something like 60 full game days played or even harsher than that.

Something like; Don't even THINK about going to Tir or Athens ever again because you will automatically be PvP flagged, with NO lvl restrictions on ganking you.

Something like; Don't even THINK about ever zoning into any Clan designated zone, because 4 special lvl 250 Sentinels Commandos will automaticallu spawn in the four corners of the zone, and start hunting you down like a DOG! And don't think Yalming will help you either, if they get LoS they will smack you for 2k per hit wherever you are.

Something in that vein, i. e. things that don't affect you unless you actually go there, which is pretty hard anyway already, but which reflect the general attitude Clanners will take towards this.

But yeah, really good ideas...

And yes these are harsh measures, and what the ACTUAL consequences and repercussions for taking the bring-your-token-board-and-gun-to-the-other-side amnesty should be is of course open to debate. But something along these lines at least...

RP and storyline wise (and I think at least some concessions to it should be made) there must be some penalities for taking the amnesty. Certainly Silverstone and the Sentinels would go completely ballistic if something like this would happen.
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

Not sure what GM you talked to Sbje...but GM Nophex said it is legal. You see...the rules are...after 20 mins...anyone can plant except the original owner of the land.

The bug you are thinking of...is the one the clans used to take bases from Omni. You see...some Clan members found a way to plant a controller IMMEDIATELY after a controller was downed. The only one who should be able to do that would be the org that downed it. That is a bug. That was completely unintended by FC.

I have sent in emails to the exploits team and feedback asking them to allow the FACTION that downed the controller more time to plant. I have even petitioned to try to determine FC's stance on it. I have gotten no returns via email...other than that they received it. In game petitions have always come back..."that is the rules." If you are getting a different answer, I'd be interested to hear that from the ARK/GM.

These are rules we even knew about before NW was released.

Although the rules maybe be messed up...they are the rules.
    Last edited by Silars; Jan 11th, 2003 at 06:30:40.

Or how about the High lvl Clan members that trained mobs on the low lvl players defending the Project EDEN base in SFH. Yeah you know the ones that trained the Greywolfs and Mantis on the lvl 80-120 Omni players. Or what was that crats name that charmed The Follower of The One and brought it to the PE base and released it. But you say Clan plays by the rules .... show me these rules I would like to see the ones that you play by.

Yes, Omni does it too but you have never seen me or anyone in my guild train mobs. Losing a base in a "FAIR" fight I can handle and take that defeat. But when you step down and grief members of my guild that I can not. If land control makes you have to grief members of my guild I would rather give you the land so members of my guild are not griefed by your tactics to acquire said land.

I don't mind dieing to the uneven battles. I choose my side and with that choice I accept how many ppl stand with me on this side. I can not say that I have never thought of going clan because I have. Losing all the time isn't fun. But I can't stand the thought of leaving my friends and my alignment for silly loot or xp bonus from land control. For those that left Omni to go Clan for these reasons are people who want stuff given to them and not have to earn it.

Talk to anyone that has ever killed me ( and there are lots of them ) and you will find out I have always had a good attitude about PvP. 1vs1 fights if I die I die and I usually send a tell to the person that killed me and say "Good Fight!". Multiple people ripping me a new one same way. Like tonight at the CCI base ask Exid, you will never hear me say anything negative to anyone that has killed me. Sbje, Lordbedwyr, Skystryke, Xxfearxx, Jadoo, Athx ( just never said anything to him hehe ), Phione, lots of others I can't think of atm, nothing but respect for these ppl. They are good players and I personally have never had any issues with any of them.

The factions are unbalanced but that is not an excuse. I just wished that for the ppl that went clan to acquire loot or faster xp would have atleast tried, but instead they just wanted to half-ass it and go the easier route.

For all of you that have been great ppl ( Omni, Clan, and Neuts ) thanks for the fun times. Great PvP experiences and some damn good ppl to meet in a game. No I'm not leavin AO just gonna do it with a more laid back attitude on an alt and not give a damn about who has what or controls what. I'm don't need to log into a game to get frustrated I can do that at work ( Tech Support for ISP ). Just gonna do it as an alt and pretend like I don't know jack.
    We are not racist, religious, violent, elitist or criminal. We are the sworn enemy of injustice and those who warp laws into justification for the corrupt. We are the freaks in your school, office, or church. We are the ones who do not sit idly by, or turn a blind eye to injustice in any form. We are vigilantes, hackers, freejackers, spies, and friends. We are sick of the current corpora-political trend and seek to ensure that infringements on freedom do not go unnoticed. We are Fixers!

Freshman Pete "Teufeldieb" Freiman - Retired Due to Lack of Content for Fixers in SL

Samuel "Pokett" Adams - Self Healing Tank

We told them the XP thing was backwards. Should have been exactly the other way around to help keep an even keel. What's the big experience gain when your side has 80% of all land and control over all the spawns. If you ask me, the level earned by the faction with only 20% of the population ought to be quicker.

Besides the point that if one faction is destroying the other, the xp bonus to the 'losing' side would help to bring their people to respectable levels quicker.

We told them this would happen. Many times. The big don't necessarily get bigger because they're bigger. They just get bigger because they are bigger. That's a recursion that is guaranteed to end in disaster.

As it seems that the population of RK-2 is emulating lemmings, perhaps FunCom should implement the population control mechanism that nature developed for the real life lemmings. If you are part of the bloated community, you may log in one day and find yourself walking in a forced march over some bottomless pit at the bottom of which you find your character never able to leave.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast