Thread: "legendary" Ring of Power : is this a joke?

Thumbs down "legendary" Ring of Power : is this a joke?

I was doing a team mission tonight and looted a "Ring of Power - Physics" QL 19 which had a very distinguished description and a fairly decent looking result: +3 chem, rad, and (something else) damage ADDED when worn.

I put it on and it did absolutely nothing... at least from the damage logs. I petitioned a guide and since I was a guide for 6 months in EQ I know when I'm getting the run-around (ie: wait around 15 minutes while a newbie guide asks all the senior guides in guide channel): he had no clue what the item was or what it was supposed to do. His final verdict: "you are level 21 and it is QL 19 so it doesn't work". Couldn't help from laughing.

Seems +9 damage add is pretty crazy for QL 19 but considering it is "legendary" and for "omni seniors" I think it's gotta be a bug?

An addendum should go with those rings:

The damage is only added when you have a weapon that deals one of the ring's damagetypes.

E.g. if you use your fists and hit for melee damage, the +3 chemical damage of the ring in the above post wouldn't be added.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Furthermore... the damage add is one of the last things included in the damage calculation... so if your normal hit is for 10 poison damage, the ring would make it 13. If it was for 100 poison damage... it would make it 103.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.