Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ganking and PVP flags

if that is the case explain to me how you kept me rooted in tir arean and i could noot attack u?
    "death comes slowly to those who anticipate it and swiftly to the unconcerned" Richard Pyott

You want a duel?.......Go play chess
    You want honor?......Go serve your country in the military

First pistol crat to reach Chief.

Proud follower of the Mexican Hat Band Cult.

You could have attacked me when I was in the 25% to cast the root on you. Casting a nano on someone doesnt make you aggro HIM. I wasnt rooting you fromt he 75% suppression gaz, I was going into the 0% to do that.

Originally posted by Insida
    I really dont agree with you Meurgen on allowing the whole team to attack a player because he start an attack on your teamate. You want to stop ganking but you want want to gank at the same time.
    How about being PvP enabled at Jones and being attacked by an entire team? Happened to me and my team could do nothing but watch. Doesnt seem fair to me.

Originally posted by besheba
    its not my fault i can level by making an implant and dissembling it over and over agin if funcam didnt want me to do that they would fix it.
    I don't understand...how is this an exploit?
    Yagyu for life

Originally posted by Insida
    You could have attacked me when I was in the 25% to cast the root on you. Casting a nano on someone doesnt make you aggro HIM. I wasnt rooting you fromt he 75% suppression gaz, I was going into the 0% to do that.
    The root is a hostile nano. It's just not treated as one because of some brain-fart by a dev. Casting a hostile nano on a person with the intention of not initiating combat = using a flaw in game mecahnics/coding to your advantage... which, (guess what?!) is an exploit.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Actully you initiate combat.

Yeah right Insida, we were guarding our base, not guarding you stepping in.

And since no one else was doing anything but standing there, we just watching you exploit, exploit, get shot + evac, return, exploit, die, return, exploit--you get the idea.

And don't even try to say I ever exploit with LOS and my nukes, because I don't.

I'm glad that I really don't have to explain myself completely, because everyone knows your tactics. Have fun defending them because no one is buying.

Originally posted by Kaiousama

I don't understand...how is this an exploit?
    It's not - Funcom have stated that it's a valid way of leveling as long as it doesn't involve any 3d party software.

Epoz

Jeevez........: Rimor Clan Enforcer (Atrox)
    Mediceval....: Rimor Clan Doc (Solitus)
    Mozart........: Rimor Clan Trader (Solitus)

Retired:
    Helvic.........: Rimor Clan NT (Solitus).
    Epoz..........: Rimor Clan NT (Nanomage).

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm

Originally posted by Epoz
    It's not - Funcom have stated that it's a valid way of leveling as long as it doesn't involve any 3d party software.

Epoz
    And while you're at it, feel free to take the discussion into one of 15 threads in the NT forum.

Originally posted by Meurgen
    And while you're at it, feel free to take the discussion into one of 15 threads in the NT forum.
    Hehe. Sorry - just answering a question here

Jeevez........: Rimor Clan Enforcer (Atrox)
    Mediceval....: Rimor Clan Doc (Solitus)
    Mozart........: Rimor Clan Trader (Solitus)

Retired:
    Helvic.........: Rimor Clan NT (Solitus).
    Epoz..........: Rimor Clan NT (Nanomage).

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm

Re: Ganking and PVP flags

Originally posted by Piercingevil
    Ok, anyone who visits the Tir arena knows that a recently undercovered agent called Biohover is there most often. Some examples of the things he does.

1) Steps in, gets aggro, steps out. While you have him aggroed he can un-aggro you. When he does this, if you still have him under aggro, you cannot use specials or nanos on him. He will be able to use them on you, and choose whenever to "initiate the fight". By then you will be double drained (as I said he can drain as much as you want if you are still aggroing him).

2) Steps in, attempts to drain, if he gets hit -- BAM -- off to the nearest zone. He will continue to try that same target until the drain lands and he gets a good AS or makes sure there is no threat. None. Now I can even understand people ganking, but running when they are hurt. But he doesn't even wait and try to fight.

3) Some other things like grabbing a guard while mimic crat, coming back, stepping in and using the pet exploit so that the pet will attack and you can do nothing to him.

Simple solution to this.

Put the old rules back. If you are in a team, attack a teamed person, the teammates can kill you. Put the old rules back where if someone Q'd you, and stopped, if you had them under aggro you can continue to do everything as you were before.

Got about 15 screens of him running at almost full health, and some of him using the un-aggro exploit (though its hard to tell while looking at the screenshot).

Thats why I never fight at the arena, gankers & exploiters heaven...

And yes, if engaged in cmbt, whats this bull**** about not beeing able to grease the ****ers?

Cant we all be friends & kill each other in a nice way
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Just to let you know, I talked to a gm about this, and it is indeed an exploit. Go petition and see for yourself if you don't believe me.

And insida, you're excuse for using the exploit is pretty pathetic...it's the old 'it's not my fault that it's broken and I take advantage of it'. That kind of mindset doesn't get very far. That kind of excuse doesn't cut it with GMs and shouldn't cut it with anyone for that matter.

If a GM say thats its an exploit, Im happy with it. I just hope they wont do like the beacon warp problem and leave it like that. They should fix this and not allow ppl to fight in different gaz at all. Im not going to avoid different gaz when I got 10 NT chasing me. And I wont stop pressing ESC because I need to stop targetting my target if I want to use Battle kit and run away without turning around all the time.

Originally posted by Epoz
    Hehe. Sorry - just answering a question here
    I realize.

I'm gonna go try out this escape thing... I can't remember if I've ever actually hit the escape button while playing AO, so I have no idea what it does, but it sounds like prime material for my bug report thread.

I personally want the gas to go back to the way it was entirely. I don't see what the harm of two people fighting in 100% is if they start in 25/0%. I thought it was fun to bring drunken ql1 weapon brawls into fair trade and scare newbs... I thought it was fun getting into chase-fights around the upper bowels of camelot castle, I thought it was fun to get ganked, and come back with a team of 6 to kill the ganker, who in turn comes back with a team of 6 to kill us, and then it all ends in a gigantic 6 vs 6 brawl. Those were honestly some of the most entertaining times I'd ever had in the arena... and now I'm stuck fighting people without specials or use of my pets or nanos who simply zone the second they take more than 20% of their total damage, or the second you counter a nano they throw at you. It's gone from a system that was fair, relatively unexploited, and most of all *fun*, to a system that's follows no concrete rules at all (hence not fair), is constantly exploited by many many people, and is *no fun at all*.

I don't like it. :\

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123