Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cz: NCU buffs

Originally posted by Snee
    (The next time I see a busy Fixer Ill make sure to add another request to his/her cue instead of moving along as I've usually done.)
    Heh, and if its a raid/tower war, you'll get your buff.

The rest of the time, you'll still get told "Nope, NCU is for friends, guildies, raidmates, and teammates."
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Originally posted by Tium
    Suuuure, take our fixer buffs, why not.

Just as long as fixers get a crit line like you agents have, I will be happy
    If fixers had a FP line then I would be arguing for your access to agents crit line as well . But you don't.

And to some others: having taken 2 years to add ncu buffs at this late a date hasn't all of a sudden given Fixers meaning and defined them as a proffession either .

I've seen some others argue that if you give agents the ability to cast ncu buffs then there's no reason to take a fixer. Personally I consider being non squishy and dealing nice damage, and having all those buffs at their beck and call is reason enough. To think a team would pick an agent for ncu buffs over a fixer for ncu buffs is absurd.

And in the end argue it as you will, but the Agents defining ability is the ability to false proff and cast other proffs buffs WITH SEVERE PENALTYS. Each time funcom adds a buff that cannot be cast by agents is a direct nerf to the agents core ability.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Howabout just adding another ncu line of buffs for fixers that don't require you to be in a group. Maybe at half the effectiveness of the team version, with similar skill requirements.

Won't be as useful as team-ncu-leave team-repeat cycle, but better than nothing

And if I could hack nanocrystals to make them fixer-castable, the first one I'd hack would be a Humidity Extractor :P All those hots, run buffs and the like my teammates want from me burn nanopoints real quick
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul." -- to Billy Madison

The entire point of being an agent is to have access to all the nanos. There are very few exceptions where there needs to be a restriction for the sake of balance (UVC, high lvl MP pets, etc.) Just because agents can mimic trader at high levels and use drains doesn't mean that traders don't get invited into teams, and it doesn't mean traders aren't their own profession. Arguments along those lines are nothing more than a not-thought out knee jerk reaction.

The only reason to deny an agent to any nano is if it is imbalancing. Fixer NCU buffs, SMG buffs, and HoT's do not fit this bill, and should be accessible by agents for the sake of game world consistency. The fact that all new nanos have been denied to agents for no tangible reason is nothing short of an insult to anyone who has spent significant time playing an agent char.
    Isisnorfret RK1 - Main

Originally posted by Sandrix
    The entire point of being an agent is to have access to all the nanos. There are very few exceptions where there needs to be a restriction for the sake of balance (UVC, high lvl MP pets, etc.) Just because agents can mimic trader at high levels and use drains doesn't mean that traders don't get invited into teams, and it doesn't mean traders aren't their own profession. Arguments along those lines are nothing more than a not-thought out knee jerk reaction.

The only reason to deny an agent to any nano is if it is imbalancing. Fixer NCU buffs, SMG buffs, and HoT's do not fit this bill, and should be accessible by agents for the sake of game world consistency. The fact that all new nanos have been denied to agents for no tangible reason is nothing short of an insult to anyone who has spent significant time playing an agent char.
    I guess I disagree with the premise that the only reason to be an agent is to access all the nanolines. That'd be like only playing a fixer cause of GA.....hmm...scratch that, since there are dorks out there that make fixers JUST for GA, discredits the rest of the fixer population.

Anyway, I'd really dislike it if there was a class, such as an agent, that could cast the higher level hots and run buffs and ncu boosters quicker than I could due to my dark blue nano skills. That would really enforce the notion that there is NO reason to play a fixer OTHER than GA. That would be a discredit and disservice to the fixers who strive to show fixers are useful even without grid armor.

It's been posted by others and I agree, agents should possibly be allowed some of our fixer nanos, but I would say none of the ql 100+ ones. That would still provide access to some decent hots and runbuffs, and likely be the ones a fixer 20 levels higher than the minimum level are running anyway.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul." -- to Billy Madison

Originally posted by Losobal

Anyway, I'd really dislike it if there was a class, such as an agent, that could cast the higher level hots and run buffs and ncu boosters quicker than I could due to my dark blue nano skills. That would really enforce the notion that there is NO reason to play a fixer OTHER than GA. That would be a discredit and disservice to the fixers who strive to show fixers are useful even without grid armor.
    Is this really true any longer? I mean they do have a minus to nano skills when in FP don't they (not really sure on that...)? And fixers now have that hacker thingy that adds to nano skills. An agents not going to be setup implant-wise for fixer buffs. I'd guess an agents implants are setup more for trader, or mp buffs.

I guess I disagree with the premise that the only reason to be an agent is to access all the nanolines. That'd be like only playing a fixer cause of GA.....hmm...scratch that, since there are dorks out there that make fixers JUST for GA, discredits the rest of the fixer population.
    GA is a bonus item ingame for fixers. FP is the core ability for agents. Pretty big difference eh .

It's been posted by others and I agree, agents should possibly be allowed some of our fixer nanos, but I would say none of the ql 100+ ones. That would still provide access to some decent hots and runbuffs, and likely be the ones a fixer 20 levels higher than the minimum level are running anyway.
    Meaning you don't mind if an agent has access to the noob buffs early in the game when it doesn't matter. But you want the important buffs at the endgame kept out of their reach. Why not just come out and say you want their ability to FP taken away?
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

I mean they do have a minus to nano skills when in FP don't they (not really sure on that...)?
    False Profession is -25 to nano skills, -2000 to nano init. They can in some cases cast the buffs of nano poor professions before that prof can, but it takes an agent about 10 seconds to cast the fixer instant grid.

Assume Profession is the redheaded stepchild of False and Mimic, it has the worst of both worlds and is hardly used.

Mimic is -140 to all nano skills and only -750 to nano init. Mimic would be needed to make good use of most nanos, and -140 to nano skills already restricts agents from the top end nanos.

Losobal I get the impression you don't know much about the agent prof, you seem to be reacting more out of avarice.
    Isisnorfret RK1 - Main

Some of you are missing the point. If I can cast the nano before you, that just means i'm going to fold like paper when i get hit. If agents could cast the ncu and hots I dont see how that would be a nerf to the fixer profession.
    Every patch our ability to go fp for something gets smaller and smaller, which results in cookie cutter characters. That right there does not promote growth as a game. Asking for fixer hots is not asking for the world. It is part of our core ability, that funcom seems to have forgotten.
    Having a core ability of agents nerfed is all your really calling for. With no real reason. Hell in fp now all we are, is second rate buffers.

p.s. we can cast nullity I & II

edit spelling :P
    Last edited by Unreal; Jan 19th, 2003 at 10:17:51.
    Unrealshadow
    Corvair

Proud Vet of the one and only SF
    Synergy Factor

Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they hide is vital.

Originally posted by Sandrix

Losobal I get the impression you don't know much about the agent prof, you seem to be reacting more out of avarice.
    Not knowing much about agent profession is true, as I've only had a lowbie alt that I've messed around with for a few months, but the 'reacting out of avarice' is a bit harsh and rather unfounded statement

As stated, my concern is that agents in FP:fixer would have access to my nanoprograms, before I could, for the same point investment.

lol at everyone here
    ive been an agent since 12.something and if anything we HAVE been slowly gimped.. u say we have been given our love??? what was it a crit nano (when they took our ability to use ma crits) a balaclava (sarcastic w00t..!!) and the x-3.... whoops everyone can use the x-3
    now what we do have

roots (these are nice )
    cruddy dots (whats the point in a class thats meant to take out targets quick??)
    totally gimped fp (goin downhill)

and we have the most expensive skills of any profession..!! fixers have dark blue nanoskillz? so are most of ours? isn't your weapon skills, evades,first aid and treatment loads cheaper??at level 110 i had about 300-400 in my nano skills so i dont think we cast stuff before you just because all of our slightly "cheaper" nanoskills.. we can but we would prolly be pretty damn gimped

so all im asking is for fp/ap/mp to be fixed somehow.. maybe even have double the fp penalty for casting visual profession..??

but im not gonna B*tch, complain or yell nerf about other professions on what they should or shouldn't get.. hell i hope everyone gets all the stuff they ask for (within reason .. no "double the speed/damage of the eqb" silly crap..!)

even traders need love ..!!!

Originally posted by Panda of Doom
    The real problem is that fixers, with their ever-so-lovely dark blue nanoskills, have low-nanoskill costs on the mid-high nanos....750ish for the top buffs, or there abouts.

That means agents would be wanted for ncu buffs even more than fixers, because they can cast them right at the level caps, or there about, instead of 10 levels later, like any non-gimped fixer.

And -that- is just plain fooked No way should an agent be looked to for a buff before the class that can cast it. And without some serious work that FC wouldn't put in, it won't be changed to be more reasonable.
    I understand your frustration that your profession is gimped, but further gimping Agents in no way fixes your problem. So, instead of breaking Agents as well (as if we're too uber), why not fix the Fixers? Seriously, just because you feel your profession is broken is no reason to break other professions as well.
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123