Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Layerd Clothing.

Layerd Clothing.

I read in the SWG faq (and no, i wont switch to SWG on launch, NEVER) That there will be layerd clothing in the game. This would be so sweet in AO, Imagine an open black coat swingin when u run from that dark dark red mob trying to kill you up in PW somewere, and beneath it you can se your armors.

It would also be swell to Holster weapons (i know there has been posts of this before) But i wanna hang my Manex over my back when i'm in a "Social" mood. And for gun users, The open Coat, two holsters showing under it, "-This town aint big enough for the both of us" kinda thing .

Or maybe have a jacket over the armors, lika those black military jackets. And sunglasses even if have equiped a head skinchip or something other that goes to the head and doesnt show on your char like Dragon circlet and Droid control devics (and yes, only sunglasses that DONT add to any skills should be used)

I know there is many things to fix ingame before this would even hit the devs suggestion box. but it would be very cool though

So i say BUMP for more "coolnes and Mojo" in the game. and while i'm at it. Bump for Guild houses and better apartments to
    Alvador Proud member of [url=http://www.nanoclan.com]Storm

Bump for coolness - Matrix style!!!

Sheating weapons, as described in the thread with the same name, is also a kick a..s idea. I'd like to be able to put my Sol:s on my back while roleplaying.
    Depeche Ztatik Mode

Originally posted by Cz The money you would spend on a sports car have been spent on your AO account(s). I have invested them in a sports car for myself. I'll let you drool over a picture of it someday.

Anything additional that would increase the "coolness" factor of AO would be great. AO graphically still stands up very well against the latest released MMORPGs - with some additional effort, it would be easy to attract even more players. Players like bells and whistles.
    Capacitor, the device - a device which collects and stores electricity.
    Capacitor, the Fixer - a Opifex who collects and stores visits to Reclaim.

-||-

Layered clothing??... No thanks. No more client side lag, thank you.
    $
    ::. Anarchin, OT Fixer, Legion .::

Quote Originally Posted by Lynyah
    The difference is that you dont need a brain to camp things

Originally posted by Anarchin
    Layered clothing??... No thanks. No more client side lag, thank you.
    spot the guy with a slow pc
    TAMIYANA - RK1

Mail Tami!
    ------------------------------------------------
    To fear your enemy is wise.. to know your enemy is wiser still.....

Easy option for slow PCs would be to make it a 'Visual' option..
    you could even add a zero option of monocrome stick figures for the ancient machines out there and those on 9600 or GSM connections
    2003-2004 full time addict
    2004-2005 full time testlive
    2005-2006 full time addict to another game
    2006 occasional testlive

Smile My thoughts ...

Related to this is the issue of SOCIAL ARMOR. What an ugly term . Anyway. Some so called social armor, like lingerie and swimsuits that fit in the back slot, should appear UNDER your clothing, not on top like robes and cloaks do. Thus, you would be able to layer this clothing. Its not exactly what you intended and would be FAR easier to implement because, for example, wearing a swimsuit with a pair of shorts would expose only the swimsuit top.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

Layered clothes and especially holstered weapons add an increadible amount of style to the way our characters look (which makes the game more fun to play). Even if we had to buy Shadowlands to get it, I would very much like to see this added.
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

more variety in weapon and armor appearances is really needed
    most armors are based on other previously existing armors
    ( like CAS is loosely disguised tech armor :O )
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

The original Goddess of Stabbitty Death

Damn, this is an awesome idea. I'd love to holster my BBI Faithful's, with my adventurer trenchcoat flowin while i'm running or whatever.

And if you guys do the holster weapon thingy, make it where there's an animation of holstering, not the guns disappearing from our hands then poppin on our back or whatever
    Kukulza proud unit member of Storm!!! - Equip - Perks
    Kuzap

K.U.K.U.L.Z.A.: Kinetic Upgraded Knight Used for Learning and Zealous Assassination

\m/ \m/

Yep. Same here.
    Make things cooler (tm)!
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

another thing that could use tweaking is attack animations, there are only 3 different attack moves... and it's the same for all weps
    guns have 1 attack move and then the burst/FA move

Couldn't care less about layered clothing, but I'm all for the holstering.

Originally posted by Nieth
    another thing that could use tweaking is attack animations, there are only 3 different attack moves... and it's the same for all weps
    guns have 1 attack move and then the burst/FA move
    hell ya!

adventurer dualing BBI's shooting ala Nick Cage in Face Off.....flying sideways away from his personal jet holding out both guns and emptying the clips in like 2 seconds real time and like 5 minutes of slowed down on-screen time. ^_^

John Woo is the king of action movies!
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

Very cool idea, but wouldn't this just make everyone in game look like the people in Neocron?

Bump!
    Chaosengine : Still soldiering on..
    Equiptment Layout

On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero...
    When you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything right at all...

Our name is Legion for we are many..

Originally posted by Chaosengine
    Very cool idea, but wouldn't this just make everyone in game look like the people in Neocron?

Bump!
    Like that matters , Were not even on the same planet..
    Alvador Proud member of [url=http://www.nanoclan.com]Storm

i think if they put some time into this it would make it much much better than neocron

didnt we use to be able to wear like g-strings over our pants and keep the ac
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

u can just wear a cloak to hide ur armor anyways if u hate it alot
    but layered clothing would make everything look badass compared to now

I want to wear an open coat.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast