Thread: X-BOX Makes me mad.

Unhappy X-BOX Makes me mad.

My girlfriend is better at HALO (for x-box) than I am. I've been playin video games since pong was uber, and she grabs a controller for maybe the 2nd time ever, and laughs as I try to storm her in her warthog. Not cool.

LoL

I sorta have a similar experience. I go to one of my friend's hourse every now and then, and his entire family loves the game. They have two X-boxes and, when everyone is playing, there are a total of 6 people, including me. Usually they'll do this at least once when I come over. it's amamzing, but everyone that I've played in that game I have SLAUGHTERED by huge scores. At first I was pretty bad, but after I got the hang of it, I loved it. there are only two people who I can't beat: my friend and his little brother. It's always funny to go to parties and beat people who own Halo when I only occasionally play it

Question !

Subconscious guidance?

:P
    Last edited by Cahlor; Jan 12th, 2003 at 03:23:36.

Experienced the same thing with a complete newbie playing counter-strike for the first time.

He was moving around completely erratic, ignored all my helpful tips and had twice my score. Black magic.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

I don't have an xbox, I already own a PC
    /tell Numeric

--:o IS NOT .
    [Khaln]: it's teh small and soft
    [Khaln]: BUT
    [Khaln]: I need teh large and hard

i own a PC and an Xbox, so umm...twice the funtastic o rama

Originally posted by Jaltec
    i own a PC and an Xbox, so umm...twice the funtastic o rama

why own another PC when it just does less than your first one? :P
    /tell Numeric

--:o IS NOT .
    [Khaln]: it's teh small and soft
    [Khaln]: BUT
    [Khaln]: I need teh large and hard

A member of my old guild posted about his hate of consoles in general, and at first I disagreed with him until......

The other day I walked into a store claiming to sell computer games. Well after sorting through the rows and rows of console games I found all the PC games stuffed away in a corner. What has happened to the days when PC games were the rage and console games were second hat.

I've played all the new consoles, and well I'm not real impressed. For the most part the games seem too small, and limit you in what you are able to do in so many ways. Granted there are some console games I like but they are few and far between. I guess advertising has a lot to do with it.

Oh well I dont even know what I'm talking about because it's 3 a.m.

I guess what I'm saying is "I hear where you are coming from Seppubot"

-Cat
    I'm Back

Originally posted by Catuela
    A member of my old guild posted about his hate of consoles in general, and at first I disagreed with him until......

The other day I walked into a store claiming to sell computer games. Well after sorting through the rows and rows of console games I found all the PC games stuffed away in a corner. What has happened to the days when PC games were the rage and console games were second hat.

I've played all the new consoles, and well I'm not real impressed. For the most part the games seem too small, and limit you in what you are able to do in so many ways. Granted there are some console games I like but they are few and far between. I guess advertising has a lot to do with it.

Oh well I dont even know what I'm talking about because it's 3 a.m.

I guess what I'm saying is "I hear where you are coming from Seppubot"

-Cat
    Your memory is failing you in your old age.

PC gaming has never been more popular (whether by number of players or sales figures) than console gaming. Console gaming simply dwarfs PC gaming. Even the Sims can't step (The Sims is, by far, the best selling PC franchise of all time). Why do you think MS went into the console business when they are considered a fairly good PC game publisher/developer already?

Good console games few and far between? How about good PC games? Are there really that many? All I see are FPS clones, MMORPG's, and a whole crap load of vaporware that's supposed to be insanely great... if it ever comes out (like Masters of Orion III).

As for the Xbox, it's last on my list on the three, but I still play it somewhat regularly (I will more when some key titles come out, like Panzer Dragoon Orta and Ninja Gaiden and DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball). I've yet to even play Metroid Prime on my GC or Shinobi on the PS2 (which has sat, unopened, for a month now). I'll get around to it eventually (but probably give up AO for time in the process).
    Last edited by Neurofreeze; Jan 15th, 2003 at 09:17:05.

Re: X-BOX Makes me mad.

Originally posted by The Beer Baron
    My girlfriend is better at HALO (for x-box) than I am. I've been playin video games since pong was uber, and she grabs a controller for maybe the 2nd time ever, and laughs as I try to storm her in her warthog. Not cool.
    We'll be making fun of you in guildchat you realize?
    Yagyu for life

Hope you got your box modified. 10x as fun.
    | Evilbaffle - 220 Tra | Dominixe - 210 Doc | Maram - 207 Eng | Juling - 160 Enf |
    | Yumn - 169 NT | Niemo - 118 MP | Lucine - 185 Agent | Incision - 70 Shade |

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.- Herm Albright