Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ok, time for some SOLDIER LOVE

1 pretty good item (abadon battle suit) doesnt completely change a prof.

Our guns are still absurdly hard to get (compare augmented or nophex to QB or manex)

TMS jus doesnt compare to the multitude of buffs other profs get

We are one of the only profs whos best guns (pre175) are 66/33

etc
    Kalashnakof [Over 170 LvLs Served]
    The Few, The Proud, The Unendowed
    The Troxy Soldiers of Pax Romana
    [!!!]Demands[!!!]
    [!]AR/RE 80/40 from 66/33
    [!]Nophex drop off Notum Trainie
    [!]Still waiting for AirStrike MK1-10...

Then wouldn't having better assault rifle buffs and more assault
    rifle *only* weapons be better suited for the situation? If damage
    is your complaint, then all you need are more effective AR and
    Assault Rifle Buffs and on top of that, assault rifle only weapons..

Reguarding TMS, it's defense. Some professions don't even have
    that. The only thing wrong I see, myself, is that it is cancelling RRF(e)
    now? That needs to be changed immediately. Maybe it can
    just go dormant until TMS drops, but still take up the NCU.

Between the above mentioned and a few cool new items, I don't
    understand what youd have to complain about. As an agent, I
    just don't get it. You have offence and defensive, both of which
    are effective. Though I will agree on the above changes above, for sure.

Give SOL's AR buffs.
    Give SOL's new more effective Assault Rifle buffs. (Self only.)
    Make more Soldier only guns, just drop Heavy Weapons reqs.
    Make RRF(e) go dormant, but not cancel, while TMS is casted.
    Give SOL's some nice new SOL only armor and other items.

*Realistically*, what more would you ask for?

Originally posted by Ayvalen
    I've seen plenty of rookie soldiers.

However you won't find any MA rookies anymore, and engineer is right out. So go think about that before you bleat and moan about how soldiers are nerfed.

Blah!

Start your own thread, this is about soldier not engies or ma´s.
    I knowt he situation, I started this bloody overflamed thread just to point out that we could need some love too.

Go to yer own thread or start a new about engies and ma´s, but dont ask me to stfu.
    Last edited by Saberharth (old); Jan 15th, 2003 at 00:27:33.
    Neophyte Sun "Okkra" Tzu
    Fresman Sacre "Norange" Bleu
    Apprentice Deus "Chillout" Vult

Server First: Level 200 Shade kill.

Thanks for stealing all my tradeable phatz.

Heh but how will you get it?..
    Sbje, think you have demonstrated how deadly profession soldiers can be when played correctly. Sure you have your achilles heel, but don't most professions? Sure you got some probs, but think your damage is way better now then it used it be.

First with the hellspinner. It isnt uber. Most of the pvm I do im gettin outdmged by fixers with manex, cuz that weapon is crazy.
    And dont hit me with "Its slow", it isnt. With 1200 inits and full agg its down to about 1 sec.
    Having the ability to alpha kill most professions is not good enought for you?

Either go back and try to learn how to play as a soldier or give us good reasons why is it that you are so gimped?
    Last edited by North; Jan 13th, 2003 at 14:06:35.

First of, if you think the hellspinner is weak then your Attack Rating really really need some love.
    From my point of view soldiers are an extremely powerful profession, first of we have a fairly nice amount of HP. Those HP being backed up by TMS that makes all incoming damage cut down by 75%, we can even take less damage by using bracers
    Add all the above with OMHH and fairly NICE damage output.

When you say you're being out damaged by other professions that has way less damage then you you're just being illogic and totaly stupid.

Soldiers are not gimped, so just stop whining and go tweak your gimped butt.

Ayvalen: Lol, start your own thread you whiny tard.

Zardock: I have never seen you post in the soldier forum. How about you go share some of your uber soldier wisdom about how not to be gimped.

North: You unutterable jackass. Every thread I see for soldier luv has you posting about how we don't need it. Get a clue and piss off. Alpha kill? lol you tard, lies don't further your cause they just show you for what you are. Alpha kills are so far in the past it's laughable. And what we can do with an alpha strike ANY PROFFESSION can do. Anyone can alpha kill that gimped nano NT who's never pvp'd before. You will never alpha kill someone who knows what they're doing.

Morthoseth: That is all we're asking for basically. And we've been asking for those things for more then a year now.

... wow... I sure was abrasive in this post. Ah well.
    meh
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

well

I got a soldier let me tell you something:

should be fixed:

TMS: I think its better then GA in PvP(yes used both), would be nice if they lowered the recs so you could atleast use the highest without not only mochams but also a 132+ wrangle =PP

Guns: Hellspinner works and if you combine it with a neutronica in pvp you ownz, but of course we need more then 1 good pvp gun. What im missing is a CHS without SMG rec(yes it could be made a "little" bit less good then of course.

Other changes: Now i think the enf and sol is about the same(or should be) exept the weapons. Now it seems like the enf should be the one having most HP and the soldier having most AC so raise the AC on the soldier buffs or make a new soldier only armor with great ACs(should attainable from ql 1-200)

Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
    - Homer J Simpson

Homer: Okay, brain. You don't like me, and I don't like you, but let's get through this thing and then
    I can continue killing you with beer.
    Homer's Brain: It's a deal!

North: You unutterable jackass. Every thread I see for soldier luv has you posting about how we don't need it. Get a clue and piss off. Alpha kill? lol you tard, lies don't further your cause they just show you for what you are. Alpha kills are so far in the past it's laughable. And what we can do with an alpha strike ANY PROFFESSION can do. Anyone can alpha kill that gimped nano NT who's never pvp'd before. You will never alpha kill someone who knows what they're doing.

---

That was out of order, and yes hes refering to me bragging a bit, i.e. alpha killing a 200enf self buffed (which is awfully rare), but as hes said though have got most of the crap I need and highest possible attack rating I think I can squeeze (1514 self.. about 1400? unbugged), p.s. if you want to test how many times I can alpha kill you for example sure, whenever you wanna. no need to go on so harsh hes giving an opinion, still think the availibility of soldier items is abismal.
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

Umm. In case ya didn't know...

At TL6 an uber equiped soldier pwnz an uber equiped enforcer if the enforcer doesn't run during TMS.

As well as killing most other classes in about 5 seconds.

This is appropriate, soldier should be uber in pvp.

I don't have a problem with docs killin' soldiers and enforcers - it doesn't make much sense but hell, what does in this game?

At lower levels the soldier isn't a god in pvp true. But isn't a gimp
    either.

Once a soldier can weapon swap between quality 200 weapons his alpha and follow up will kill most proffesions pretty quickly.

Not saying that power curve coulcn't be a little less steep.

I'm all for the soldier being #1 in pvp, and maybe a bit better in pvm. I'm all for the soldier getting power gradually instead of all of a sudden at 175+ or whenever.

And I do think the soldiers weapon availability could be improved. The manex being the biggest example of the randomness of weapon power vs. availability.

I just don't see you as having it any worse than most peeps. But most peeps whine so go ahead. That's what game forums are for .
    well now I've got
    some advice for you little buddy
    before you point the finger
    you should know that I'm the man
    and if I'm the man, then you're the man
    and he's the man as well so you
    can point that f***in' finger up your a** - Tool

Originally posted by Sbje

That was out of order, and yes hes refering to me bragging a bit, i.e. alpha killing a 200enf self buffed (which is awfully rare), but as hes said though have got most of the crap I need and highest possible attack rating I think I can squeeze (1514 self.. about 1400? unbugged), p.s. if you want to test how many times I can alpha kill you for example sure, whenever you wanna. no need to go on so harsh hes giving an opinion, still think the availibility of soldier items is abismal.
    meh, North's an imbecile and I stand by that. The last 3 or 4 months hasn't seen a single thread about soldiers without North posting his negative opinions, going out of his way to block and discredit attempts at some soldier fixes. It's like he's got some sort of grudge, and I've lost patience. My last month and I don't intend to try being polite to people like him.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

by HH Munro

I find it amazing how people look for a place to let loose. I always see people say. " why whine about prof x? prof y is worse! " Whats your point. The poster didnt say Soldiers are the worst prof. Just that we need a little help. Soldiers DO NOT SUCK! However we do need a little loving to put us where I feel we belong in the big picture. Our weapons need a little reworking as well as some other very valid issues all documented in our forum. Nowhere did we say we wanted to be the next flavor of the month so the big nerfstick can be pulled out again.

lol, you are so funny.

On more serious note, I think soldiers have gotten a lot better recently what they used to be. Think its also a profession that really shines only at higher levels tho. You now have more then few options of buffs, even a debuff, weapons for different purposes (difference damage types/speeds/etc), some armor and getting a new nice tank as well...which is also wearable from 160 onwards which makes it a very nice addtion.

I don't think any profession can every be satisfied what they have, but I think you are a whole lot better of then 4 months ago.

Srendi, and case you have not noted, I tend to most numerous threads, not targeting soldiers...but if I just see a thread saying WE NEED LOVE I get more aligned to say "Why is that you need it?"

Soldiers 4 months ago, I could agree with all desperations you had. Soldiers today, you ain't bad, you might need a little bit tweaking and additional items to balance, but a love patch? Hardly.
    Last edited by North; Jan 14th, 2003 at 12:29:41.

Other changes: Now i think the enf and sol is about the same(or should be) exept the weapons. Now it seems like the enf should be the one having most HP and the soldier having most AC so raise the AC on the soldier buffs or make a new soldier only armor with great ACs(should attainable from ql 1-200)
    My opinion based on three different damage based professions that all should excel in their field, also least "dual" type of professions (aka heal/combat/pest/trade skill prof):

Soldiers : Should have the highest AR against other professions with most ranged weapons in this game (perhaps discounting shotguns and pistols, and of course bows). Should also get the highest RI when using most ranged weapons. Strong medium term defensive ability, very limited ability to heal.

Enforcers : Should have the highest non crit relient melee based damage in the game along with AR. Should get the highest MI in this game. Mediocore defences, but over long duration.

NTs: Should have the highest overall damage over time in this game. Should get the highest NI in this game. Weak defences with strong initial opening, very limited ability to heal.

The rest of professions are more "dual" types with special abilities that can balance or even outweight pure combat skills.

Let me also explain something. I am a NT, I don't expect to be strong in defences while I do expect that I have to rely on other professions to make me viable to play in teams etc. I should not be all-in-one profession. However, I do expect that as a trade of for my lack of defensive ability I should be master of my own field which is damage over time/fast damage. I should be able to do a good deal of fast and reliable damage in PvP while able to do also reliable and steady damage in PvM. I would also expect an ability to reduce nano resistance on others in order to make that steady damage. However, that "good" damage should realy be a trade of on all defensive skills. I would like NTs to be in a position where others would say:

Person 1 "Lets get that NT to a team for steady damage"
    Person 2 "Umm, we need a good healer then"

etc etc
    Last edited by North; Jan 14th, 2003 at 13:05:10.

Cool Hehe

We certainly need a little work, especially before we can use the high lvl Hellspinner. Not much, but a few tweaks.

TMS is the main issue.
    Weaponry pre lvl 175 is another.
    The choices are CHS, Div9 and maybe a nova.

The Manex is a cool gun, but until we get a good smg buff your attack rating will suffer (same goes for CHS). Fighting at full def with a faster gun/lower damage is certainly preferrable to getting drained/rooted/init debuffed and all the other fun stuff that happens when you have to go in at full aggro to make your gun fire fast enough.

I would like OMHH looked at. a higher heal version castable at high lvl should be there. The damage that an Atrox soldier can be hit with in 3 seconds is so big that OMHH is a joke. It wont keep me alive for one more hit, each AS takes 4k hp out of me and a manex burst may do the same

The Abbadon Chassis is finally an answer to a request I made about a year ago asking for modifiable armor. This is the way to go, make us a few goodies and we will tolerate being slaughtered between the levels of 75 and 165..... hehe.

Keep up the good work soldiers, bear is aaaaalmost back in the game
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Anywhere other than us Soldiers realize that our damage buffs are for energy/projectile only? Guess what, our new "uber" gun is rad damage only. Make sense to you?

and the lolish fact that our dmg buff adds +10?
    Neophyte Sun "Okkra" Tzu
    Fresman Sacre "Norange" Bleu
    Apprentice Deus "Chillout" Vult

Server First: Level 200 Shade kill.

Thanks for stealing all my tradeable phatz.

Hehe, the way damage buffs works in AO, you're better off without high ones. Fixers got a +27 damage buff (this is a base number added to the normal damage of an attack) for the cost of 52 NCUs. In the mid-high level game the added damage just doesn't justify the expense.
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent
    Troxitazz - retired trader

Originally posted by North

Soldiers 4 months ago, I could agree with all desperations you had. Soldiers today, you ain't bad, you might need a little bit tweaking and additional items to balance, but a love patch? Hardly.
    The same could be said about NT's but I don't see you posting your venom on the scattered NT luv requests .

by HH Munro

Re: Hehe

Originally posted by Beartwo
    each AS takes 4k hp out of me and a manex burst may do the same
    *bwaaahh* I'm a gimp! Can't ever recall my manex doing more than around 1k dmg burst in pvp. Ofcourse this may be because I mostly close my eyes and hope for the best
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent
    Troxitazz - retired trader

Wink

geez 1k burst with Manex? I do more than that with my little hellspinner. Sure your pointing it the right way?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast