Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ok, time for some SOLDIER LOVE

Originally posted by Okkra

Yeah, lets ditch that pure green Assault rifle skill and go with that slightly blue SMG!

Seriously we have buffs for assault rifle, everything I have is creaming at me USE ASSAULT RIFLE! =)

But im overlooking the option to use an eqb... =)
    I have to say I agree with this, Assualt rifles should be better than SMG's, in my opinion.

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Originally posted by Seraphael
    To claim that fixers, especially non-GA ones, are better than soldiers in pvp is hogwash. Fixers need the games rarest nano to avoid being pathetic in pvp and even with it we are not uber; easily debuffable and extremely vulnerable to nukes and specials.
    As anyone can tell you; fast recycling specials are key in pvp.
    In pvm both professions bring attractive buffs to their team. Yes the manex does good damage when all out offensive, no doubt about that, but that is also a prescription for quick death in pvp.

Greatly adding to a soldiers pvp ability would serve to imbalance the game (we don't need more uber pvp professions to whine about). Adding to a soldiers team usefulness is not strictly needed as a soldier has ALWAYS been more than welcome in any team I have ever been in, but how about letting your phallanx AC buff affect all professions and stack with other AC buffs?
    heh, you're saying fixers without GA are pathetic pvp'ers? lol... I beg to differ. My fixer uses very nice damage, roots, and superior speed to be a major force on the field, I'm not sure I even want GA since I don't need it to kick some serious but. (yes I realize I'm a twink , but I'm sure high level non GA fixers wouldn't rate themselves as "pathetic" either"

But once again I see someone saying we're fine and that we don't need anything, pvm and pvp. Get a clue and maby listen to the soldiers who've actually played the class. We're not fine, we don't even remotely resemble what we're supposed to be. Heck, it's too late for me, I'm just getting the last ergs of complaining out of my system before my last month runs out. I'm voting with my dollars, maby funcom will listen to that.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

One thing that would help soldiers alot is to make the Nophex easier to obtain.
    I know some people belive that this is such a uber weapon that it should be hard to get. It isnt.

When a soldier hits 120, he equips a q200 Nova/Div9 (unsure about 120, since it's a long time since i did that, and it was back in the OE days). Next good weapon (spinner/fury) is lvl 175.
    55 lvl's with Nova/Div9.

I got lucky and got a Nophex at 160ish, and used it to 175, then gave it to another sub-175 soldier.
    Then i did the damage i was supposed to do. Not way uber, just enough to compete with QB. And that is in pvm, and I cant see why anyone should have a problem with sol/enf's doing good dmg there.

In pvp the Nophex is close to useless. 1 point minimum damage, slow, not gonna call it crit dependant but you wont kill much with 100-250 hits. Tried it against some guildys and they where laughing theyre heads off ^^

So, make Nophex tl5 req, and make it drop of the Notum Trainee instead of Notum Soldier. This will help soldiers damage wise in pvm. And it wont unbalance us vs other classes in pvp.

Note: I had 1140 attackrating when I tried it in pvp. Still sucked. *stupid 66/33 skill weapons *
    Animoy - Lvl 220 Soldier on Rk-1 - General of Legion
    Athillon - Lvl 162 Engineer on Rk-1 - Member of Legion - Nerf Engi button in creation room - Sleeping

Originally posted by Sredni
    heh, you're saying fixers without GA are pathetic pvp'ers? lol... I beg to differ. My fixer uses very nice damage, roots, and superior speed to be a major force on the field, I'm not sure I even want GA since I don't need it to kick some serious but. (yes I realize I'm a twink , but I'm sure high level non GA fixers wouldn't rate themselves as "pathetic" either".
    Lol, I thought your statement regarding fixer pvp prowess seemed to be reeking of inexperience. Level him up 150+, then come back to me and I might give some credence to your claim.
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent
    Troxitazz - retired trader

Originally posted by Seraphael

Lol, I thought your statement regarding fixer pvp prowess seemed to be reeking of inexperience. Level him up 150+, then come back to me and I might give some credence to your claim.
    lol. I truly hate this argument. THE GAME DOESN'T CHANGE THAT MUCH. Say whatever you want, but saying that non GA fixers are pathetic pvp'ers doesn't really lend your argument any credence either . And the game does include more then lvl 150+.

(and why you or anyone feels the need to go out of their way to argue against soldier luvin I really don't understand)
    Last edited by Sredni; Jan 10th, 2003 at 19:23:02.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

by HH Munro

Re: Ok, time for some SOLDIER LOVE

Note: I haven't read ANY OTHER replies to this thread, just the main post

"Soldier Selected.
    A soldier strives for excellence in armed combat. The skill advancement of soldiers focuses entirely on assault and surivial. They use unique nanotechnology to protect
    their bodies, enhance reflexes, weapon skills and their armor. Perhaps most importantly, Soldiers are able to create strong damage absorbation shields around themselfves
    which make them partly invulunerable and even reflect some of the damage back to the attacker."
    ever read the engineer description?

Lets see now, Engies have better AC buffs than me
    ACs past like .. 4000 dont mean jack :P

No grid nanos =)
    a soldier with a grid warp is almost as stupid as a doctor with one...hey wait, doctors DO have grid warps! Logic? HA!! (btw I realize you were just listing what fixers have that you dont)

[B]TMS, wanna trade it whith yer GA PLEASE?!
    sure a nice shield, have to leave 45 ncu open to cast it[B]
    nobody else has GA :P I'll trade my AC buffs for your TMS.
    And it's 58 NCU for my 720 AC buff, real useful.
    /tell Numeric

--:o IS NOT .
    [Khaln]: it's teh small and soft
    [Khaln]: BUT
    [Khaln]: I need teh large and hard

man oh man, soooooooooo tired of xxx profession needs luv before yyy profession
    Johnathgalt Rimor Clanner

wtb crusader chant

Succeeding at my job is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize is more pie.

lvl 163 soldier here: Freshman JcWarrior
    Beta tester as well.

Soldiers need a lot of loving, they are not the most nerfed but are still horribly gimped. I've been killed by non-GA fixers and every other prof in the arena without any hope for revenge unless im buffed by a fixer and an enf. (Even then its GL) I have resolved to simply avoid pvp as much as i can until i can equip a 175 hellspinner and STILL be outdamaged by 99.9% of the teams out there *Just check my logs of team-damage, youll see me at the bottom and believe me ive done everything to become the uberestest sol of them all at this level.*

This post isnt meant to be a flame so I will stop.

Primarily, I have nothing wrong with the professions that are powerful already. I will not scream nerf because that makes no sense and upsets a whole bunch more good customers and players. MAs in my opinion needed the nerf but were vastly overnerfed.
    If you are to make things better then stop pointing fingers at what profession "has things all messed up", and start pointing at a solution. Every profession needs some loving to a degree. I would like to put FC on the case and actually make them specialize the professions out there to do what they are intended to do. If a soldier is designed to do massive amounts of damage then why.. well why are we pathetic? If the pet classes are supposed to have a pet that works well.. then why do none use them (avoids the more then obvious problem with his alts).

Overall, yes give some soldiers some loving, but don't nerf other professions and bring them down to our level. I don't want a bunch of unhappy customers leaving and me not being able to find a team all over again, and besides if you nerf something one of my alts takes it in the rear :P.

*PS> CZ if you read this I would like to know when FC will get some guts to give AO openGL/glide support, it would be so very nice and solve so many customer related gameplay (texture loading) massive lag issues. Unless you still would like to tell a programmer that his 1.4mhz athlon (two of em) with a geforce ti 4200 COMBINED with a vodoo 5 and 680 megs of ram on a 1.5mps connection still isnt enough . Please tell us that there is hope for a brighter future on that end. It would alleviate so many of the texture loading problems and massive lag spikes people get (especially in tower battles) that i cannot count how many. If you guys arent working on it please suggest it to them and tell us they are not so i can begin coding it myself, i cannot tell you how much nicer AO would be with glide or openGL over direct3d... prettier too!

One last thing, perhaps a way to do this would be to use the tons of extra tokens that people have past the 1k board to get profession specific items or credits? Just an idea, there still needs to be some sort of profession "fix" but figured that would be postable

Am I not right in thinking soldiers are getting a new battle suit (Abaddon) giving more AC, health, reflects, offence, damage, ncu etc

is that enough lovin'?

Engies would be so lucky to get these sort of improvements.

Gotta love soldiers complaining that engies have something they want.

Heh but how will you get it?..
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

Or you could simply take the new nanos that soldiers were given and make the requirements so much lower, I don't think there is a soldier on rubika who could ever cast the FA nano resonably. maybe with infuses full 200 implants AND a 132 wrangle... but thats if your lucky. *for the developers* look at the nice reqs you gave the extremely uber fixer smg/ri/dmg/burst nano... thats a better attack nano then any soldier would ever cast.. *sniffs* makes me kindof sad thinking about it. Why are we given higher requirements on a much less nice nano?

Originally posted by Destractor (L1V1D)
    Am I not right in thinking soldiers are getting a new battle suit (Abaddon) giving more AC, health, reflects, offence, damage, ncu etc

is that enough lovin'?

Engies would be so lucky to get these sort of improvements.

Gotta love soldiers complaining that engies have something they want.
    Well you just keep distorting other people posts and feeling sorry for yourself. I'm sure you or someone like you will be sure to point at the abbadon suit as proof when you try to prevent future soldier luvin .

by HH Munro

A qualified bump for this one...

it ALMOST turned into a Fixer hate thread, which cheese me off to no end. But the original poster tried to avoid that. Kudos, sir. Just for that I'll spare you all the diatribes about Fixers in PvP with or without GA, because on one thing I strongly agree with you.

Soldiers need love.

OK so do a lot of other classes....don't get me started on engies and MPs...

But Soldiers, let's talk about em.

I agree, ARs should kill an SMG any day. Funcom keeps making new weapons for you guys (Nophex, DIv9, Upgraded Hell cannons, etc), but they're either not THAT much of an improvement, pathetically rare, or actually worse then what you have! Thank you by the way for not screaming Manex nerf. It's always nice to see someone thinking of building up and not tearing down.

I think the AR rating buffs are a great idea...AR feeds crits, so this would be a great aid in damage.

A suggestion for team viability would be Team AR and dmg buffs, or maybe something along the lines of OS in other level ranges.

I wish you Sold's the best...my second char, after I realized MAs suck, was a Soldier. Always liked him even though he was a gimp

(Soldiers should not dual wield shotguns)
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

you havent checked the database have you... on test server there is a new upgradeable soldier only battlesuit http://64.106.154.149/showitem.asp?AOID=206143
    forgive me if that doesnt show as a actual link, im not good with forums, But anyway! thats just one of the battlesuit variations. and as soon as they add that to live and i figure out where to get it Im gettin one baby! now tell me thats not soldier love
    Nausferatu Lvl 200 Soldier RK1 Storm

BACK TO THE SUBJECT AT HAND!!

Ok people settle down, back to the subject at hand. I would like to see some stuff added in for lower level soldiers. Mainly some weapons that are based 100% off assualt rifle. all the decent assualt rifles below 175 seem to have that nasty 66/34 split.

All the other combat classes have weapons that are based 100% off their main skill. MA's have fists, Fixers have SMG's, Enforcers have all their weapons, Adventures have 1he and pistols, traders have shotties....

Now before you add me to your flame list, remember that I am talking about lower level soldiers not the 175+ ones.

Amen to that..most of the addons lately have been for the high-level crowd. Let's face it the Manex is now a lowbie weapon, nor the Hellfury, obviously.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Well if you really want to know whats up with us soldiers you should look into the soldier forum here.

I don't beg for soldier love, but for a fix of some of the issues that have been brought up in the soldier forum.

And hell please stop the complaining about fixers being better then soldiers. Just stop that, 'cause it will get us nowhere.

I've seen plenty of rookie soldiers.

However you won't find any MA rookies anymore, and engineer is right out. So go think about that before you bleat and moan about how soldiers are nerfed.

{Edit By Moderator}
    Last edited by Saberharth (old); Jan 15th, 2003 at 00:27:11.

I won't waste time explaining, but know this.
    Playing a Soldier is easy, but playing them right is hard.
    Stop whining that soldiers are weak, we are not.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast