Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ok, time for some SOLDIER LOVE

Ok, time for some SOLDIER LOVE

I have seen most profs begging for love under "Next patch"
    (LOL even that funny "enf are the most nerfest prof in the game")

Havnt seen any soldier love thread tho, might have slipped away some pages tho since we have been needing some love for quite some time now.

"Soldier Selected.
    A soldier strives for excellence in armed combat. The skill advancement of soldiers focuses entirely on assault and surivial. They use unique nanotechnology to protect
    their bodies, enhance reflexes, weapon skills and their armor. Perhaps most importantly, Soldiers are able to create strong damage absorbation shields around themselfves
    which make them partly invulunerable and even reflect some of the damage back to the attacker."

Half of the quote is about my tms. The rest is about my UNIQUE nanotechnology to protect myself.

Lets see now, Engies have better AC buffs than me
    Enhace reflexes, if this is about my evade buffs im ROFLMAO
    And my weapon buffs, crappier that MP´s mochs, even crappier than infuses.

At level 180 Im like a fixer.
    Except for some things.
    I have no GA
    I have almost crappy evades (nothing compared to fixer atleast)
    I have no HoT´s, sure i have OMHH but its nothing compared to a HoT.
    I have no roots.
    No grid nanos =)
    No ncu buffs

What do I have that the fixer doesnt have?

A TMS
    Ranged weapon buffs.
    Hellspinner

Now you are going to throw that tms and that hs in my face a couple of times before this thread is dead, but let me tell you a secret...

First with the hellspinner. It isnt uber. Most of the pvm I do im gettin outdmged by fixers with manex, cuz that weapon is crazy.
    And dont hit me with "Its slow", it isnt. With 1200 inits and full agg its down to about 1 sec.

TMS, wanna trade it whith yer GA PLEASE?!
    sure a nice shield, have to leave 45 ncu open to cast it, leaves me wo any shields for 40 secs.

And this wasnt a "Flame fixer" thread.

Its just presenting to you who I am, a GIMPED fixer.

Love from a soldier who is thinking about go EQB
    Neophyte Sun "Okkra" Tzu
    Fresman Sacre "Norange" Bleu
    Apprentice Deus "Chillout" Vult

Server First: Level 200 Shade kill.

Thanks for stealing all my tradeable phatz.

just out of interest, what would you suggest to improve soldiers?

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Ok, since all the good ideas allready are taken by other proffs I guess Ill have to steal some ideas.

A self addalloff nano.

TMS changes, look in the soldier forum for more.

More weapon buffs, the ones we have now arent really that good.

It sucks that I have to be 175+ to be something decent.
    I had no idea what I started when I first started "Okkra" so dont give me some **** about "If you want to do dmg, start an enf"

Give me something to cast against my enemies, if not, make me do more dmg.
    Neophyte Sun "Okkra" Tzu

Want some cheese with that whine?

If you so obviously are dissatisfied with the capabilities of your own profession then save us all your grief and play another.
    In my opinion soldiers are a well rounded profession, perhaps one of the best balanced in the game. Solders make for great pvp and good pvm, though certainly not without issues as do we all. TMS cancelling out reflect is one, I have suggestied in prior posting that soldiers TMS also give them a somewhat increased nano resist. A reload button is another, but this applies for all ranged weapon users. What soldiers don't need is the massive surgery you seem to advocate.

If you love/hate GA so much, try blitzing missions for money for months to be able to afford one. I have GAmk4 and I can tell you that it is by no means uber in pvp (pvm is another matter), it merely gives fixers a fighting chance, without it fixers are about as good as metas or engies.

The only valid point I will concede you is that fixers shouldn't be able to outdamage soldiers. In pvp however, soldier only weapons, OWNS the Manex. Do a litte more research before you present your case next time. Thank you for calling.
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent
    Troxitazz - retired trader

When I said that fixers outdamaged me I talked about pvm and not pvp.

Almost the whole post is based on pvm and not pvp.

And as said before, this wasnt a "flame fixer" thread, merely a call for some love since almost every prof is beggin for it here.

As a starter in this game I got the impression that soldiers was mass dmg.

And yes, we ranged profs need a reload button =).

One change that would be good is to lower the reqs on the new nanos. For example Art of Peace, Soldier Clip Junkie and One foot in the Grave.

Im sorry if I offended someone with my thread.

BUT if we are the best balanced prof in the game many other profs are very unbalanced...
    Neophyte Sun "Okkra" Tzu

As I said in another post in this forum; in PvM, with the exception of ubermobs, who cares who outdamages who? The mob is gonna drop in 5 seconds even if you had 6 gimpy-ass non-pet-using non-nuking Pepper pistol wielding crats (OK, maybe not then, but you know what I mean... )

Soldiers need a *little* more love. Art Of Peace is a joke - I think they must have dropped the leading 1 that was supposed to be there; a +170 buff for AR, not a +70.

Your nanoreqs won't be lowered. Won't happen, sorry. Everyone who's gotten new nanos has asked for this, and we all got turned down. Instead, ask for their effect to be improved.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    As I said in another post in this forum; in PvM, with the exception of ubermobs, who cares who outdamages who? The mob is gonna drop in 5 seconds even if you had 6 gimpy-ass non-pet-using non-nuking Pepper pistol wielding crats (OK, maybe not then, but you know what I mean... )
    well... I care . No point in having a soldier along if a proffession like fixers can outdamage us. Given that you have ncu buffs, runbuffs, and HoT's, and a fast grid out afterward.

teammate1: "Hmm, we have one spot open and there's a fixer and a soldier lfg."

teammate2: "ya, it's a hard choice. A soldier deals phenominal damage, but a fixer has a whole bunch of usefull buffs. A soldier can tank really well, but a fixers kinda fragile. A real toss up."

teammate3: "What are you on crack? STFU ebay noob, a fixer does just as much damage as a soldier, along with their slew of usefull buffs. And heck he's a smurph so he can tank better then jesus!"

teammate2: " my bad, I hate being an e-bay noob."

teammate1: "Fixer it is."

Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Nah, I like Soldiers in our team. I especially like some of their buffs like Offensive Steamroller. That extra Ranged-Init makes my Manex fire faster. Besides there are no restrictions on who can ues a Manex so a Soldier can use it.

So soldiers is the nerfest prof now ? its all so confusing, evryone saying they are the nerfest.
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

Originally posted by zugs
    Nah, I like Soldiers in our team. I especially like some of their buffs like Offensive Steamroller. That extra Ranged-Init makes my Manex fire faster. Besides there are no restrictions on who can ues a Manex so a Soldier can use it.
    a soldier using a manex is admiting defeat and accepting the fact that he deals second rate damage , cause a soldier can't use a manex as well as a fixer can.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

by HH Munro

Originally posted by zugs
    Besides there are no restrictions on who can ues a Manex so a Soldier can use it.
    Yeah, lets ditch that pure green Assault rifle skill and go with that slightly blue SMG!

Seriously we have buffs for assault rifle, everything I have is creaming at me USE ASSAULT RIFLE! =)

But im overlooking the option to use an eqb... =)
    Neophyte Sun "Okkra" Tzu

Originally posted by Sredni

well... I care . No point in having a soldier along if a proffession like fixers can outdamage us. Given that you have ncu buffs, runbuffs, and HoT's, and a fast grid out afterward.

teammate1: "Hmm, we have one spot open and there's a fixer and a soldier lfg."

teammate2: "ya, it's a hard choice. A soldier deals phenominal damage, but a fixer has a whole bunch of usefull buffs. A soldier can tank really well, but a fixers kinda fragile. A real toss up."

teammate3: "What are you on crack? STFU ebay noob, a fixer does just as much damage as a soldier, along with their slew of usefull buffs. And heck he's a smurph so he can tank better then jesus!"

teammate2: " my bad, I hate being an e-bay noob."

teammate1: "Fixer it is."

NOBODY tanks better than Jesus. I saw Jesus once take on a lvl300 mob. Jesus is an MP you know, casting out demons and walking on water. And while we're on the subject, why can't the rest of us MPs have pets like Jesus? Jesus' pets don't ever get stuck. And damnit, I'd like to turn water in wine too! Or at least a real fine malt liquor.

Sometimes I wonder if Funcom wrote the history of the world, because it took Jesus three days to show up at reclaim, kind of like the tower battle I was in last night.

Remember when Jesus washed his disciple's feet? I'd like to do the same with my twelve female nanomage disciples. Taking applications.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Blah, these MP pets sneak in everywhere =)

BTW dont ungimp soldiers by givin us a pet, that would suck big time =)
    Neophyte Sun "Okkra" Tzu

LOL The Deacon.

As far as soldiers go. In one on one duels your one of the top three proffesions (at high levels). As far as pvm goes your still more wanted than a pet user or a "normal armor" fixer in high level teams. (sorry but it's just the way it is.) I think you could use a bit of a boost but I'd say soldier is near the end of the "nerfest proffesion" lunch line.
    Last edited by Xolus; Jan 10th, 2003 at 01:26:43.
    well now I've got
    some advice for you little buddy
    before you point the finger
    you should know that I'm the man
    and if I'm the man, then you're the man
    and he's the man as well so you
    can point that f***in' finger up your a** - Tool

Never said that we are the nerfest prof, just that we could use a boost =)

As we all know from jodocast, enfs are the nerfest prof in the game (rofl)
    Neophyte Sun "Okkra" Tzu

OK to a boost, but soldiers are certainly no worse off than... well, actually, non-GA fixers.

Though, I still think that they left the leading 1 off of Art of Peace... Art of Peace, +190 to AR skill. Yeah.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&nano=1&id=203119

its +90 and it doesnt stack with mastery so its a +30 from the mastery.

yay I can cast it with mochs and a small wrangle!
    Neophyte Sun "Okkra" Tzu

I se alot of campares to Fixers these days. and yes, we've gotten some love alright. But as for fixers there is maybe 3-4 GOOD smgs out there for use to use. Other weapons is almost out of the question since our other wepaon skills are blur/dark blue.

Manex (need that T.I.M scope)
    MCS (need that T.I.M scope)
    SOl Chironis (with 13+ crit scope, else it not that good)
    Gamma ejector (good from lvl 41-80 maybe, i used mine to lvl 100ish though, but thats just me)

Not a flame, just some info

And yes, Soldiers Could use some love.
    Last edited by Alvador; Jan 10th, 2003 at 07:03:51.
    Alvador Proud member of [url=http://www.nanoclan.com]Storm

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    OK to a boost, but soldiers are certainly no worse off than... well, actually, non-GA fixers.

heh, I don't want to start a "I'm more gimped then you" argument... but how can you say soldiers are no worse off then non-ga fixers? Sorry but even my gimpy atrox fixer with his pathetic nano skills and his roots that never stick slaughters soldiers in pvp, and outdamages them in missions.

Fixers without GA still bring superior damage, and better buffs to a team . We're still the same soldiers that were in desperate need of some luvin 3 months ago, the addition of some buffs that nobody uses, some guns that 99 out of 100 don't have, and a slightly increased div9 burst recharge doesn't change that.

The only reason soldiers are wanted in teams is cause we deal pretty good damage. But pretty good damage isn't enough when thats all you bring to a team.

heh... was toying with the damage calc and the manex deals the same sort of damage as an augmented hellspinner . in fact... if you get it to 1200 init's or so it deals better damage then the hellspinner .

don't be arguing that soldiers compare ok to fixers now

by HH Munro

To claim that fixers, especially non-GA ones, are better than soldiers in pvp is hogwash. Fixers need the games rarest nano to avoid being pathetic in pvp and even with it we are not uber; easily debuffable and extremely vulnerable to nukes and specials.
    As anyone can tell you; fast recycling specials are key in pvp.
    In pvm both professions bring attractive buffs to their team. Yes the manex does good damage when all out offensive, no doubt about that, but that is also a prescription for quick death in pvp.

Greatly adding to a soldiers pvp ability would serve to imbalance the game (we don't need more uber pvp professions to whine about). Adding to a soldiers team usefulness is not strictly needed as a soldier has ALWAYS been more than welcome in any team I have ever been in, but how about letting your phallanx AC buff affect all professions and stack with other AC buffs?

Edit: Personally I would have accepted a "nerf" in the Manex if FC could finally give fixers a choice in viable, less uniform SMGs (with updated damage potential/types). As is SMG is the weapontype with the least amount of specials and augmentations (special bonuses). Common FC, you have shotguns with aimed shot and bows with burst and full auto, but not a single SMG with even fling! What's up with that?
    Last edited by Seraphael; Jan 10th, 2003 at 11:19:23.
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent
    Troxitazz - retired trader

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast