Thread: Level 180+ mission boss loot needs more variety

Level 180+ mission boss loot needs more variety

When's the last time you didn't find a Kin of Tarasque or some other high-level adventurer prof instruction disc or nano on the corpse of some lame level 180+ mission boss?!

There's very little motivation to kill high level mission bosses simply because the loot (and XP) reward is not worth the effort, in most cases (except for those rare times that a high QL Albrecht Tank armor or CHS drops).

I want to see a greater variety of items and nanos drop from high level bosses, even if that means those items have to drop in lower QL versions. I mean, wouldn't it be nice to find even the lowly GA MK I on a ql 180+ boss? Or PPPEs? Low QL concrete cushions? It would bring a refreshing change to the monotonous predictability of knowing 50% of what the typical boss's drop is going to be.

You know what one of the big problems with this game is? Yup. You guessed it. Predictability.

Last night we did a level 191 mission. On the boss we found not 1, not 2 or 3, but 5, that's 5 time the SAME nano disc. Now that is pretty pathetic !
    Aguitha, Engineer
    Cratisha, Bureaucrat

We need Variety

Bump for the need for a change in boss loot currently its crap as the others have mentioned. Its just pure shop food to me at this point and the drops are still the same. It sure would be nice to see a PPPE or NS or GA or something kewl drop. Please mix things up for us FC we need Variety.

Heres an idea:

HAve a set total QL of items a boss can carry then randomly place items of different qualities in the loot not totally higher than the total.

Would give a chance of having a wider range of items. After all I already wallpapered 2 rooms in my apartment with kin of tara disks
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

Now the problem with this -variety- of items at this lvlrange (180+) is that FC doesn't really want players up on that range. That way they don't make money because most people will stop and start new ones/quit playing. How many dungeons (static ones ofcourse) do you find for those over lvl150? 2 I think.

They only want "newbies" in game lvl1-125. The rest is just plain waste of time.
    Drmys - 216/18 Healmonkey
    Znyper - 220/15 Assassin
    Keepyxa - 203/5 Keeper
    Atomyxa - 152/0 NT
    Intoxica - 157/0 Soldier

- THE RENAISSANCE -

While I'm in favor of more varied loot along the lines of GA, NS, PPPE, etc., I'll have to disagree with Drmys's post. NW was pretty much entirely geared toward high level players, FC wants them because they recruit more people. As for the dungeons... yes, 2 are for high level players (Camelot and Smugs/Mantis), but how many are in the game? Seven. And subway counts for maybe only a half of a dungeon, Will to Fight might not even count at all. They're catering to all level ranges.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Ok.. the NW patch (I call it patch because it is. Just some commercial jippo because FC are poor and made us pay for a patch) contained some "highlvl stuff", but you can hardly say that lasted long? I've built most things, tested some of the few new things. That took a few days... ok. Now I've done that time to move on... but there is nothing to move on to. Ok, destroy towers all day may seems like a great idea. It is actually very pleasing to see this enormous exploding tower go down and hear the cries "GO OMNI/GO CLANS" etc.

But I still stick to what I said before.. FC's ethic against us players isn't good. And for those close to the end of the xp-chase isn't just worth the time more than for the building of some towers which I personally think was a hasty idea. Could have been thought thru much more.. Now it feels like most Command&Conquer games - Find a tower, orginize a force, destroy tower, build a new.
    Drmys - 216/18 Healmonkey
    Znyper - 220/15 Assassin
    Keepyxa - 203/5 Keeper
    Atomyxa - 152/0 NT
    Intoxica - 157/0 Soldier

- THE RENAISSANCE -

Woot on the whole thing *bumps* although I would like to see FC implement a system where we dont need missions... How boring is it to go through the same stinking setup every mission for 100+ levels? Perhaps they could implement more of the purpose of the game into this? clans vs omni right? Ok so give out xp for pvp fights, even for the loser. What about hunting? There is only one good place to hunt for high levels (primus) and few that arent already camped at lower levels. Make exp more enjoyable to get because doing BS missions for 100 levels is not fun.

PS> Yes Ill post it again: GET OPENGL AND GLIDE SUPPORT!!!. It will solve bizillions of the texture problems even if it doesn't solve the resource manager.

In game name is JcWarrior btw