Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WHEN is the NEXT PATCH!????

Originally posted by Lilyflie
    Test was just patched, so we should expect live to be before the end of the month at least I think.
    i wouldnt garuntee that..

first off, the patch on test is incomplete, one of the new dungeons isnt even in yet, to mention one 'bug'/

second..they are wiping the entire testlive player database...meaning that theyll have to spend some time before high level content can be tested again, and just in general make the entire process take longer.

third..they are introducing a new player rewards system on test...that will also make the process take a bit longer
    President of Midnight Reveries

I'd be surprised if the did the wipe before moving this patch to live, I'd expect it to occur just after that. End of the month isn't unrealistic as this is basically a content patch.

However, maybe it'll happen the way Klng suggest... *shrugs*
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

hehe let em test it over and over again, better than getting a ****ty bug-patch.
    Neophyte Sun "Okkra" Tzu
    Fresman Sacre "Norange" Bleu
    Apprentice Deus "Chillout" Vult

Server First: Level 200 Shade kill.

Thanks for stealing all my tradeable phatz.

Originally posted by Okkra
    hehe let em test it over and over again, better than getting a ****ty bug-patch.
    If you really stop and think about it. If all gaming companies tested their games until all the bugs were out, there would never be any games released

With all the changes coming in the patch, it puzzles me that its a 14.7.8 patch. It should be a 14.8, or maybe even a 15.0 release.

I thought FC was following Industry standards with their version numbers, but I guess not. Industry standards for software versions are: Major.Minor.BugFix. As in AO 14.0 is a major update, 14.7 is the 7th minor update to major release 14.0. 14.7.8 is the 8th bug fix for the 7th minor update of major release 14.0. With all the changes, one would think its at least a minor update..

-Tifanyx

Re: c0me to the d/\rk s1de l00k, 1t 1s y0ur de/\/t1stry!

Originally posted by Revelator
    And won't you just love it when you approach a Jedi Master in a 0% zone asking him for directions, and he replies: STFUn00bkthx, now im gonna pwns you butt with my PHAT UBER light sabre!
    heh.. that sums up the community on the SWG forums perfectly.
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

Re: Re: c0me to the d/\rk s1de l00k, 1t 1s y0ur de/\/t1stry!

Originally posted by Revelator
    And won't you just love it when you approach a Jedi Master in a 0% zone asking him for directions, and he replies: STFUn00bkthx, now im gonna pwns you butt with my PHAT UBER light sabre!
    Originally posted by Wobble

heh.. that sums up the community on the SWG forums perfectly.
    yea, but unless you put in an intellegence check for everyone playing the game, this is going to happen. Some people can't help turning every single game they play into just a bigger version of Quake or Doom.
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

Question Q

Maybe there should be a patch now that actually does something for the people who didn't buy the update that lets you put "towers" out..
    Um. and how many people who paid (hard cash) for the ability to use towers do you think would be a tad whacked off??

answers on a postcard...

Azz

Originally posted by Tifanyx
    I've read a couple in depth reviews on the game and I'm not impressed.
    Wow. You read a review?

AO on the other hand, I've been impressed with and will continue to be impressed with right on through the start of Shadowlands.

-Tifanyx
    Easily amused are we?

Tab + Q(yawn) = FUN!
    Team mission treadmill = FUN!
    Mobs wandering aimlessly waiting to be killed = FUN!
    Unpredictable PvP = FUN!
    Uber Mob + 950K HPs + Junk Loot = FUN!
    Shadowlands = AO after a facelife X 2 = FUN!

Enjoy.
    At Midnight, All the Agents...
    Veneman
    Fullnelson
    Halfnelson

Agents- lilttle slightly insane people who run around and kill you before you know what is going on... and if they dont kill you fast... well, cannon fodder (altho they are good for scouting) -eternalfiend

The Sock-Hat, it adds 1 to my tempo.

If you really stop and think about it. If all gaming companies tested their games until all the bugs were out, there would never be any games released
    ...one company comes to my mind...not for MMORPGs tho.

well all i can say is that there will be like 4 players playing this game when swg comes out. theres no player content in ao anymore. i mean if you call hanging out in trade game content.say bye bye funcom

Originally posted by Halfnelson

Wow. You read a review?
    PC Gamer Jan 2003.

Easily amused are we?

Tab + Q(yawn) = FUN!
    Team mission treadmill = FUN!
    Mobs wandering aimlessly waiting to be killed = FUN!
    Unpredictable PvP = FUN!
    Uber Mob + 950K HPs + Junk Loot = FUN!
    Shadowlands = AO after a facelife X 2 = FUN!

Enjoy.
    I'm not easily amused. I just like to take a look at things. Absorb them. Enjoy them. I've been a player on RK1 for 4 months now, and I still haven't seen every part of the world.

The two main types of players are the ones who blast through everything trying to become king of AO and those who sit back and take things in. The people who set out to become King , did just that, and they realized its lonely at the top. So they start the whining about content. The people whining about content in AO will be the same people whining about content in SWG in a year or two.

But to each his own. One thing I know for sure is, I'll still be enjoying AO when you and are complaining how hard it is to become a Jedi..

-Tifanyx

Originally posted by Tifanyx
    I'm not easily amused. I just like to take a look at things. Absorb them. Enjoy them. I've been a player on RK1 for 4 months now, and I still haven't seen every part of the world.

The two main types of players are the ones who blast through everything trying to become king of AO and those who sit back and take things in. The people who set out to become King , did just that, and they realized its lonely at the top. So they start the whining about content. The people whining about content in AO will be the same people whining about content in SWG in a year or two.

But to each his own. One thing I know for sure is, I'll still be enjoying AO when you and are complaining how hard it is to become a Jedi..

-Tifanyx
    Well, I'll give you credit. I had the time of my life on AO during my first 4 months too. I do not think its fair to call the high-level players whiners though. Since when do lowbies hold the patent on fun in this game? BTW, the content begins to drop off right around level 100...look out for it.

Oh yeah, I'm going Empire to hopefully kill Jedi.
    At Midnight, All the Agents...
    Veneman
    Fullnelson
    Halfnelson

Agents- lilttle slightly insane people who run around and kill you before you know what is going on... and if they dont kill you fast... well, cannon fodder (altho they are good for scouting) -eternalfiend

The Sock-Hat, it adds 1 to my tempo.

Well, I'll give you credit. I had the time of my life on AO during my first 4 months too. I do not think its fair to call the high-level players whiners though. Since when do lowbies hold the patent on fun in this game? BTW, the content begins to drop off right around level 100...look out for it.
    I call it the way I see it. The only ones I read about whining are high level players. "Where is the content?? Waah! Boo Hoo! We want content!". It makes no sense, because while they are whining about it, they are STILL playing the game. If you want FC to put in more content so badly, stop playing. That'll send the message. So even with all the whining, it still must not be that bad if they are sticking around for a few months until SWG comes along.

As you've said I'm a "lowbie", but I choose to be that way. I'm not one of the players who has to get the next level. Heck I don't even care if I ever reach 100. So based on your point , and my point for that matter, content will never run out for me. Its all about how you, as a player, choose to play the game. If by chance the "content" does start falling off at 100, I guess I'll just have to make my own. What type of game is this? An MMOG? No. An MMORPG? Yes, thats it, I'll try a little RP.

Or better yet, maybe I'll take a chance at creating another character thats Omni or Clan. The content is there, you just have to want to utilize it

-Tifanyx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12