Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible Trader wrangle nerf?

This is kinda a silly nerf ... Musta been those Leets Rights people!

Hmmmm, maybe I can make my fortune partnering with a trader and letting the trader drain me all day for a cut of the buff money ....

Hope this doesnt go thru ...

Cheers,
    Sepaku
    141 Atrox Fixer

This would indeed be a huge waste of time and resourses that could go to something more valuable in terms of gameplay.

And as far as traders in pvp. Get over it. Traders are NOT the most uber in pvp. They can kill the same classes that any other class that actually works in pvp can.

At high levels traders are killed by:

Just about always:

Enforcer
    Agent
    GA4 Fixer at full Defence

Killed often by:

Doc at full defence
    Soldier
    MP

Hell, even sometimes by:

NT (YES NT)

People base their "TRADERS ARE SO UBER" ideas on the first time they got deprived in pvp when they were messing around and didn't have a backup speedbar.

And I don't play a trader thanks.

Anyway, I know this thread wasn't about the pvp side originally. It just turned into a "NERF EM! WHO CARES" thread.
    well now I've got
    some advice for you little buddy
    before you point the finger
    you should know that I'm the man
    and if I'm the man, then you're the man
    and he's the man as well so you
    can point that f***in' finger up your a** - Tool

when I give a wrangle, some of my skills go negative, giving someone skills i don't really have....

it's an ignorant idea from someone who apparently needs a real job to do. Like, go clean toilets or something at least you'll be earning your pay

Unhappy

Do you think there might be a department at Funcom call "People who think up stupid things so we keep them on the payroll"? It doesn't semm like they are lifting a finger to fix things like black doors, rubber banding, etc, ect,,,so I would like to take this opportunity to lift a finger to Funcom (the middle one).

Arrow Wel...

Although i see no point or reason behind 'nerfing' PvM Drains i do however see a point in 'Halfing' or setting a hard cap based on the skills of the Enemy for how much Drains can actually drain, or make them alot harder to land.

Im an MA, yes gimped in PvP, yes at 1k Ma skill we have a wepaon that is 68-250(500) w00t! When Drained by a trader (was doing some test) i will hit for a max of 60 damage EVERY hit No more, no less (Depeding on Acs, reflects, shields obviusly but no more than 100 a hit MAX!) This is just outrageous, is that right ? No, not only that i have to use HEals i was using in TL2, even my best heal 500-1000 1/8 isnt enough never mind 200 Heals.

PvM, no dont touch them waste of time (and i dont even get wrangles). PvP osmething needs to be odne IMO, ive played Trader (to an extent), but Trying to beat one in PvP with the calls thats supposed to be "The best raw damage dealer in the game" is impossible and TBH Corruscationg Screen (Enf 60 Dmage Shield) OUtdamges me.

IN fact as part of the tests it was me 151 Vs 164 Enf (its been done before wanted to confirm tho), The Enf sod thier self buffed Yes you heard me right STOOD THIER doing nothing. I gave it all i had, I had to heal because i wat at 50% hp before She even was at 80% WITHOUT them attacking. IM htting a non hitting target and IM healing Myself. Her qb will go thru me in 4 hits easily.

-Internalfire (WWK, Howling Bow, MA Fix kthxbye)

Traders need an AOE deprive that takes skill from a number of opponents adds them all up and gives them a HUGE attack rating , right around 4 to 5k orso. Sorely needed for PVP

In all seriousness if FC is worried about drains on level 1 mobs to equip or to cast a wrangle then they have way too much time on thier hands. If you have alot of freinds this change is not a problem. If you are new to the game or server and dont know alot of peeps then you are outta luck.

I think the more serious problem with drains is in PvP more for some professions than others. 14.2 made traders way too powerful.

Take it easy

/sarcasm on

another brilliant idea from Funcom..

/sarcasm off
    Last edited by Hodaka; Jan 14th, 2003 at 20:15:29.

While nerfing the traders may appeaze the masses, I too think it is a waste of time.

There are a few things that need attention badly in this game...

The game needs help in the rubberbanding department. I'm sick of sneaking 200m only to get warped back to where I started from. I'm sick of going through a mission and being stuck in one particular room because no matter where I go, I get rubberbanded back to that room.

The game needs help in the lag/sync/blackhole department. "Waiting for previous nanoprogram to finish." "Please wait for previous attack to end." Nuff said.

The game needs to be rid of Crowd Control. I don't need to say anymore on that.

The game needs a reload button. "Action failed: Weapon out of ammo". **** that message already. How damn hard is it to make a BUTTON for a function that is already there?

The game needs to be rid of those stupid barbaric signs that read "Drill Notum". NW has been out long enough that advertising in-game is pointless.

The game needs its weapon selection cleaned up and balanced out. I'm sick of seeing 30 different kinds of <insert weapon category here> and knowing that only 2 or 3 of them are any good. I'd rather have to pick between 10 or 15 different <insert weapon category here> that were all equally good.

There's more....there always is....
    .: Naraya :.

An MA want's traders drains nerfed because the trader can beat them in pvp?

Who can't beat an MA in pvp now a days?
    well now I've got

Arrow WTF!?

Errr now.

Did I say "I cant beat traders on my Ma, Nerf them" HELL NO.

I was giving an example to how overpowered Drains are in PvP, if you were playing against a trader and he drained you so you couldnt hit for more than 60 point of dmage a hit im sure youd want thier power reduced.

Your god damn ignorant and dont ******* Read. Jesus, im not crying nerf im backing up my comments with in game examples "proof" if you will. Which i dont see you doing.

-Internalfire

How should we judge a classes "nerf factor" ?

By how many classes they can kill?
    By how many players of certain classes complain?
    By one pathetic MA's cry's of nerf just because she got owned?

Internalfire, you said in your own post that the enforcer was far more powerfull than the trader.

If you'll pay attention to what's going on in high level pvp you'll find that since the crit nerf and the introduction of new weapons to the game the trader is not even in the top 5 pvp proffesions. Let alone the top 3. (Talking about high levels)

If drains are halved in pvp then traders will be as sucky as MA's are now. Do you find some kind of justice in this? Some personal score settled because you wont be the worst possible pvp class anymore?

And for those who think that traders should suck in pvp totally then they should nerf them after there are some tradeskills that are actually worth a #$%@. This is a pvp game. Everyone should have a piece of the action. With drains halved the Squishy trader will be absolutely worthless in pvp. At high levels it's mostly just the first deprive that ever gets landed. So you want traders to only be able to drain 100 points? If that's the case they will be able to OE NO ONE. And EVERYONE with decent NR will CRUSH them.

I wan't MA's fixed more than anyone. I think it was complete Bull#$%3 what they did to MA's and anyone else who had build their characters around crits.

But goddamn... You want traders nerfed when soldiers can kill you in one weapon swap, enforcers can kill you in three hits, fixers can't be hit at all by most classes, Agents can 40% you three times in a row, and doctors can heal away a goddamn attomic blast?
    well now I've got

Instead of crying nerf against them, the boards I frequent beyond here discuss strategies on how to kill them. Novel idea eh?

Angry

Some people need to stop whining and make themselves useful. If you hate traders so much then actually be productive and do something with your gimp character (i.e. actually *learn* to play your character well in pvp, traders are not the best).

The Trader name says it all, they trade skills. To take that away Fubarcom better replace it with an equally promissing nano line up (since the rest of the nanos pretty much suck besides the Mezzes).

Originally posted by SirAronar
    Yes, just what we need, pets that randomly get locked into the ceiling.

In subway missions ----> They already do.

On a side note I play an NT and an MP drains are very painful to both, at least as an MP I may have a chance to use nanoshutdown before the 1st drain of the ladder hits.

Drains & Tradeskills buff define the Trader profession, to remove or reduce the drain aspect of thier class definition will make them into petless Engineers. IMHO a bad thing for Traders.
    Last edited by Milina; Jan 17th, 2003 at 06:01:24.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12