Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Trader wrangle nerf?

Possible Trader wrangle nerf?

In community corner CZ made a comment to the effect that the only Trader nerf under consideration was to possibly make it so they couldn't drain low level MOBs for points they wouldn't likely even have. Why in the name of all that's holy would FC even consider such a thing? One of the few things that Traders are loved by most all classes are for their wrangles, which such FC do such a thing become much harder to give out. This would no doubt result in Traders either not doing them, or charging much more. Does FC think this will help the perception of Traders any? Yeesh, I hope it was just some dumb idea some dev tossed out that is not being seriously considered. But with FC, sometimes it's hard to tell.

oh no! so horrible!
    Obit lvl 218 Soldier (Field Marshal)

It's just stupid actually. Not good or bad, just unnecessary and something nobody asked for.

MOBs abilities are not based upon actual skills, but "innate abilities". This is why nanoshutdown, dominate, ransaak, etc, does not effect a MOB's abilities.

So with that in mind, why shouldn't traders be able to drain a jabillion skill points? If funcom is going to bend the rules, then I would like nanoshutdown to work on *all* mobs.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

OK this idea has surfaced on Agent Sector ..

Decklen wrote:

What they should do is just halve the effects of ransack/deprive on PVP targets... Like our damage.

<moo Clan>

Simple and keeps all the non PvP uses for deprive etc around without having to go and mission/hunt uber mobs.
    Promoo - Agent, Clan on Rimor
    Still alive but now dressed in spandex and called Big Gun in CoH
    Keeper Of Tiggy

Happy Tree Friends - The best animation on the web

wouldn't ya'll rather see FC use their time working on something more useful ? say, something like fixing pet pathing or the warping in missions or ma's in pvp problem?

instead i see them spending time on stupid things like trader drains on lvl 1 mobs, or stupid ass comercials that add absolutely nothing to the game.

this is not only a really dumb idea, it is a total waste of time.

Originally posted by garzini

...say, something like fixing pet pathing or the warping in missions ....

just a idea.. dunno if it works but should ...

if u press "F8" u get another(outside-)view of ur character .
    And if the position of ur camera is behind a wall
    or a building u cant see ur char , (within 2seks)automatically u get a new view(and position of the cam) so that u are always able to see urchar.

why dont they implement this to petwarping? if ur pet cant see u it will automatically move to a position to see u (and u see ur pet).
    u will never lose the view to ur pet.
    Last edited by Myself; Jan 9th, 2003 at 12:07:29.
    /tell Oezcan

erm, have you seen some of the screwy things the camera does, especially in subway missions? I wouldn't advise asking funcom to base pet pathing on this, or your pets might end up doing even stranger things than they are now hehe

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Yes, just what we need, pets that randomly get locked into the ceiling.

I don't get it, to me this sounds like good news. If the ONLY nerf they are thinking about hitting traders with is making you have to drain a guard instead of a leet for skill, that's like saying Funcom has no plans to nerf you in any signifigant way. That's like a green light to level!

Sure no one asked for it, sure it doesn't really even make a difference in PVP except in places like MMD and the ultra low tower war areas. But hell this is no serious nerf. The only better news you could have got was that the only nurf traders would get is to the brain swap (charm) line and that level checks would be implimented for them.

frankly i think this is uncalled for.

it will make wrangles even rarer thats all there is to it.

it eliminates the lvl below 120ish traders from helping out basically while not addressing the true reason people cried for a nerf of drains - pvp.

hey, i have no problem if drains are tied with a percentage in pvp so that you cannot drain a char below a certain percentage of their total skill but to nerf the buffing/equipping status drains have will hurt ... just take a look at the newly introduced nanoformulas which cry out for meta AND trader buffs to be cast.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

just remove drains

OK JUST KIDDING, no flames =)
    Neophyte Sun "Okkra" Tzu
    Fresman Sacre "Norange" Bleu
    Apprentice Deus "Chillout" Vult

Server First: Level 200 Shade kill.

Thanks for stealing all my tradeable phatz.

Easy work-around, go to 0% zone(arena, gangkers tehre though ..) and have the trader drain a 3d character. I mean, those things only last for 2 mins, even less with the anti-virus kit. Really, this would be the most stupid "fix" I've seen so far.
    Becky "Cenelia" Schatz and equipment
    Picture drawn by MrFli

[Clan OOC]Azzreal: ok all pay attention. Qwazeech and cen are now elevated to god (and godess) status

Douglas Adams: "I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry didn't even foresee that the century was going to end"

/)(X.(>_x)(\<) bunnies shouldnt play with blenders
    disclaimer: bunny was not hurt permanently thanks to my divine powers

did you cuddle a leet today?

ya'll have missed my point above. not that this is good or bad, but WHY CAN'T THEY DO SOMETHING IMPORTANT !

i mean god dammit, who cares if i can drain 204 pts of skill from a lvl one leet. why not fix something that actually affects gameplay for christ's sake !

i have been playing for over a year, and for over a year pet pathing is horrible. screw the leets, fix the god dam pets.

ma's suck in pvp, lets' get a real solution to that as well. why are these asses working on trader drains on a friggin leet when they should be making the game more enjoyable for those of us that suffer. and if you think not everyone suffers then do a mission and warp a dozen times back 10 rooms and wait for the black doors to dissappear.

quit wasting time programming for stupid **** and spend that time productively fixing all the problems !

if you can no longer drain a leet

to pump your skills then this will indeed affect gameplay.

it will basically kill oe and pet summoning from new to medium level ranges because you will have to search for a badass trader to get your wrangles.

gone now. byebye.

If they did that to wrangles they would have to do it to nanos across the boards, all professions!

If I drain a leet using Divest (advanced) then that leets skills will be in the negatives so to speak. So then all other debuffs shouldnt be allowed to send someone or a mob into the negatives skill wise, like init debuffs and so on.

Just a thought correct me if im wrong.

Jagdtyger
    Vampiira

/me smirks malignantly

Goddam you nerf cryers out there! Here is your "Nerf Traders" cry right back at ya:

"100+ wrangle? Sure, lets go to Mort so I can drain. Oh, and I almost forgot: 2M upfront pls"

Nobody saw that comming! Now I hope ppl will shuddap and employ themselves in other things than nerfcrying.

Oh, and did I say that I really REALLY hope this 'nerf' goes through?
    Last edited by Killerdoc; Jan 11th, 2003 at 00:55:48.
    "Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

well

i have no beef if they limit a drain in pvp ... so that it ties to the general skill of the person drained and you cant be drained beyond a certain maximum...

say a percentage of your skill or a fixed amount (15 at tl 1 or something like that).

i think the trader is well balanced for pvm now ... it is just the pvp part that throws the profession off track.

i mean even one drain will throw you back a full title cap.

that is crazy powerfull and of course hell to balance out.

gone now. byebye.

What they should do is just halve the effects of ransack/deprive on PVP targets... Like our damage.

<moo Clan>

Simple and keeps all the non PvP uses for deprive etc around without having to go and mission/hunt uber mobs.

heres another idea.

Just get rid of trades altogether, well stand around in various places of the cities and just hand out buffs ( Wait we do that already)
    Just make a wrangle store, you go in, pay some creds and you get a wrangle
    Why not? FC nerfed the hell out of traders as it is
    God told me to make a chicken salad sandwich for lunch, and I did, and all rejoiced

Trader Exam MKII Passed
    My Stuff

Remember kids, Omlets are best when fried and served with a side xp%

If that happens then I want Heals halved, Reflect shields halved, NR fixed and init debuffs halved.

Changing one thing breaks a hundred others. Fix the REALLY important stuff first. Like adding some GODDAMN CONTENT!!!!

( /me been at BS all day and is bored to death )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast