Thread: Access for defenders

Access for defenders

This is a reply I posted to another thread, but I would like to bring up access issue separately to see if there is any feedback....

One issue for defenders is getting to the location, those in the org that owns towers have quick access but for many locations it requires a long trip often involving several zones in grid/whompa/area which to means lots of "I CRASHED" messages in chat. It seems reasonable that certain zones should be harder to get to and those generally have the higher level bases. FC gave fixers the team fixer grid option in all likelyhood it is intended that to be a class feature for base defense but honestly fixers are already being hounded for NCU buffs also requiring them to be in a team. The attackers have element of surprise so even with good organization, unless you have a defense force just sitting on their ass waiting to be deployed, timing conflicts make it difficult to expect everyone to get the free ride. Fixers (and really every class) are also key to the battle and leaving one waiting at the grid to give access is a waste. FC has made this in some ways too realistic in concept, as a real military force would have troops on alert and ready for immediate deployment, this is ridiculous in a game. Already hard enough to keep up interest in game especially high level.

I don't know what the answer to this issue may be; maybe offering an access point to controller menu for side only defenders that opens only when a base in under attack. Maybe could be worked out so that if teamed with someone from defending org the grid point to controller would allow for access to that base, allowing guild members who may not be of level to aid in defense, either too high or low, to provide access. Really I do not know. Only other way is offering grid access to all playfields at all times, maybe with 3rd tier grid comp lit reqs so it is still access requiring some skill. But currently with server and client instability combined with simple fact that defenders are already generally occupied elsewhere gathering a strong defense is difficult.

Oh, also is good point Hypos about notification of attacks being way too inadequate, late messages are a big issue as well as only notifying top position in guild of "all towers" attacks. I feel all members of one side should have option to be alerted if any bases on their side of conflict are threatened, in the state of technology suggested in this game that would be most likely to occur. Maybe leave notification of leaders only about all actions offensive and defensive since that would make sense that everyone would not necessarily know of them.

Great Idea, I vote for the team idea.. Allow a whole team to be transported to the controller from the exit menu as long as the team has a member of the guild in it that is being attacked.
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

A lot of people have posted that we need an alliances system for determining who is and isn't friendly at land control wars. Perhaps something like this could be part of it.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops