Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: >> Tank's tweaking <<

Heh, I sort of meant that. I just worded it extrodinarily poorly.

AC is not very important at high levels, I agree. What I meant is that tank armor + elite, or a battle suit should give enough ac to MAKE it useful. It shouldn't be a matter of MK shield, reflect bracers, and reasonably good dodges... it should boil down to those also, but the formula should rely a lot on AC too...

I'd like to see AC more around 10000 at higher levels honestly... cutting 1k off each hit might actually be useful. Maybe even larger.

what are your evades like? I haven't come across very much capable of hitting me for 1k and my AC's are only 4k.

Most of the time I'm getting hit for 300's and I'm a Doctor with Dark Blue evades to melee, ranged and duck. (This is vs level 220-180 mobs)
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

Huh, really? I'll have to dump more into evades I guess ;-D. They aren't great, but I always figured of them as more of a measure of avoiding crits than anything.

I love you guys negative nanopool for using nanocloak.

Better AC and negative evades for tank armour.

If that is a serious idea you will make nanomages wear tank armour especially the ones that uses pets and things will get screwed, i realize that it was just a suggestion but its damn hard to find the balance.

Why not add to nanopool for nanocloak and drop AC:s.

Tank could have great AC and negative nanopool that would reflect the purpose of the item far better.

Cause you have to realize that someone manufactures these things to sell, make a profit and fit a purpose they dont produce merchandize to fit a gamer community that wants most things to fit in their world.

Originally posted by Giganti
    Huh, really? I'll have to dump more into evades I guess ;-D. They aren't great, but I always figured of them as more of a measure of avoiding crits than anything.
    Hence why your taking about x3 more damage than me, your getting critted all the time.

Bump, tank and coats should have different pros and cons! I'm sick of seeing the same coats around, and if you can add more variety of coats (IE ones that don't look like a skirt, and only cover the chest/sleeve area 'like a coat' ).

MAKE IT HAPPEN PLEASE!
    Rookie Reno Renegede Raines
    The Madquack
    Enshroud yourself in darkness to escape the fear.
    Various others 176 Enf, 160 Fixer, 150 MP, 140 Agent, 130 Soldier

Exclamation

Ill bump this ;p
    get rid o tank armor negative effects!!
    dam dresses..... i want steel!!

Actually, I take more damage when NOT critted. My crits are far higher. I think more that the damage reduction effect of evades is severely helping you... the issue is still having high evades, but the crits aren't the problem, so much as the normal shots.

Remove enforcer nf's Mongo, Challenger, Essence and problem solved

Wink I agree

I am MA and i understande my big and bully enforcer brothers .

I think tank armor should have much grater AC compare to other back armor plus as a bonus should have built in reflecrion shields, for god sake this is tank armor the whole purpose of this armor is to make user of this armor just like a little fortress...

I would leave neggative bonnuses (reduce nano casting neggative effect) and would add some other things. Like you can weild some equipement to that armor like a bigger gun or a massive buzzsaw ...

As for MAs i would really like to see a coat which would help MAs. This is kinda strange to see everyone wearing same coats...

Oh well, i hope my big friends would get some kind of a decent armor.

And all those nano casting whiners go AWAY, if you do PvP you are not suppose to win one on one against soldiers, enforcers and MAs but thanks to your whining now we are just big piles of meat trying to survive against nano casters...

Thumbs up hm.

Hm...

Tank armor should also increase critting ability by a small amount.
    Since u're heavy, your recoil is lessened, thus you are more accurate, and would be more able to hit a vital part.

Also Battle suits should have the highest AC's because it covers all! It should also have a crit increase, more than the tank, because obviously, it's the heaviest, so it would have power behind it.

You would have to choose between speed or power, etc...

Not every item has to be uber. God knows how many slot there are on your being, all those slots should add some kind of modifier to your self to = one large modifier.

Not one backpack that adds 100 to init or a cloak that adds as much as another piece of body armor. Little stuff that makes you smile when you put it on, not some whopping increase that is a must have for all active players! (coats)

Gentle stats, not dominating
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

Originally posted by Giganti
    Actually, I take more damage when NOT critted. My crits are far higher. I think more that the damage reduction effect of evades is severely helping you... the issue is still having high evades, but the crits aren't the problem, so much as the normal shots.
    There is more than one level of Crit. You can basically be double or triple critted.

A similar thing happens when you crit, you may notice the occassional bigger than normal crit on a mob.

what level are your evades at? what is your current level? and what types of mobs are doing this to you?

I'm 92, fighting veterans (they're what, 140-150ish?) and my evades are not nearly in line of a 140-150 to put it simple... they're around 260 I think. I know I need more... but wasn't aware I was possibly being triple crit...

Will dump a few levels into evades and see if it helps... it can't hurt.

260 isn't too bad, mine are around 450.

Vets are in the 150-200 bracket.

Also (and this I'm not 100% positive about) funcom aparently put some kind of mod in where it takes into account the level differental about 3 months ago?

This was to make mobs that are green or grey to you hit for less than they would normally do and that Orange or Reds would hit for more.

If you went extreame grey or extreme red the difference would be more noticable.

I'm not sure if thats playing a part or not.

Either way eventually your going to max all of your evades (duck, melee and ranged).

Also note that duck is used by certain mobs like some MA's and gun mobs.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Ah, cool, thanks. Prolly has a lot to do with them being 150-200 and me being 92, hehe

And Ill work up those evades

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123