Thread: Mobs/parry

Mobs/parry

I haven't played my adv for awhile, but recently started playing her again(lvl 94)... Here is my beef, I weild swords and the parry vs mobs is a bit ridiculous.. I mean I have had a mob parry me 6-8 times in a row.. I really like playing her because of the sword aspect, but at this rate FC is going to force me to respec to pistols.. I wouldn't mind so much if it was a bit more like players such as an engi or crat won't have as high of parry as probably a MA, or enf., but when pet class mobs parry that much it is not reasonable.. I mean only until 150+ did my crat have alot of extra IPs to spend in other places.. Does anyone else have an issue with this or do most adv now wield pistols?

lvl 180 1.4K attackrating, 100% agg/def, and some 205ish real mean mobs parry 70% of my attacks. Thats just silly. Something is broken.

Just recently started to team again after a tower break. Can't remember it was ths bad in November. Or in june when we did +QL200 missions for a change of things (lvl 150ish at the time).

Parry is known to be broken at te moment. For example, a MOB with a gun shouldn't parry you *at all*... whether next patch will fix this or not - your guess is as good as mine.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

"lvl 180 1.4k attack rating"

Adventurers can get 1.4 attack rating? ....sigh... 199 ma and the best I can do is 1220!
    ./me goes back to MA forum to find other bitter people to hang out with

i think the most annoying parries

besides them parrying arrows are when they parry your dimach and sneak attacks.

*scratch head*

does not make to much sense to me to parry a backstab.

i have fewer problems to accept that a dimach can be parried then a sneak attack, an attack that catches you by definition when you are unaware of it - however dimach is weak enough to warrant a special ruleset as well.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Marshrike: Then part of the MA problem is right there.

Get Sabre from an adv, and your closing in on 1.3, and there is probably AR increasing items for MAs too.

1.4 is with Tara loot, the 30/2minute attack boost, FoB and CF: Sabre. My base weapon skill is 1K.

Even with a Crat boosting my attack rating, parry is a real problem in PvM atm.