Thread: Face it Mas Blow

Angry Face it Mas Blow

MAs dont do as much damage as there so post to

Yes at low lvl they own but at higher lvl they do not

They need to uder they need bring back fear of pvping give them something,helps them out

Pvp there totally gimped last update

and have no future in pvp thats wrong should be balience in all 12 in pvp
    called fair play

make 3 classes rock the others suck

MA damage has not been effected in PvM. Crit chance and whatnot were left alone. I do plenty of damage in PvM, especially when I get 3+ crits in a row. You might be gimped or something. Look in to that.

As for PvP, yes we're kinda screwed... get a bow, that'll help.

edit: High level? According to your other post you're level 80. That's not high level by anyone's standards. 130 or 150+ is high level.
    Last edited by Intenseheat; Jan 9th, 2003 at 05:17:38.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Originally posted by Intenseheat
    MA damage has not been effected in PvM. Crit chance and whatnot were left alone. I do plenty of damage in PvM, especially when I get 3+ crits in a row. You might be gimped or something. Look in to that.
    Yep ma damage in pvm is still good. Other professions got a lot closer or maybe even slightly surpass us though. (Scrap the slightly btw if you aren't an ma twinked for dealing damage with items FC wants to take away from us like a llts)

Originally posted by Intenseheat

As for PvP, yes we're kinda screwed... get a bow, that'll help.
    Let's not go into that.... /me cries

Is my IP management really that bad? I find I don't get enough IP to spend in bows, let alone all the other Nano skills I need.
    Ah well, I'll survive (just won't do PvP, doesn't bother me)
    I must warn you that I fight very dirty, I spit and fart and soil myself

Me

"Sings we a dances of Wolves
    Who smells fear and slays the coward

Sings we a dances of Mans
    Who smells Gold and slays his brother"

my ma owns at lvl 74 he can outdamage pretty much anyone PvM

i weild 2claws so i really never stop attacking

that also gives me 3chances to crit and when i use flurry and awsome brawls omg i can take a mob out in a blink of an eye i tell u

you must not be playing your ma right cuz they are definitely one of the most damaging classes in PvM

i crit like a mad man and all im using is a 4% ve scope and subg
    Originally posted by Wrangeline

You can dip ure cookie in my chocolate milk anytime

I got yer cookie baby come and get it

my ma owns at lvl 74 he can outdamage pretty much anyone PvM

i weild 2claws so i really never stop attacking

that also gives me 3chances to crit and when i use flurry and awsome brawls omg i can take a mob out in a blink of an eye i tell u

you must not be playing your ma right cuz they are definitely one of the most damaging classes in PvM

i crit like a mad man and all im using is a 4% ve scope and subg
    The sad part is that from lvl 125 to 150 you do the same dmg, as claws = teh suq then and you are allready caped on your Martial Arts skill. you cant really tell in most cases if your profession starts to stink untill you get up to the 125 cap and beyond as that defines how your end game will be. unless ofcourse you intend on staying 74 for the rest of his life.

Another note is that on lvl 70 trough 90s my Phix0r outdamaged a twinked MA friend of mine in PvM all the time. though as it was with traders before, you shouldnt really compare proffs against fixers these days
    Last edited by Lumin; Jan 9th, 2003 at 21:27:10.
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

Originally posted by Xed LRK
    Is my IP management really that bad? I find I don't get enough IP to spend in bows, let alone all the other Nano skills I need.
    Ah well, I'll survive (just won't do PvP, doesn't bother me)
    You're currently at a stage where you do struggle for ip. Best I can recomend is going with one Claw if you can manage and Blessed with Thunder MA attack if you can spare it for an alpha per say. Dont worry about a Bow till you hit 100.
    Sure some people can twink but not everyone has the knowledge or uber gear to make this feasible.
    Just make getting lvl 100 your end goal for now and have fun.

P.S. I would not recomend dumping any IP for AC nano's they suck and use to much NCU anyway. Most high lvl MA's use extra IP so they can cast Cohort which takes like 5 ncu if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by Kumiyo; Jan 9th, 2003 at 21:25:47.

MA is one of the top 3 professions in PvM.

And MA is one of the bottem 3 professions in PvP.

you MAs who are whining you aren't good enough in PvM are just crazy. Yes MAs do need to be fixed in PvP some but PvP is still a very small fraction of the game. The priority should be balancing PvM better where 95+% of the gameplay takes place.

No one argues that MAs blow in PvP because they do. But there are many other profs who have bigger problems then that which should have been fixed long ago which haven't i'd like to see those problems addressed before they work on the MA problem

MAs are still the MOST played prof in the game so they obviously aren't nearly as gimped as alot of people try and let on.

3 least played profs??
    1.crats
    2.engies
    3.MPs

Think its just a coincidence that all 3 are pet profs?? and that there are almost as many people playing MAs actively as all 3 of those profs combined? (16% for those 3 13.3% for MAs)

Originally posted by KrazyKanuck
    MA is one of the top 3 professions in PvM.

And MA is one of the bottem 3 professions in PvP.

you MAs who are whining you aren't good enough in PvM are just crazy. Yes MAs do need to be fixed in PvP some but PvP is still a very small fraction of the game. The priority should be balancing PvM better where 95+% of the gameplay takes place.

No one argues that MAs blow in PvP because they do. But there are many other profs who have bigger problems then that which should have been fixed long ago which haven't i'd like to see those problems addressed before they work on the MA problem

MAs are still the MOST played prof in the game so they obviously aren't nearly as gimped as alot of people try and let on.

3 least played profs??
    1.crats
    2.engies
    3.MPs

Think its just a coincidence that all 3 are pet profs?? and that there are almost as many people playing MAs actively as all 3 of those profs combined? (16% for those 3 13.3% for MAs)

At higher lvls pvp is not only 5% of the game. And there is something called Notum Wars, where pvp is a major fraction.
    I didn`t bought it, I never will buy it.

So many people claims that MAs arent that gimped and we still do very good in pvm. Yes, MAs do very good in pvm, unless there are higher lvl mobs, like lvl 230-240+. My last team mission, I hardly had aggro at all, so we are not gods there anymore.

There is a reason high lvl MAs quit this game. I have used 135 days of playtime to get my MA to 200. 11january is my last day, not only because we got nerfed, but mainly cause FC wont give any feedback on any solutions they may have to fix us. FC thinks its more important to fix the NCU-buffs then dealing with MAs problems.

I have deleted all my alts except my 73 fixer, which I play now and then until my pay-period is expired. It is fun, and I could lvl him and try to pvp, but my fixer is not my main.

My main is and allways will be my MA.

Originally posted by Uglyy

At higher lvls pvp is not only 5% of the game. And there is something called Notum Wars, where pvp is a major fraction.
    I didn`t bought it, I never will buy it.

So many people claims that MAs arent that gimped and we still do very good in pvm. Yes, MAs do very good in pvm, unless there are higher lvl mobs, like lvl 230-240+. My last team mission, I hardly had aggro at all, so we are not gods there anymore.

There is a reason high lvl MAs quit this game. I have used 135 days of playtime to get my MA to 200. 11january is my last day, not only because we got nerfed, but mainly cause FC wont give any feedback on any solutions they may have to fix us. FC thinks its more important to fix the NCU-buffs then dealing with MAs problems.

I have deleted all my alts except my 73 fixer, which I play now and then until my pay-period is expired. It is fun, and I could lvl him and try to pvp, but my fixer is not my main.

My main is and allways will be my MA.
    PvP might be 95% of the game for a level 200 player, but what about those people that ain't level 200? And how many are there of them compared to the higher levels.

Does it suck that the PvP crit damage change had the side effect of nerfing MAs? Yes it does. But for the majority of the playerbase, PvP is not the majority of their playtime. And while Funcom has a responsibility to undo the damage done to the MA in PvP, they have a responsibility as well to the other professions and their issues. My Trader is almost exactly the same as he was at release (minus the nerf damage) because we were functional for the majority of our play time while others were not. If you can't deal with the fact that there may be other priorities as important, if not more, than MAs (can anyone say "Engineer"?) then what are you going to do when faced with the same situation elsewhere?

Verant hasn't been able to satisfy every class in EQ at the same time, even with Sony Online Entertainment's coffers and vast resources behind them. Nor has Turbine with Satan's Playground...erm, I mean Microsoft behind them. So, where are you going to go? I'd like to know because I'd go there myself. But I was told the only perfect state of existance is perfectly dead. And I'm in no rush to get there
    Last edited by Kuroshio; Jan 10th, 2003 at 08:21:01.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

a MA owns against yellow or lower mobs... against orange or red we get evaded and parried over 50% against red mobs its over 90%..
    In pvp we cant do nothing.. 1 AS aint enough too kill a opponent
    We are now MoP buffing cannon fodder.. and that is not what we are supposed too be, so i have made a enforcer while waiting and hes lvl 147 atm.. when Funcom get their butts out of the coffeeroom i will have gotten lvl 200
    My lvl 147 enforcer have more hp more nano do more damage and got more run speed then my MA.. tho my MA got better evades but that is all..
    So now what ? will i ever go back too my MA? dont know.. depeneds on how good they fix us
    Over and out
    Picture of me in real life
    -Honing är gott-

Angry

To give you an idea on how broken MA damage is, I was parried today by a red mob 9 times in a row, and he was shooting a gun... yes a gun, and he parried me. Now, you try and say that we're not broken now in some shape or fashion

MAs Whining ..

I've never known MAs to be especially bad. From what I remember, you were far too good, so you got nerfed a little, but that made you all so bloodlusty you soon got a bit better again.

Well, okay .. So, maybe you do have a hard time PvP. It could be worse. With an MA, one can race all the way to higher level if you keep okay implants and okay armor. You're definetly one of the best at pvm and, I'm quite sure, quickest class to work up solo.

I mean, there are other professions who are having a harder time of it than you MAs. I suggest those of you who haven't tried yet, try making an alt who's something else like an agent or soldier.
    Last edited by Didymus; Jan 17th, 2003 at 09:38:04.