Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: EQB = Full Damage = BS

Originally posted by Seraphael

Then what? Run? No one outruns an enforcer in pvp, I'd just die tired

In a game that is almost purely about combat, balance between professions is needed. The EQB tips the scale too much in favour of a profession that already was among the very best prior to its introduction.
    Heh, and combine that with the fact that melee hits while running, and you got a pretty lethal combination.

Yea I really wish I could shoot while running. Why cant we shoot while running anyway... o_O?

well...when i fight even a QB enf...if i don't tms the second the battle starts i stand no chance. the only way i'd EVER kill an enf is if i get lucky with a really huge burst/fling/fa with FP and a huge AS...getting hit for 500-900 with TMS on...is just craaaazy.

to put it another way...no one i've fought has a reg dmg of 500-900, and enfs hit that with my tms on:/
    Last edited by Dooomiz; Jan 9th, 2003 at 15:26:25.

Originally posted by Insida
    Yea I really wish I could shoot while running. Why cant we shoot while running anyway... o_O?
    only gun i know that you can shoot while running is with a River series 6.
    Originally posted by Knasbollen

m000

Originally posted by Dooomiz
    well...when i fight even a QB enf...if i don't tms the second the battle starts i stand no chance. the only way i'd EVER kill an enf is if i get with one of these things is get lucky with a really huge burst/fling/fa with FP and a huge AS...getting hit for 500-900 with TMS on...is just craaaazy.

to put it another way...no one i've fought has a reg dmg of 500-900, and enfs hit that with my tms on:/
    yeah ive said it before : ) ive fought QBand EQB enfs alot in duels and they consistantly hit for alot more damage through TMS + 7% chem bracer and 7% melee bracer then a martial artists does through only RRFE.

thats insane. and its also true that i can beat one under the right circumstances. takes some really good timing and abit of luck.

need to Aimed shot And get TMS up before he whacks you for 2k, or else you wont have enough HP to last the duration of TMS. so you need a 3-5k AS then TMS up without a loss of too many HP.

then u need at least a 4k Full auto and 500-1k Burst. then the enf is low on HP and is forced to layer and stuff..

then when he is at 30% HP and you are at nearly full with 82% reflect.. then you stand a chance for the rest of the match : )
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

bah, can't you whiny nerf callers at least keep your nerf spam down to one thread per topic? There's already a "nerf the eqb's" thread in this forum, go fill that one up with your crap.

edit for nothingman:
    Last edited by Sredni; Jan 9th, 2003 at 07:04:57.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Originally posted by Sredni
    bah, can't you whiny nerf callers at least keep your nerf spam down to one thread per topic? There's already a "nerf the eqb's" thread in this forum, go fill that one up with your crap.
    stop bumping it then : P

im not calling nerf personally not at all, just sharing my experiences.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

hehe next nerf thread.
    insidia-thought u were working on doc nerf:P
    so traders, docs, enfs whos next on u nerf list?

funny how plp want to nerf every1 till their own profession is uber but then enfs will call for nerf

Too late. It's already being nerfed. I agree that in a lot of outdoor battles it's verging on too powerful.

But for the record, it is a really, really bad weapon indoors. Just logged (actually ld'd) from a tara raid going on. I toyed with Spyderv, Stomer2000, Vlaad, and Meatpopsikle for quite a while each. With GSF they chased me through the entire castle, (in Vlaad's case, for literally 15 minutes straight) and I never fell below half hp with just my healpet and rrfe (no healstims, ran out). If they /follow, find some obstruction to stick em on. When they charge, charge directly at them and go through them. In laggy battles they'll have run 20 feet beyond you before the realize, then they'll take another 5 seconds to turn around and start running again (did this back and forth thing in a hallway with vlaad for four passes before he used /follow... then i got him stuck on a pillar). Vlaad eventually ran out of nano and FoB (just wait 'til the little reflection field goes down to tell when Fob's over) and I literally stood directly in front of him for 30 seconds. He hit maybe 3 times, and my healpet (which heals the same as a duel fixer hot) outhealed him. It was a joke. I've never had so much fun at a tara raid before.

The weapon has some hugely glaring weaknesses, the problem is that there are no indoor fields to fight in (camelot's just a joke :P) to exploit the weaknesses. Fight an enf in a forrest with lots of fallen trees to jump over, water to swim through, and rocks to hide behind, and the enf's got nuthin. Too bad those areas don't exist. :\
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Shrug, I am ok with the way EQB now is although if it was up to me, I would make some changes to stop it being 1/1 or near so.

I just think FC made once again one of their small plunders that show their inexperience with game design.

Enforcers were (and rightly so) whining that its hard to keep agro in PvM and as we all know, only real way to get agro in this game is to do lots of damage, do lots of heal or have insanely high taunt (of which none of the current "taunt" nanos have).

Ofcourse they should have gone the way of:

a)

Lowering agro from heals. Would have helped doc's also.

b)

Lowered agro from NT nukes.

c)

Raise agro from "taunt" nanos. I know they know how to do it since there are nanos like Agents Death Gaze that is better taunt nano than anything I have seen on my other characters. I fail maybe 1 out of 100 to get agro with that

BUT ofcourse this would have been 3 things to change, so in usual FC style, lets go where the fence is lowest shall we?

Just add insane damage to weapon to make sure they have nice chances of keeping agro in PvM... problem solved, right?

Since they were so competely immersed on findinag a solution to PvM agro management they forgot that there is another ball game too, called PvP.

Just my guess of what happened

Zarch and da chars

That's exactly what they're nerfing. The weapon was never meant to be 'anywhere near 1/1' so they're changing it to the point where it will not get near 1/1 I guess.

Either they're lying, or it's just a phenominal lack of foresight on their part. Enfs have been getting 2k+ inits for a long-ass while... you'd think one of the devs woulda gone 'oh crap! carry the 4... subtract 5... guys I just figured out the math for inits, and an enf can get the QB to attack at 1/1! that's not good!'

Sorry devs you know I love you, but that one was honest to god stupid.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Originally posted by Zarch

Enforcers were (and rightly so) whining that its hard to keep agro in PvM and as we all know, only real way to get agro in this game is to do lots of damage, do lots of heal or have insanely high taunt (of which none of the current "taunt" nanos have).

Ofcourse they should have gone the way of:

a)

Lowering agro from heals. Would have helped doc's also.

b)

Lowered agro from NT nukes.

c)

Raise agro from "taunt" nanos.

I agree.. multiplying other high-dmg weapons' damage by something like 10 isnt the way to go.. they should either reduce taunting on all nanos that arent meant as taunt nanos anyway and healing, OR they should enhance the aggro made by taunt nanos.. it's as simple as that... as the game is today, more damage to 2he and 2hb weapons do more harm to the game than good..

This is what Happens when they Make a weapon as good as EQB so easy to obtain

Originally posted by []D [] []V[] []D
    yeah MA need a Enemy Warp Spacetime Borealis
    Make it Area nano, not only 1 at the time
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by []D [] []V[] []D
    Hmm. Maybe MA will get uber again once FC gives us our TaeBo line.
    TaeBo line??
    Did i miss something?

Divinecross

Resonance blast (+ pop) = Full damage = BS

Trying to nerf the eqb while you have something as, if not more powerfull yourself = silly

Quit the whining, just play the game.
    Ifnot I already see the next threads comming.

NEF THE AUGMENTEDHELLFURY
    NERRRF THE RESONANCE BLAST
    NERF THE HEAAAAAAAAAAAALING!!!!!!!!!!
    NEERF THE POP
    NERF THE EQB EVEN MOREEEEEEEE
    oh yes, NERF TRADERS@@@@@@ Nerfmeeeee

Rediculous, really. Whining is what really destroyed this game.
    Last edited by Georg; Jan 9th, 2003 at 11:27:04.
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

Healicia - Ragnarok
    BrutalThug - Ragnarok.

It's not evil it's cool! We're not peaceful white people we're cool powerhungry employees!

Originally posted by Supersoly
    I don't have a EQB yet, but QB is good, but its not: "**** I JUST RAPED EVERYONE ON THE BATTLE FIELD I NOW HAVE MAX PVP TITLE, BOW DOWN BEFORE ME N00BS" like everyone thinks it is...

just don't be a dumba** when u fight an enf, don't stand there, in an NT's case, NS2...and if u already used it an can't then yes, you are screwed, but thats like jumping me @ 50% hp, I'd die. I have to fight @ full aggro to be anything near good, so specials beat me bad, 40% AS kinda turns things in your favor I'd say, even without NS2...

QB=overrated by people who die to it
    *reads post, looks back at all the post about GA from Enforcers, tries not to die laughing from the Irony*

sorry to post the whole quote, but I kind of need it

hugs
    lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Yup lilnimph,

Kinda funny indeed!

This stupid nerf calling will get you back eventually...

If divinecross get's it her way in the end, I'll make sure she'll get nerfed too...

And nopes I dont' even play an enfo...

I'm not asking for nerf just saying if your going do full damage on one profession pretty much give it to all.

Insida dont care much for the anti fixer nuke myself. Kinda silly way supposely giving NT's something and calling it a "fix". Usually never can find fixer that cannot grid fast enough anyway.

Just example here we got a lv 200 NT , lv 200 MA on the battlefield waiting for EQB enforcer. NT shots with his weapon does few nanos and enforcer nails the NT down 10% hp within 2 seconds so NT just cast Nullity sphere mk 2. Over here got MA trying to actually do damage on enforcer but finding enforcers's damage shield doing more to him than he doing to to enforcer. Finally Nullity sphere mk 2 drops NT dies second the ns 2 drops. Enforcer finally turns to the MA after figuring out something actually trying do damage to him. MA dies in about 10 seconds. Something just seems wrong when EQB lv 180ish enforcer supposely mow over two lv 200 in few seconds come out with no scratches.

Like said almost like the full damage days so why not give full damage experience to all and not just 2 h edge users.
    Last edited by Divinecross; Jan 9th, 2003 at 20:42:11.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast