Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: EQB = Full Damage = BS

Riokou, you are still a tad lower level to understand fighting a high level soldier when you will have the EQB. From my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) its pretty much a 50/50 fight most of the time, honestly with the edge going to the enforcer who can still hit for 500-700 damage through TMS.

The funny thing is I can take a soldier pretty easy, and surely easier then a enforcer if I get COF off before they TMS. I have stood there while (after the alpha) getting hit with a hellfury and it really isn't all that bad.

I'd say that I can pretty much have a fair chance against anyone, except a doc and an enforcer. so I guess thats just they way it should be. I guess thats how fixers feel when they see a NT now.

But I don't think there is anyoen out there that has a sure chance against a EQB enforcer. Docs can do it but they better make damn sure they don't miss that CH button and soldiers can do it due to great alphas and that lovely TMS.

Hell, the more and more I post here I realize that I can do 2 things at the same time. Realize that the EQB is overpowered and yet not really want it nerfed.

Originally posted by Supersoly

u think your the only one who gets drained/slowed/rooted??

And yes, the NT isn't about direct kills, but I guess you don't care that overall you do the most damage, your a title hugger, and want to show off that pretty farmed title of yours
    First

read the desription again on nt's YES WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT DIRECT KILLS

second

title hugger?

scuse me?

i used to be a novice when i was level 118 , and had lost and gained novice 7 times, since i have been a rookie 3 or 4 and gained apprentice back

i do not hug my title

and let me clarify, i havent gotten a kill in pvp since i can rember including indirect kills with kells and i think its totaly lame that if i dmg somone over and over and over agin and if in the slim chance create enuff dmg to get points from them when somone else finished them off i think that is toatly lame.
    "death comes slowly to those who anticipate it and swiftly to the unconcerned" Richard Pyott

You want a duel?.......Go play chess
    You want honor?......Go serve your country in the military

First pistol crat to reach Chief.

Proud follower of the Mexican Hat Band Cult.

EQB is just too powerfull right now. No tanking profession should outdamage his damagedealer by x2. Its just broken gamedesign. Enjoy that while it lasts.

Originally posted by Hajkster
    Guys and girls, there is really no need to post anything more about it. :P A dev have already answeard that they know the eqb is to overpowered. :P
    Sorry, Haj pal, just have to correct you slightly.

Just a note about the future: QB/EQB/PR are meant to be slow weapons, and not able to get anywhere near 1/1. Sometime in the future (not the near future, however), these weapons will get some limitations placed on them as to how fast they can get.

If you are planning on building your character about being able to get these weapons anywhere near 1/1, don't. They will still be excellent weapons, but not as obscenely powerful as they get at 1/1.
    Blackmane doesn't state that these weapos are TOO powerful....just that it's possible(however briefly) to get them going faster than he intended. So the speed will be nerfed somehow, but the damage per swing will stay the same, it looks like.
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

Originally posted by Snublefot
    EQB is just too powerfull right now. No tanking profession should outdamage his damagedealer by x2. Its just broken gamedesign. Enjoy that while it lasts.
    Dude........if you do the damage, you ARE the Tank. Damage is far and away the best aggro-holding tactic. Yes, including heals. Well, except maybe for debuffs.......those seem to piss the mobs off just as badly as they piss off other players
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

I dont want to take part into this anymore but Enforcers are damage dealers and tanks but they are not the best tank. Thats the big difference between Enfo and Soldiers. Enforcer do more damage than Soldier but wont tank aswell as a Soldier who do less damage. Im talking about PvP here.

Originally posted by Nealandbob

Sorry, Haj pal, just have to correct you slightly.

Blackmane doesn't state that these weapos are TOO powerful....just that it's possible(however briefly) to get them going faster than he intended. So the speed will be nerfed somehow, but the damage per swing will stay the same, it looks like.
    Wasn't blackmane i saw i think that posted that neal. =/ But it was a dev. =P
    Im extremly ok tho. Haven't hopped they would nerf the damage anyway but just the damage over time. =/

Edit: Wrong of me. Could have sworn it was someone else. ;p But the text was what i meant.
    Last edited by Hajkster; Jan 12th, 2003 at 15:48:39.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Originally posted by besheba

First

read the desription again on nt's YES WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT DIRECT KILLS

second

title hugger?

scuse me?

i used to be a novice when i was level 118 , and had lost and gained novice 7 times, since i have been a rookie 3 or 4 and gained apprentice back

i do not hug my title

and let me clarify, i havent gotten a kill in pvp since i can rember including indirect kills with kells and i think its totaly lame that if i dmg somone over and over and over agin and if in the slim chance create enuff dmg to get points from them when somone else finished them off i think that is toatly lame.

Well then your doing something wrong, Gunnandahalf has no problem getting kills in PvP(just using him as an example, I only remeber his 3k FA's on me in Tir arena, way back)...if u can't get direct kills then IPR into that shiny FP & play the game funcom's way...and don't go for classes with high NR, just like I don't got for classes that take a long time to kill....in tower fights, its all about quick kills, get in & out before everyone has time to target u...it normally takes 10+ seconds before anyone notices that their friend is nearly dead, and i u tell me that NT's don't have the capability to do a 10s kill or less, then your lieing
    Supersoly lvl 220 Atrox Enforcer
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA
    Tehsoly lvl 60 Atrox Enforcer

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion

They know EQb is performing better and why is it that ever fixer whines like a little girl that one NT can take his GA away for cripes sake your not forced to wear GA if you think its bad that a NT will take it from you wear a farging real suit of armor

Khamuk its been dicussed to death, you are not bringing in any revelation.
    Please read other posts inform yourself and gain a better understanding.
    Alantria 203 Fixer Squad commander/Recruiter of Eternal Fury

sow as the EQB but your still here arent you

Nealandbob:

Yes if you do enough damage you'll get the aggro and have to tank.

But thats not the same as, "enforcers need to do more damage then everyone to hold aggro". You just cant be the class that can take the most punishment AND deal the most damage. Even a braindead Atrox got to understand that equation... Its simply unbalancing.

If Enforcers had trouble going solo, well then the solution should be to boost the enforcers ability to take damage. Not their ability to take down their target faster. If The enforcer got problems in PvP, the solution should not be to introduce a Uberweapon, it SHOULD be adding to the damage absorption, including a specials absorber like the engies got.

And read the following VERY carefully Nealandbob:

If an enforcer got problems holding aggro, then funcom should fix the taunting abilities of the enforcer so he can hold aggro away from their healer (eg. those keeping the enforcer alive...). If one of the damage dealers in the team manage to steal aggro by dealing damage, then its only their own fault for not managing their damage properly. Its a proved game mechanism.

The enforcer of Pre-QB change, did equal amount of damage as a melee adv and a MA in any team missions. With a MA in team (for crit boost) they usually outdamaged anyone in that team with a beam or stick combo. Right now, the QB outdamage anything by clear margins on anything that takes more then 10 seconds to kill. It just breaks with the core mechanism of any multi class game.

Originally posted by Piercingevil
    Riokou, you are still a tad lower level to understand fighting a high level soldier when you will have the EQB. From my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) its pretty much a 50/50 fight most of the time, honestly with the edge going to the enforcer who can still hit for 500-700 damage through TMS.

The funny thing is I can take a soldier pretty easy, and surely easier then a enforcer if I get COF off before they TMS. I have stood there while (after the alpha) getting hit with a hellfury and it really isn't all that bad.

I'd say that I can pretty much have a fair chance against anyone, except a doc and an enforcer. so I guess thats just they way it should be. I guess thats how fixers feel when they see a NT now.

But I don't think there is anyoen out there that has a sure chance against a EQB enforcer. Docs can do it but they better make damn sure they don't miss that CH button and soldiers can do it due to great alphas and that lovely TMS.

Hell, the more and more I post here I realize that I can do 2 things at the same time. Realize that the EQB is overpowered and yet not really want it nerfed.
    Havent I told you already at primus? This isnt my first experience as an enf. Infacts ive probably played every classes except adv/crat/fixer 170+.

I know how to fights Soldiers, its pretty simple, some of them (for some reason) Go all SQUISHY even with tms up.

Jumped a soldier in mmd, he did tms and he was dead before I even lost a tad of hp. So I stopped and saaid, well ill wait till hes 175 for that soldier gun, hes basically unable to beat me because of a level req on a gun?.

Ive seen Cyboot totally OWN a EQB enf in the arena.
    He didnt even get hurt, he did tms and he was safe.
    He alphad (minus fling?) the enforcer -It was fatcrusher or anikitos-. The enf was dead so easily.

But as ive said with roots, dont believe me then I am willing to test anything with you. So far Ive tried vs a 200 Neophyte Omni soldier, I forgot her name, but every soldiers TMS is the same, it may vary in duration but 160+? They all got the last one, or 170 I dunno but its the same.

Add a bracer and you can deflect a bit more but cmon, all that will differ is maybe AC and HP.

Burst is deadly, and so Is Full auto, Im not going to talk about aimedshot and fling is just (fast attack).

BAM BAM BAM BAM Im almost dead. (I dont care, im glad soldier can do this).

This is in full def with maxed evades, implanted and all.
    Im not doing anything wrong, soldier CAN sometimes and most of the time take anyone hp down to almost death with thier alpha.

Then some classes like doc can heal it all up, but enforcers cannot.

Im ranting too much now but in short. I dont own a EQB, but I have seen it on other enf fighting soldiers and I never see it cut through it. I do how ever own a QB.

I kept rage and challenger running through an entire mission, I have the most attack rating I can get, yet a trader with manex out damages me? QB is not overpowered I can tell you that, and it is slow, Maxed init, implanted and infernal rage. hitting flrry makes it go fast...for a while.

Try one :|

Originally posted by Snublefot

The enforcer of Pre-QB change, did equal amount of damage as a melee adv and a MA in any team missions. With a MA in team (for crit boost) they usually outdamaged anyone in that team with a beam or stick combo. Right now, the QB outdamage anything by clear margins on anything that takes more then 10 seconds to kill. It just breaks with the core mechanism of any multi class game.
    Lies.

Do me a favour, /tell kwikrete and tell him in those two mission who did more damage.

Me, a QB enf with superior Attack statistics.
    Or him, a Trader with a manex.

Oh and say sorry aswell for making me have strangers /tell him

I understand that you told me the other high level enforcer that you played, but I think you are seriously misinformed.

While I mean no disrespect to either of you, I wouldn't put you (only because of your level) and that enforcer (who correct me if I'm wrong wasn't even in this game when the weapon became available) in a catagory to understand this weapon.

I fooled around bit with three EQB enforcers in the arena and its pretty obvious the way to take them down in PvP, and thats become almost a mirror image to Gunnandahalf. I have realized that I don't have the patience to rethink my entire set-up and that isn't a reason to hate down on another profession.

I'm not calling nerf anymore, leave the blade alone.

But considering that you don't have the weapon, and probably don't deal with many attacking you with it, I think you should try to remember that many of us have been in the ring with it a lot more than you. That is why I let the enforcers that I have talked to get their points across to me, I think you should do the same.

Lies.
    So then Damagedumper lies? Well interesting it is

Just read a bit at the enforcer forum, and not all of them is hogging their new Uberweapon.

I had damage logger running in SD the other day. We where talking about 2x the damage of a 180 adventurer and the MA was a bit behind me on damage. And that including all the times the enforcers where out of range for damagedumper.

I don't care for the PvP part of the equation, but the damage output in PvM is just insanse. Its a fix for PvP that is unbalancing PvM.

(dont bring tara into this, chem is probably not a good damage type on her, fire most certainly aint...)

Happy to see that you found out how to stand a chance against an enfo Pevil Don't tell the rest

I salute you

PS : The damage is done anyway. /me sharpens his EoT
    Last edited by Ixari; Jan 13th, 2003 at 13:09:36.
    Ixari Behemoth pls !
    Nacher You fumbled ...
    Vespillo Execution of Total Mirror Shield MkX got interrupted by Ownz !

---> STORM <---

- My lovely wife Stinamus (Jinxmus) -

what im sick of:

listening to people whine about how uber things are people have worked hard to get.

it comes as no suprise to me that divinecross was this post starter, she always seems to have her 2 cents on every proffesion when they got a little good or a little better, do us all a favor and keep your opinions to yourself for a change all i ever see you do is whine to nerf others so just shut up for christ sakes every1 is sick of hearing you.

i however do agree EQB in its current state IS overpowered, but not because of its dmg, because of its speed with a FoB.

my opinion is they should put a max acheivable FoB speed with the QB and EQB so people cant be insta killed by it.

to lower its dmg would be just insane, think about it how much lower do you think your chances of beating the aces camp mobs would be if you went thru with this and lowered the dmg on the EQB?

id like to see you tank iann divine thatd give us all a laugh.

theres a simple solution to all this class hate they got good so i want em breaking bs.

rather than cry for another proffesion nerfing why dont you talk with your proffesionals and think of ways to improve your own class?

sure im an enf and ive yet to wield a QB never mind a EQB, but ive seen them in action many times and i tend to think that the speed is a tad out of hand with flurry, enforcers are ment to be nasty ass dmg dealers, its like saying NTs shouldnt be able to nuke or docs shouldnt be able to heal.

i vote on a total allowable spd on FoB for EQB.

leave the dmg as it is.
    Tradeskill Shop

Offering all tradeskill services, armour making weapon upgrading, mantis eggs, custom towers and anything else.

Lilbob, Nobel Prize Engineer

Phatty: So the rest of us havn't worked hard to get where we are? Just to be screwed by a badly designed and balanced weapon? Even most rationaly thinking enforcers realize its a tad bit on the heavy side

Oh and Enforcers are meant to tank. To tank is to take damge, and be able to keep aggro. Taunt objects are broken I understand, so fix them instead of increasing the damage output.

How would the community react if NSII where given a 7K HP booster while recharging?
    Last edited by Snublefot; Jan 13th, 2003 at 14:30:54.

Originally posted by Phatty
    i however do agree EQB in its current state IS overpowered, but not because of its dmg, because of its speed with a FoB.
    I have freaking said that in the hole freaking thread. :P
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast