Thread: Label'd Bags - Keep this post at the top!

Label'd Bags - Keep this post at the top!

Ive seen so many asking to be able to lable bags, that I decided to start this thread in the hopes that FC takes notice and acts on it. Since it seems like an easy task (I dunno if its really easy just looks that way)

People want to label their bags to sort items in their banks better, but since labeling bags yourself creates a database, client/server problem as far as I know, its out of the question. Here everyone that wants bags outside the range we have now for sorting can list what they want to see, all the bags dont have to have any special abilities tagged to them or anything else just plain old bags with new labels.

Weapons Bags:
    Pistol
    Rifle
    Assault Rifle/Heavy Weps
    Edged Melee
    Blunt Melee
    Piercing Melee
    Energy Melee
    Bows/Xbows

Nano Crystal Bags:
    Have a bag for each profession, ie Agent, Crat, Adv, Sold.....

Armor Bags:
    Clothng bags are for clothing, just need a generic armor bag with say the icon on the bag in a few different colors so that people can sort them anyway they want.

Other Bags:
    Bracers
    Rings
    Carbon Rocks
    Instruction Discs
    Tradeskill Supplies (ie Bronto hides and other armor making parts)
    Gems (ie cold stones, frags, hotstones...)
    Furniture (for all the stange apartment decorating stuff you collect)
    Uber LeWt (i wont need this one but someone might want it)

Add to the list if ya want more sorting options, never know they might go for it if enough people want it.

Jagdtyger
    Vampiira

i'd like a 'loot' labeled bag, so i can put stuff i get in a mission in it, and sort it later,
    also might want these:
    utilitys (ncu's, scopes etc)
    clusters, complete imps, empty implants, instead of just implants as we have now
    backpacks with GOOD buffs, as adventuring is only used for packs pretty much make them good enough to make it a viable stat to raise for adv's and stuff (even make them adv only if you like )
    towers (for NW stuff)

and if its possible to code, how about making loot go into an empty pack, rather than not let us loot, if our inv's are full

Instead of repeatedly asking for the ability to label bags, post ideas here......... btw bump.

Jagdtyger
    Vampiira

Bump!

When they won't let us label our own bags, Jagd's idea is really the best alternative, and really shouldn't be too hard to implement either.

Never mind stat boosters on the packs (and Adventuring is a joke as a skill btw), give us a wider variety of bags, both types and colors!

Pretty please?
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

Jagd, it's pretty technically difficult under the current system to add a persistent bag-labeling system. Ask Jayde if you really want to know why.

However, they could add a non-persistent one, in a fashion similar to the way the hotkey bar is stored - locally. Whether its worth the effort or not is their decision.

Still, I'd like to see it.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Kiryat, this thread isnt asking for a labeling system, I know thats out of the question, even the Devs have repeatedly said they wont do that, what we are asking for in this thread is the alternative to labeling bags ourselves, and that is to collect a list of pre-label'd bags that FC can make and add to the game.

Its the simplest solution to something that everyone seems to have at some point asked for.

Jagdtyger
    Vampiira

I just want to see ONE bag... a "Doctor's Medical Bag" (although it would NOT be Doc only).

This bag would be [NODROP] and have specific slots for the Health/Nano Rechargers, Stims, and Anti-Root/Anti-Debuff Kits, namely:

Health Treatment Laboratory and HQ Health Treatment Laboratory
    Nano Recharger and Advanced Nano Recharger
    Purge Nano Kit
    Virus Scanner
    Battle Prepared Nano Recharger
    Battle Prepared Health Treatment Laboratory
    First Rate Emergency Treatment Laboratory
    First Aid Stim
    Nano Recharge Stim

I know I'm missing a few, but essentially anything found in the Health Shop can be put into this bag.

Why [NODROP]? So that what you put into this bag can be put into your toolbar (another thing that was removed and should be put back into game) and a person won't have to remember restock his/her toolbar when they die. It's so frustrating when I press the keyboard sequence:

Shift-1 (selects toolbar 1)
    F1 (selects self)
    X (sit down)
    1 (use toolbar slot one, where I put Health Treatment Labs)
    X (stand up)
    Shift-0 (selects toolbar 0, where my attacks are)
    TAB (to select mob)

... and nothing happens because I forgot to restock toolbar 1 with my medical/nano rechargers.

Bag can be sold in the same shop as Treatment Labs and Nano Rechargers, or can be a boss drop... such as Lab Director in Foreman's.

That wouldnt be bad, would unclutter your inventory also, keep the ideas coming.

Jagdtyger
    Vampiira

Oh.

Well, in that case.

All of these need to come in 4 variants; 1-50, 50-100, 100-150, 150-200.

Sense Armor.
    Agility Armor.
    Psy Armor.
    Intel Armor.
    Strength Armor.
    Stamina Armor.
    Nanos.
    Guns.
    Melee Weapons.
    Implants.
    Miscellaneous.
    Medical Supplies (especially if we can tool-bar things from these bags)

If we're feeling lazy, go ahead and condense the armor bags into one type, or maybe (Physical Armors (sta/str/agi types) and Mental armors (psy/sen/int types). Yes, I know some armors would be split across the two (mainly sen/agi) but you could always just file by dominant stat.

Those are the ones I'd find most useful.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.