Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CZ we need an official answer on IPR issue PLZ

My post was to show it were needed used RP's, I did not choose the uber, I chose a way to still *function* in pvp! 2 very large differnces.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

yes, sorry, I was actually trying to do some work at the same time as post that last one, so I have no idea what I was rabbiting on about it in. Yes, I agree that you should have some way of recovering after things like this have been changed. However, not to sound awfull, that is the only reason we should be given IPR, not so we can change around later. I persoanlly can see two expections. Firstly I think people on test should have as many IPR points as they want, because they are there to, well, test things. Secondly there should be some (slower) way of changing round IP's at level 200, or maybe through out all levels, but it shouldn't be instant like IPR.

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

No, I agree; IPR is not for making dumb mistakes (read: me going melee), but IPR *should* be for their mistakes (read: Critnerf).

I do not ask of funcom to give me 1 IPR every 75mill xp (tho I wouldnt say no to it, hehe), I do ask of them to think of me and my lvl 190+ friends when they change a game mechanic and allow me to reset a newly useless skill in my arsenal.

That is the whole purpose of the thread too

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

The problem comes deciding what people should be allowed to reset. There could be two ways (that I can see) off looking at it. One is that a certain type of equipment is now useless, so the user should be able to reset the skills needed to use it. The other is that a certain skill has been rendered useless and so people should be able to reset it. You put forward the first argument in your post explaining the rules changes. However the other way to look at it is are those skills no longer useful, ie there is no real viable use for them anymore. For things like shotgun and aimed shot this can't really be argued. yes they are no longer as useful as before, but equally they are by no means useless. Somewhere a line must be drawn. however I would still agree there should be some way for the ultra high level people to change round to counter these changes in rules.

hehe not bad reasoning for a contrary piece of fluff posting troll, if I do say so myself

hugs

lilnymph
    Last edited by lilnymph; Jan 10th, 2003 at 15:29:44.
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

Bah you troll!

True for AS/Shotgun; but the critnerf was directly related to the ELLTS (or even earlier - the removal of ELLTS drops). After halved critnerf I got a maxed WS and EE I dont use anymore, at all.

I can use it sometimes in the rare occasions a friend needs an MCS made on Letah, but Firerose kind of has darkblue EE; wasted IP now.

My bet is that in about 2, 3 heavy game mechanic changes a high % of the RK world will have no IPR points left, or nearly none.

Edit: Jut came into my mind; AC2 has a system where you can untrain (reset) skills by gaining XP. It doesnt/didnt enable uberness in the game as the untraining costs a lot time too.

I dont mind teaming with Letah, in fact, I'd love to if the XP I gained would be useful, I kind of would like a feature where for example 100mill xp = 1 RP.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

hehe I was in 2 minds about the whole WS, EE thing, so I decided to leave it alone, but you can see my point?

I would prefer to go with a system someone else suggested in that you flag certain skills you no longer want, and they slowly, over time (logged in time of course ) go down, releasing the IP back to you.

hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12