Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ we need an official answer on IPR issue PLZ

Post CZ we need an official answer on IPR issue PLZ

Enough of talking and arguing between US, CZ plz tell us what is going to happen? Do we have a chance to get some IPR or full IPR in some way or not? There s a lot of threads on it but now we need an answer!!

Bump this message plz

Since theres been more then a million threads asking for IPRs and TIPRs, and CZ has countless times said to each wave of new people that post for these things, that he has brought it to the attention of the Dev teams and its in their hands. Other then that what kind of answer do you expect?

Saved ya some time

Jagdtyger
    Vampiira

I say take the IPR system out and bring it back to the way it was. Kids doing 7 IPR before lvl 100 is soo silly. Besides as they stated the IPR was a single time deal. Even though I missed it I could care less. I never Fubared a char so badly it needed 90 resets to fix. If you think you need to reset everything to switch your NT from that flashpoint to a V3 then thats your problem. Maybe you should put a little more thought into where you dump ip. Or hell even level once in a while
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

Rudeboyz,

So what your saying is that no player should be allowed to adjust his character to changes in the game?
    well now I've got
    some advice for you little buddy
    before you point the finger
    you should know that I'm the man
    and if I'm the man, then you're the man
    and he's the man as well so you
    can point that f***in' finger up your a** - Tool

Well

Well Rudethingy i have a 187NT and a 167 Fixer so first dont tell me to lvl i know how to do it. Second it seems you didn t followed the weapons trend, ok if you re not about getting your char optimized everytime it s your prob... perhaps it s because you are engie finally, you got used.... And i dont see the problem in getting other some IPR, where is the problem Rude?

Seeing as views are really mixed on this, I am wary of getting myself involved...but, one possible solution maybe would be to have a system to allow players to unlearn a skill as they level, allowing to regain ip in the process. I don't believe in another full ip reset and I don't think people should need more than the given ipr points, but if there have been drastic changes made to the mechanics, then it should be looked at, as either a ipr reimbersal, or another method of getting ipr points.

just a thought anyway.
    AO is not just about pvp, or Rp or power lvling. It is about whatever the players choose to bring to it. Don't make it personal against one of these groups because you feel nerfed by the game company.

Atlantian: "Jesska Rhees" - lvl 153 Crat - retired
    Rimor: Krazee "Lilyflie" Madness - lvl 103 ENF - semi around again

So my lvl 200 doc needs to lvl some more?

So when funcom puts crits outta the game I was dumb for using a 15% ELLTS (A lot WS/EE I dont use now) and?

So when funcom halves crits and disables crit-or-die-weapons I should stay shotgun?

No, game changes like the crit nerf needs RP's

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

FC stop change rules of games after every patch or give us IPR.
    Bump!
    "Telemak" : 215 Soldier // "Anogineer" : 210 Engineer // "Abdominaux" : 199 Enforcer // "Doctordre" : 182 Doctor // "Zzzzzioon" : 174 Fixer // "Pandantatete" : 170 Agent // "Kickndie" : 150 Martial Artist // "Notoriouss" : 149 Martial Artist // "Xzibeat" : 150 Nano Technician // "Ilovefarming" : 128 Agent // "Rabijuice" : 75 Keeper // "Zzzengy" : 60 Engineer // "Shanasha" : 55 Soldier // "Abdominus" : 46 Enforcer

Re: Well

Originally posted by Amidaru
    Second it seems you didn t followed the weapons trend, ok if you re not about getting your char optimized everytime it s your prob... perhaps it s because you are engie finally, you got used....

the fact that YOU spent all your IP's making the flavor of the month is YOUR problem ... If we have all of our IPR we dont really have a problem now do we?

enjoy

Letah,

yes funcom changes can suck and level 200's have my sympathy on this one, but there ARE other shotguns out there that are not crit or die. (vek "death log" and HD comes to mind).

I think people take IPR to lightly and just use them for "kicks and giggles" a lot of times. With the exception of MA I dont know of one weapon style that has no viable alternatives contained therin.

Dont worry all, you will probably get more IPR, but you will probably pay cash money for it (my bet is on shadowlands having some) because they will see they can make money off of people who want to be flavor of the month.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Yazule... Do you call a 15% ELLTS a flavor of the month ?? I used one for many months and was always happy with it. If FC din't change the rules I would still be using one. They went on and nerfed it so I choosed MA, we all know what happen to MA and I was really unlucky in that decision. After that I went on and changed MA for Flash/Nova, the day I do my few last IPR to get it in, they do another beautiful nerf that hurt me once again. They nerf Full Automatic, I pay every month to pvp. When I pvp I need a good gun, I choosed Flash cause it was a great FA weapon, combine it with Nova wich is semi decent it was great. I din't ask fo FC to nerf me. I was always against the nerf's. The only nerfs that should ever be are the ones that are exploits (when someone find a way to exploit a gun or watever). ELLTS never deserved the nerf they got. They're not even that good anymore with the introduction of stuff like Manex/QB/EQB/HF... People would of naturaly dropped ELLTS slowly for those weapons. MA's never deserved there nerf also. Now people that started a MA for the way it was are completly screwed in pvp. Nerfing things only piss off people, now everytime someone get kill by someone they cry for one.

When you change rules like they do constantly (We're not talking about flavour of the month like you're refering), people deserve more IPR'S. I saw you whine about IPR so many time, and this is the first time ill take the time to answer you. You think people cry for IPR to try the flavour of the month gun but they're not. They're trying to fix there characters cause FC keep messing them up. I used all my IPR cause of NERF's that I never wanted in the first place.

My conclusion is whinning for more IPR is a justified thing for most people out there. I agree with you that IPR shouldn't be taken lightly, BUT lets say you mess up something (happen to me many times), you should be able to come back and IPR. Not everyone has the time to create new characters and level them to title 5 - 6 just cause they messed up or FC nerfed them directly or not.

Even if they introduce something for us to buy IPR's in Shadowlands, we shouldn't be the ones paying when they nerf something. We should get IPR points for all the skills of the gun or watever we're using everytime they modifie something.

lates,

ZaTaN

Up I want to reset my EE/WS/Shotgun

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Originally posted by Letah
    Up I want to reset my EE/WS/Shotgun
    Personally I think the level 200 player should get IPR...Kinda. They're still playing but can't get to level 201. So everytime they get enough XP to reach level 201, have it turn into a reset point.

For god sakes please give them some reason for killing Tara, Ian, and others besides collecting the loot and gouging the rest of us on prices
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

I'm with Kuroshio here. At level 200 you should be able to trade "the amount of experience points you would need to level to 201" with an IPR Point.

If this were to be implemented I still feel there should be a limit on how many IPR Points you could obtain during a certain timeframe. Perhaps 1 or 2 every week, or something.

everyone keeps saying funcom change the rules constantly. Just out of interest, which rules?

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Originally posted by lilnymph
    everyone keeps saying funcom change the rules constantly. Just out of interest, which rules?

hugs

lilnymph
    they mean game-mechanics with rules, did you have to nit-pick on some chosen words? You know what these people mean.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Lilnymph thinks that putting "Hugs" after her posts makes her not a troll. But I have never seen anthing constructive from her. Every post from her is some contrary peice of fluff.
    well now I've got
    some advice for you little buddy
    before you point the finger
    you should know that I'm the man
    and if I'm the man, then you're the man
    and he's the man as well so you
    can point that f***in' finger up your a** - Tool

grrrrrr, I know that, I was just wondering what had changed so much, as I still havent used any IPR on lilnymph. I know she is low level, so I really was wondering what had changed so radically at higher level that people had had to use up all their 15? or so IPR points. no sarcasm, I really am just wondering.

Letah, you should know by now I would never nit pick like that, I prefer well structured arguments. I only pick up on things like that as a joke, and I would always put a smiley face in to show this

hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

Originally posted by smotheredhope
    Lilnymph thinks that putting "Hugs" after her posts makes her not a troll. But I have never seen anthing constructive from her. Every post from her is some contrary peice of fluff.
    wow, not sure how to answer that, but I do occasionally post something that isn't a contrary peice of fluff, and I also try not to resort to personal flames againsn't people.

hugs

lilnymph
    Last edited by lilnymph; Jan 10th, 2003 at 11:07:17.
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

Originally posted by lilnymph
    grrrrrr, I know that, I was just wondering what had changed so much, as I still havent used any IPR on lilnymph. I know she is low level, so I really was wondering what had changed so radically at higher level that people had had to use up all their 15? or so IPR points. no sarcasm, I really am just wondering.
    First of all; your a fixer, fixers use SMG, so little is there to change for you. Docs have darkblue weapon skills so we kind of can choose between nearly all weapons.

First there was crits like UVC, nearly all people used ELLTS that asked a lot WS/EE so those were raised a lot. UVC was changed to self-only and suddenly my Ithaca sucked. Resetted AS and went Homedefender + Raid-X because the bracers were so good that doing 2 sorts of damage was the way to do damage.

Bracers nerfed, suddenly my 2-dmg setup was worthless. Resetted shotgun, fling and multieranged and went melee because those did consistent damage and I wanted to test that for docs (yes, that was my own fault). Found out it costed way too much IP and at lvl 190 I resetted them and went Ithaca again, because I got my hands on a 15% scope. yay!

Now.. crits nerfed, my 15% ELLTS suddenly sucks but there are no RP left. If I didnt go dumb by doing melee I'd have 3 RP to go either Rifle now (with the enhanced special speed lately) or go PoP pistol that suddenly drops. It would however run me out of RPs instead of now.

We simply cannot keep up to the changes; the changes are so drastic; an Ithaca user never crits anymore; so its not like that "you can still manage", game changes so much that you have to reset stuff in order to even compete with the rest.

I'm 200, I cannot lvl anymore; I've pvped daily since early in the game; game changed a lot during my first pvp experience. New players come in the battlefield and choose "whats best", while I have to adept to "whats best", or heck, call it "whats smart/viable".

Bracer nerf, UVC self-only nerf, Crithalf nerf, 40% dmg nerf, special-rechargespeed enhancement, init nerf, new weapons that are so uber it leaves the old ones in the dark. They all will gimp the "old player" against a newly rolled player.

Major gamechanges should go with some IPR, or at least for lvl 200 people because we do not have a lvl option anymore.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

in a way I can agree with you, but that is why we have had the IPR so far, to deal with things like this. The problem is people see thatif you are not uber, and the latest cookie cutter you are gimped, and for some people the game is not worth playing. Personally I see this as not being about wanting to experiment, as people wanting to follow the latest uber path. People have always been experimenting in this game with non standard choices. Before IPR they had to take a risk, and then get the most out of what they had,, if it didn't work out. Now no one is willing to take a risk with anything that is non standard, unless they are sure they will be able to get everything back if it doesn't turn out 100% to their satisfaction. OK I am now goign to stop typing, as this isn't making much sense any more, and I have something else on my mind

hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast