Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Females and AO

stevie "killcreeek" case, for those of you who don't know her, was a master quake player (beat John Romero at his own game) turned game designer, er turned Playboy model. There's a few others that come to mind from the CPL leagues, but I of course remember Killcreek because she's the only one that threatened to sue me for libel a looooong time ago

www.stevana.com is her site.

Your comment about women not being able to play games is a load of crap, probably the biggest load of crap I've read in a LONG time. Grow up. When guys hate on women like that, it's usually because they can't get laid in a morgue. Go put a leet in your butt, buddy.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Tell ya what ... Why don't you come see me in the arena.
    Tristalyn, Kaidence, Daquri, Sexykitten, Brittain
    GridStream
    Ich gebe Decavolt meine Seele und Körper
    Voted by the community - Funniest Female - Most Eligable Bachelorette and Best Doctor! Thanks! <3
    Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! HUGS!
    .·´¯`·..·» You've just been RAINBOW hugged!! «·..·´¯`·.

OK...done fuming. He never considered that his "tons" of female friends (if they even exist) let him win so as not to damage his frail ego. They probably feel sorry for the guy.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

You. Are. A total. Moron.

There are plenty of women out there who are pretty uber. Open your eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftyr View Post
    Die? Plz? NOW!
    Dark Front Better Than You™, Since 2003

Originally posted by Tristalyn
    Tell ya what ... Why don't you come see me in the arena.
    OMG Tristybear is gonna whup some ass!!!!!

NoooOOoo00 let me kick his ass instead hun! I don't want those precious feet damaged...

Re: Females and AO

Originally posted by Lankybill
    yet they suck i find the same in AO, unless a chick is playing with her BF or husband or got started that way they stink

ALthough AO is a bad example becoz despite what any1 may say to u the game is not intense and requires planning not skill
    First of all if you wnat to be technical if a woman CHOOSES to be a hard core gamer she will probally beat the pants off of most men. It is a Proven fact that women have better hand eye coordination than men. Hence the fact the women are better fighter pilots than men are (They can also take more G's). Secondly, generally speaking women are better planners than men are. So in a game like AO they totally own. The key thing is, how much are the interested in playing? That decides how much effort the put into gaming.

Look, take a step back from the computer turn it off, and go out and find a date in RL.
    RK-1
    ------------------
    Nrse.

Must... not... feed... troll!
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

Re: Re: Females and AO

Originally posted by Nrse

First of all if you wnat to be technical if a woman CHOOSES to be a hard core gamer she will probally beat the pants off of most men. It is a Proven fact that women have better hand eye coordination than men. Hence the fact the women are better fighter pilots than men are (They can also take more G's). Secondly, generally speaking women are better planners than men are. So in a game like AO they totally own. The key thing is, how much are the interested in playing? That decides how much effort the put into gaming.

Look, take a step back from the computer turn it off, and go out and find a date in RL.
    Better hand eye coordination? Now I gotta disagree with that, because anytime a nanomage female is on my screen, my hands get VERY coordinated. Operating a keyboard and mouse with only one hand ain't exactly a cakewalk..

Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! HUGS!

I think its women having good Hand-Eye coord, and men generally Grasp 3d **** better..

Who discovers this stuff tho?
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

I play quite a few games, if you ever jump into a team-fortress classic match and get your ass handed to you by Zetalee[.1] just come in game and /prostrate to me.

Re: Re: Re: Females and AO

Originally posted by THEDEACON!

Better hand eye coordination? Now I gotta disagree with that, because anytime a nanomage female is on my screen, my hands get VERY coordinated. Operating a keyboard and mouse with only one hand ain't exactly a cakewalk..
    /flamenco

/tell Thedeacon hey baby

Lol deacon..

Link to the better hand-eye coordination site please..

There are many excellent female gamers out there.an excellent one I can think of is TossGirl who plays Starcraft.

I think there are so many more well known male gamers than female because the vast majority of gamers (over all) are male.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Females and AO

Originally posted by Piercingevil

/flamenco

/tell Thedeacon hey baby
    Hey gorgeous

We should hook up tonight....I've got a hankering for your lil feet. And I can practice my hand eye coordination. MRRrrRROOooOWwwrrRR!

Originally posted by NightsDream
    Lol deacon..

Link to the better hand-eye coordination site please..

There are many excellent female gamers out there.an excellent one I can think of is TossGirl who plays Starcraft.

I think there are so many more well known male gamers than female because the vast majority of gamers (over all) are male.

LOL I think you missed the "hidden" meaning behind my post...

RIGHT OVER J00R HEAD MATEY!

Ah well, I suppose having your mind out of the gutter is a good thing...

RANDOM TOPIC CHANGE

TEH FOOTNESS

I'm really going to try not to take this personally. At first I can see how the generalization "Men perform better in Video Games" could be applied, with the large majority of people playing video games being 18-24 male, but your reasoning behind it is faulty.

On base natural abilities there isn't a superior player that is born that way, its the interest, practice and time put in by the individual that makes them good. Regardless of sex.

Male players tend to be a lot more aggressive and competative, driving them to perfect techniques and learn games more indept to get that little bit of "edge" over the other aggressive male gamer on the other computer. Ask a guy what reason they play games is -- my experience has taught me is that most play to win. Not for the fun, but to be better then everyone else. That characteristic is exceedindly more pronounced in games like Counterstrike, QuakeIII, UT, etc. then in ORPG's.

So you can't really say that "chicks generally can't play computer games" because "chicks" as you so eloquently put, are humans with at least the same or better motor fucntions and cognative abilities as the male gamer counterpart. Its the difference in what men and women find interesting that produces that ellusion. For example -- A male that is completely uncompetative, and doesn't really care about the game, would appear to "suck" wouldn't he? or a guy who is just learning a game?

Anyway, I just think you should reevaluate your reasoning, not flaaming. Just for your information, I play video games proffessionally, and beta testing a new interactive computer peripheral . I am female, and am amazed that there are still people who still think that males are superior players for no other reason for being male.

(p.s) Bring it engi boy, any game -- any time
    Alysanda
    Lvl 215 Rubika 1 Omni Bureaucrat

Retroaction
    Lvl 176 Rubika 1 Omni Soldier
    Recourse
    Lvl 100ish Rubika 1 Omni Doctor
    Anarchist of TEEN GIRL SQUAD!

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard

My point is that male gamers may appear to be better, but its because they tend to put more importance on winning and take the time to improve their skills, not because they are guys.
    Alysanda
    Lvl 215 Rubika 1 Omni Bureaucrat

Retroaction
    Lvl 176 Rubika 1 Omni Soldier
    Recourse
    Lvl 100ish Rubika 1 Omni Doctor
    Anarchist of TEEN GIRL SQUAD!

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard

Angry

funny that that ******* hasnt defended himself............. wonder why..........

/me sits and glares at lankeybill

and im sure i can beat you at any non fps game........ kicking youre butt would be very enjoyable

OMG I THINK I LOVE ALYSANDRA NOW!!!!!!

so after a nice long footrub, you won't mind me playing a quick game of UT? Oh jesus, marry me!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast