Thread: Funny things you did when you were a newbie

Funny things you did when you were a newbie

Funny things you did when you were a newbie.
    (funny/unsmart/hillarious etc. you get the picture)

Now, I want to hear things YOU did, not what you saw someone just doing in entertainment/a random backyard/Tir/wherever. Things YOU did when YOU were a newbie.

I'll start.

-I used my startup-bat until I was lvl 6

-I then switched from my bat to a gun (with assault rifle, shottie and fling as req. I was/am an enforcer)

-My enforcer thought it was a good idea to up weaponsmithing. It was green, and I might need to fix my swords

-On purpose, I chose to not take the missions with token-rewards. Tokens had no value, I thought. (duh! If I only knew back then)

-(will post more when I remember them)

so, what did you do?

-edit-

- The first time I saw a clanner. It was..er.. I don't even remember where it was. We were out hunting somewhere, and it was a rocky place, I lost the group, and tried finding them. Then I suddenly saw a guy. I 't'-ed him. He was a clanner. A blood red one too. I was afraid he'd gank me, so I ran away as fast as I could
    Last edited by Skybert; Jan 8th, 2003 at 09:41:57.

Not really something I did, but when I first saw an Anger Manifestation... I was like "freaky!"

Now being the elite noob that I was I interpreted the things from the Role Player perspective, thinking that they randomly appeared when anger is centralised or relased, like for example combat.

I soon learned their just some gimped profs pet...
    signature ! !

This is what I did during beta when I was a n00b:

Upped my tutoring skill in hope that my NT could teach my friends MA some neat things.. well we lucked out..

Missioned like crazy to afford a Light Torch at a whopping 450 credits. just to realize that the light it emitted was as good as lighting a lamp in the same room as my comp.

Actually thinking that NTs would become uber and blast things into tiny pieces.

getting the impression that the NT profession was one of the few professions that used nano programs.. oh I was wrong..

Creating an engie just to find out that they didnt have any pets (yet)

Being happy to figgure out that I could use my shift key to lock a key combo, like running forward.. just to realize later that I could use the numpad 0 for the same.

Upped my adventuring and Swimming skills to atleast 100 at all my chars incase of water or mountains.
    Later I realized that they both where a hoax as I never had to swim nor climbing mountains. and backpacks where bags that you couldnt equip.

Never upped my Duck explosion as I asumed that those would be evades from bombs and other things like that, that had yet to be implemented. untill I met someone with an shotty that blasted me senseless.

Telling myself to never use implants as the bonus gained was so low, it wasnt worth the effort.. that was untill I realized they went to ql 200.
    Last edited by Lumin; Jan 8th, 2003 at 10:29:10.
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

I consequently sat down to heal with my natural regen for several levels efter my startup treatment labs/kits were used up. Thought this games sucked because of all the downtime.

Got to lvl 6 in the backyard because some uber lvl 75 toon told me I had to do so otherwise I wouldn't survive in the city.

Thinking that combat was in real time I continuosly pressed Q trying to time it with the movement of the attack bars. Got killed by many a leet that way before I figured that one out.
    Last edited by Ztatik; Jan 9th, 2003 at 11:36:38.
    Depeche Ztatik Mode

Originally posted by Cz The money you would spend on a sports car have been spent on your AO account(s). I have invested them in a sports car for myself. I'll let you drool over a picture of it someday.

ill tell you something NOT funny i did back on my engy....... sold a NS1 disc to a vendor O.o

Lets see. Funny things that I've done as a noob... Well when I first started playing and had no money I would beg, but people would yell at me to stop begging and go on missions. So I began to make up stories about why I needed money, Had to have money so that my enforcer could buy himself a hammer that I could use to club seals with. Bacause seals are dangerous creatures that wish only harm on us all 'specially the baby seals. I got around 2mil in 10 minutes with that story. After spending all my money on useless junk I decided I needed more peoples money, so once again my enforcer went to the streets. This time i didn't beg, I simply put on a bathing suit, big ass sunglasses, and a wine bottle and proceeded to dance in front of the Bronto Burger in Omni-Ent. I became known as the amazing fat dancing atrox.
    My first charactor I ever did was an ofex MA, I didn't bother to put any IP in any of the nano slots bacause I was a MA and I shouldn't have to use "magic" also didn't bother to upgrade my ncu until lvl 50.

I didn't know what a Wompa was, so I tried to run from Rome to Omni to meet up with my wife, who started in a different n00b zone than I did.

Spent 4 days trying to make it at level 3.
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

I think my first prof was a soldier.

I used my newbie solar assault rifle to lvl 11 until I realized I didn't even dent the mobs health, so I bought a ql 6 chunk projector, which was even worse.

I saved up all my money from 11 lvls of missioning to buy a black shirt/pants/sleeve, hoping they added acs (I didn't know how to view a description on an item).

Not knowing I could use 2 sleeves until 5 months into the game.

I spent 3 weeks getting that soldier to lvl 11.

Next char was an ma

No weapons, so I didn't have to spend money.

I saved EVERYTHING I found to sell.

I still wasn't sure how to use first aid stims.

At lvl 30 with my ma, I had a grand total of 82 credits, 36 treatment kits, 12 nano kits, and a couple pieces of ql 20ish metaplast armor that I was wearing.

And my last thing, I swear I've tried 95% of all viable weapons in this game, with my doc ^^. All the skills are dark blue and capped really low, so I really gimped myself in first aid/mc/pm/si/every evade. (Only just now catching up)
    Last edited by Talanie; Jan 9th, 2003 at 01:00:08.
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

Not reading the manual and repeatedly clicking on young malles in some backyard to try to attack them, which ended an hour after I started trying at which point I just logged out and read the manual a couple days later.
    -Stexer 'n Sterex

I am adored

Support the addition of non-level-restricted dueling

Type KSA -
    Killer 93%
    Socializer 40%
    Achiever 33%
    Explorer 33%

Originally posted by Some Guy
    Not really something I did, but when I first saw an Anger Manifestation... I was like "freaky!"

Now being the elite noob that I was I interpreted the things from the Role Player perspective, thinking that they randomly appeared when anger is centralised or relased, like for example combat.

I soon learned their just some gimped profs pet...

STFU NOOB!!

grrrrrr

Im going to spit a REALLY BIG ball of meat out of my butt in a second.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

eeewwww ..... i hope you clear it up

Originally posted by THEDEACON!

STFU NOOB!!

grrrrrr

Im going to spit a REALLY BIG ball of meat out of my butt in a second.
    WT-MOTHER-F
    signature ! !