Thread: floor markers needed in fixer grid

floor markers needed in fixer grid

warping has made it confusing in the fixer grid. sometimes i'm not sure whether i went up or warped back down a couple floors.

signs near the elevator pads saying 1, 2, 3, ... would go a long way toward alleviating this.

please make our lives easier with such an easy fix.

Hit F9, divide your heightfromground by 10, and you have your floor number.

Not that floor numbers would be a bad thing, mind you, but this is in-game already.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

I could add a message to vicinity to inform you what level you are on when going up or down. Something along the lines of.
    " Level 3. Avalon, Borealis and Tir."
    " Level 4. Rome, Lush Fields and Broken Shores."

-Znore

ps. at home and don't play fixer myself so those locations are probably really wrong.

Originally posted by Znore
    I could add a message to vicinity to inform you what level you are on when going up or down. Something along the lines of.

-Znore

ps. at home and don't play fixer myself so those locations are probably really wrong.
    Would it be possible to remove our shoes and show our bare feet? I mean, this isn't a foot fetish thing...er, well actually it is. But it would still look VERY cool!
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

-Znore

that would work even better for infrequent travelers in there.

A real hacker wouldn't need signs to get around in the grid. In fact what they really should do is just give you a bunch of numbers and japanese text, so that only Funcom employees and the insane can get around.

"Third floor, lingerie and assault rifles."

A dev on the boards? Answering? Teh Apocalypse is surely here.

But yeah floor markers/desc text is good for the non-fixers like me who use the grid only for raids and don't know where stuff is
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Bah, whenever I grid people I give them a floor number and exit.

"Team of 5, now casting fixer grid. Please ascend 8 floors and take the left-hand EFP exit. Watch your step, and don't lag into some other exit, as I will not be retrieving you and it may be a very long walk back. Thank you for using Blue Fixer Taxi Service, and have a nice day!"

(probably not quite as funny for those of you that don't have a Blue Cab company in your town, but, well... I do. )
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Originally posted by Haiiro
    A real hacker wouldn't need signs to get around in the grid. In fact what they really should do is just give you a bunch of numbers and japanese text, so that only Funcom employees and the insane can get around.
    "Third floor: Lamps, lingerie and angry Kuritans."
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

.. and railings plz! I'm scared of heights
    The nature of monkey is irrepressible.
    Silq ~ Barabajagal ~ Ubik ~ Steampunk ~ Fleshwoman & others