Thread: why do we need Balance?

why do we need Balance?

I wonder how people define balance. I keep hearing players asking for balance, but i think most poeple dont even know what they are asking for. So, i was thinking about what balance was...If balance means equal power throughout all the characters, how is this possible? IMO it is not. Every class is too unique and different with nanos..etc to be ever equaled in 'power'. Each class's advantages is just too different to be ever equalled in power.

I think we should actually be asking for more 'unbalancing', because if 'balance' is what i think it means, then 'unbalancing' would mean more uniqueness for the classes. Of course, its obvious that 'balance' complaints comes mostly from pvp. If one class seems 'powerful' then another, i dont think this means we need 'balancing', it just means that class's advantages just happen to benefit them more in pvp then another class's advantages that doesn't...either this reason, or some people just suck at pvping and dont know how to play their own classes right...i also assume pvp could involve some 'luck' and some 'strategy', and its not just about whos got better nanos..etc...

Balance for me is when all the given professions can excell as good and maybe better in some areas than the other professions, and all the areas they can excell in is equally good to excell in (you get far more xp from killing then tradeskills, hence you would be rather killing as an engineer or trader then doing tradeskills)

Another point of balancing is when all the professions in some way cover the other professions holes, that mean that in all ways you should not have a general profession template as they will be more sought after than the others who got some disadventages. and hence making them less wanted or disliked.
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

balancing's not giving fixers all the new stuff and letting some of us others have some