Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Give all profs a self grid?

Originally posted by Hoops
    I say screw it! Give everyone grid nanos! While Funcom is at it, they can also give everyone TMS/Nullity and crit buffs too!

Originally posted by Jellobiafra
    Ok, and at the same time, give everyone drains, complete heals, personal wrangles, +80 treament nano's, beacon warps, hellspinners, damage shields, reflect shields, run buffs, crit buffs....
    And Nukes! Everyone should have Nukes! And maybe Mongo.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Flame away!

It felt really good to flame by the way, and do feel free to flame me back! Try not to get in trouble with the moderators though, I'd hate to be the indirect cause of anyone getting in trouble.
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

Looked like just plain sarcasm to me. Maybe a little more practice Revelator?

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.

XXX - N

*hugs Revelator and feeds him a lettice leaf*

look at the cute troll, can I keep him Gene13, can I?

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Originally posted by lilnymph
    *hugs Revelator and feeds him a lettice leaf*

look at the cute troll, can I keep him Gene13, can I?

hugs

lilnymph
    OK, but you better take care of this one. You can't just stop feeding it when you get bored of it or find some new toy. Trolls are people too you know.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.

XXX - N

HAHAHAHA

I'm not gonna flame someone who thought they were flaming, BUT I do have to ask:

What are you taking? Can I buy it somewhere? What a rush it must be.

I laughed so hard I almost fell off my chair

Quoting Revelator:
    Because of YOU, fixers, there is NO more love left in the game! We have to wait until you fixers are not only totally nerfed but in fact removed from the game entirely to have any chance of lovin' at all!

PS: The thread was about giving other professions a chance to grid, not giving fixers love. But they way you looked at it was too funny so I'm glad you replied. I'm sure i'm gonna live 10 more years after this laugh

And oh, can I have what I quoted in my signature? Pah-leeeze!

Keep it up! :=)
    Last edited by Tharney; Jan 8th, 2003 at 17:22:34.

Ack! once again my flame flickers and dies

Originally posted by Gene13
    Looked like just plain sarcasm to me. Maybe a little more practice Revelator?

/G13
    Yeah, I do kind of need more practice, don't I? But as my first attempt at something that at least approaches a flame, it wasn't too bad was it?

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

Re: HAHAHAHA

Originally posted by ilythia
    I'm not gonna flame someone who thought they were flaming, BUT I do have to ask:

What are you taking? Can I buy it somewhere? What a rush it must be.

I laughed so hard I almost fell off my chair

Quoting Revelator:
    Because of YOU, fixers, there is NO more love left in the game! We have to wait until you fixers are not only totally nerfed but in fact removed from the game entirely to have any chance of lovin' at all!

PS: The thread was about giving other professions a chance to grid, not giving fixers love. But they way you looked at it was too funny so I'm glad you replied. I'm sure i'm gonna live 10 more years after this laugh

And oh, can I have what I quoted in my signature? Pah-leeeze!

Keep it up! :=)
    Feel free to quote away in your signature, but be aware that I am in fact paraphrasing (and distorting) Denis Leary's reaction upon hearing that Keith Richards was urging people to not do drugs. So it's not an original as such.

And yes, the thread was about other profs getting some of that good stuff, in this case just getting a simpler way of getting out of the middle of nowhere without spending 20 min on auto-run, but then the fixers automatically pop up saying:

If anyone gets grid evac, even with long cast time, this automatically means that we the fixers are no longer special in any way, and therefore we are nerfed and useless, and all the time we spent blit... err... playing is all wasted, and so NO WAY can other people grid evac! NO WAY!

The general stance of the fixers seems to be that not only do they greatly resent that traders and docs can do it, they don't really like that ANYONE can get into the grid at all!

Oh, and since GA will always sneak it's way into any thread anyway, why is it that the following 2 arguments are ALWAYS used by fixers:

Argument1: It's not really that uber, the ACs are weak, it has weaknesses, it's really not THAT uber.

Argument2: DUDE! I spent 8 hours a day, 7 days a week for 3 months to nin... err blitz the credits for this GA, it BETTER be uber!

These arguments are mutually contradictory, guys. The fixer community needs to pick ONE of them, it ruins your whole defense when both are brought into play!

No, I'm not back.

:P

Yes, GA gets pulled into every thread somehow :P

Im not against giving other proffesions a chance to have their own grid-nano. What worries me is "give a finger, take the hand". What makes fixers grid-nanos unique is the speed and the fixer grid. Just dont give THAT to other professions and I dont care at all.

My thoughts about GA are these: (yes, wrong thread)

Debuffed hard - Run! /evac
    NT - Run! /evac
    MP who has NS'd me - Im dead! /evac = not a chance in hell :=)
    GA - Easy to spot! - Leet

I chose to use my GA and I dont whine about it. Low on AC, yes. Easy to hit with regular attack? No; when we are hit we lose more hp yes, but we evade more than we get hit.

There is one thing that bugs me now and then and that is being nuked. It hurts!#@ BUT. I chose to live with it. Leet form is also useful. I'm also getting used to my So8 armor. Not so bad either.

So it all boils down to - I dont mind other professions being able to grid - Just dont give the 1sec evac and access to fixer grid =)

You can have a grid nano. Let's make a general use grid nano, with requirements... oh, let's make the requirements that same as Grid Phreak, 180/180/180.

Of course, it'll have a 6000s cast time. 1s recharge, so you can chain-cast it with really high nanoinit.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

< Is a Fixer

I think its a good idea so long as it is a Long term cast like 200-240sec

It should have reqs of about 200 In whatever nanoskills (so profs that dont need to raise certain skills wont be gimped too much)
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

Originally posted by lilnymph

as soon as I can fight aswell as a soldier or an enforcer I will gladly share my abilities with ya hun.

hugs

lilnymph

Strap on a manex and you do soldier level damage , strap on GA and you can tank better then any sol . ready to share?

But I'll admit it! I'm just plain jealous! heh... I want to be able to grid back home after blitzing a mission in sfh, or efp. I'm tired of getting shot in omni ent by those nasty guards *sob*, I don't think I can take it anymore! *holds out a shaking hand* My nerves are shot! I can barely pull a trigger, I can still feel the bullets as they pepper my body *shudders*. please... gimme some grid luvin!
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Bad Idea, if you want to be able to grid play a profession that can grid. Front line chars cant grid, support chars can grid, and Fixers are both so thats why they the best at it, its the way its supposed to be.

Jagdtyger
    Vampiira

Supposed to be?

Errr... I think 'supposed to be' fell out of AO a LONG time ago.

Support class these days are MPs as self-mobile Moch dispensers, and thats it.

Surely Enfs MAs and Sols were 'supposed to be' the un-rivalled Layers Down Of The Unholy Smackdown, and currently Enfs are indeed doing that, but the MAs are lying in foetal positions in the corner of the room whimpering and the Sols have just started suspecting that maybe that long hard winter might, conceivably, come to an end.

Surely Traders and Docs weren't 'supposed to be' walking around the battle field whistling a happy Broadway tune, and killing everything in sight?

If there is two profs that has 'support class' written all over it is Doc and Trader, and yet there they are, happily wiping the blood splatter of their faces, feared and respected by all.

Surely Fixers were never 'supposed to be' tanking uber mobs 80 lvls above them without breaking a sweat? Yet there they are, laying the smackdown on The One with only a HoT running whilst declaring that GA4 is soooo weak, and isn't it time that Fixers got some love too soon?

This was never a nerfing thread at all, and I never called for nerfing anyone (well, not true, I did for the fixers a little bit, but I was trying to flame, and I didn't really mean it! And my flame failed miserably anyways...), the thread was about some of the other profs, maybe, getting some of that good stuff too.

In this case something that would make it easier to get back from the middle of nowhere in an easy and timely manner, and NOT a GA nuke, uber Toothbrush of Doom or 10k AC gear, and would incidentally make it easier for us to hunt and solo in faraway places, and therefore not clutter up the battle field with our unseemly gimped carcasses.

What the non Fixer/Enf/Doc/Trader classes are trying to do here is to find something good outside of the PvP area, only to have the same people who OWN us pop up and say:

'I'm sorry but it's totally out of the question for you to get that, because even though it doesn't actually threaten my personal safety in any way, and is in fact totally irrelevant to combat, be it PvP or PvM, it will make me feel a little bit less special about myself, and therefore you are de facto calling a nerf on my class. So there!"

Nobody wanted to make the fgrid public property, nobody asked for an insta-grid battle field evac opportunity, all we asked for was something that will get us back to civilization in 3 min instead of half an hour.

Was that REALLY too much to ask? Are the blessed profs really so cheap that they can't stand to see other profs get just a little? Even the crumbs from the table?

There is NO 'supposed to be' in this game, and the upside of that is that it is constantly changing. Heck, in 2 patches MPs could be out there in the arena shredding EQB Enfs like Kleenex, or maybe one fine day on the blood streaked grass around a Controller you will hear the cry of 'OMG! An engie is here, run away!'

Not very likely maybe, but I hear tell that Fixers at one time weren't all that uber.

What comes around, goes around...
    Last edited by Revelator; Jan 9th, 2003 at 01:34:27.

No, I'm not back.

let's look at this logically here from a RP perspective
    Adven - my main i don't need one although i wouldn;t mind a nano " return to the wild" teleports to mission entrance just outside mission.
    agent - they can if they want
    crat- not a bad idea crats need luving bad
    doc got thiers
    mp - probbly in SL they will, but not normally
    NT - have their own version
    Trader got theirs
    fixxer has several types. i tend to CH them afterwards as a thank you for doing so
    enf, soldier i can see a self only for both more for soldier though

adven and mp get flight nanos instead for grid, agent can FP, and enf, soldier, and crat, have to buy yalms for decent travel anywhere.

Originally posted by p0is0n

Lots, all i see are Enfs, enfs enfs enfs and umm, enfs.

[Edit]
    Uberest of all profs..?? man is this the same guy that wrote enforcer is the nerfest or what??
    hehe man you have enforcer envy... you need to roll one
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Revelator

Fixers are nerfed? Other professions having SOME kind of grid evac (and heck, make it 180sec for all I care) would mean that a fixer, trader or doc are less worth all of a sudden?

The ONLY reason Fixers, Traders and Docs get into teams is their team grid evac nanos?

Skybert, are we even playing the same game? It's a F-ing travel accessory, thats all!

Giving it to others would only mean more frredom of travel for others, it wouldn't mean that everyone would suddenly stop teaming with grid evac profs, because they would STILL be the most uberest of profs.

And to the fixers I have this to say: Yes, I know you came pre-nerfed to AO, and that you really needed a love patch. No argument there at all.

But you didn't just get a love patch, you got ALL the love there is in the game! You got my advie love, you most certainly got the MPs Engies and Crats love, and you got the Sols and MAs love too

And then we get to hear that making it easier for the other profs to TRAVEL, not fight, is considered a nerf?

Get real, Fixers! You had your love, don't begrudge others the hope of salvation too.
    no. I'm not saying that dox/traders/fixers only get in the team for their grid abilities. BUT their ability is special. Unique. a frigging enf shouldn't have that ability. if enfos get gridnanos, you'll see docs wanting rage, traders wanting challengers, MPs demanding HEs.... if that continues, there will only be one profession in the end.

That is my point. If, let's say, solja's got essences.... I'd feel I'd be worth less. I wouldn't think I'd have problem finding a team, but I'd feel less special. If MAs got mongo, I'd also feel less worth, less special.

Each profession is different. As it should be. You want to grid from the bossroom, rerollinto one of those professions. That is my point. Yes, it is, as you put it, an f'ing travel accessory. But other professions shouldn't get it just because it's "convenient" for them.

oh, and fixers didn't get all the luv. They didn't.

Re: Flame away!

Originally posted by Revelator
    It felt really good to flame by the way, and do feel free to flame me back! Try not to get in trouble with the moderators though, I'd hate to be the indirect cause of anyone getting in trouble.
    well, since you asked for it (see post above)

Originally posted by Sredni

Strap on a manex and you do soldier level damage , strap on GA and you can tank better then any sol . ready to share?
    hehe I strap on a Manex I will do less damage than I do now, as at level 94 with my non maxed RI I could probably go make a cup of coffee between every shot

And I do have GA (mk1) so I can tank, but it really kills my nerves doing it, as when an enforcer (or soldier) does it, we can be pretty sure how long it will take for the mob to kill them, and keep them healed up, but when I do it, I can go from from full health to dead in 2 shots (happened in one mission, even better it was a double hit thing, so I had no chance of being healed, aren't those double hitting mobs fun hehe)

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

I agree with some of the previous comments /terminate is the fastest way to go...
    TOMTEMOR

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast