Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Give all profs a self grid?

Give all profs a self grid?

Why not?

Make it 60 secs or more cast time and let us into the grid.
    Neophyte Sun "Okkra" Tzu
    Fresman Sacre "Norange" Bleu
    Apprentice Deus "Chillout" Vult

Server First: Level 200 Shade kill.

Thanks for stealing all my tradeable phatz.

heh, soldiers definately need a grid nano . Of course I expect a number of support proffs would object, never mind that they figure they have the right to fight as well as or better then soldiers .
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

i think an item would be a good choice too. maybe make a graft that is more common.
    Born on: Wed Jun 27 15:39:10 2001
    Slavor, Soldier, RK1

/terminate works as a grid option. Use that if you need to go somewhere fast.

~Chris

Re: Give all profs a self grid?

Originally posted by Okkra
    Why not?

Make it 60 secs or more cast time and let us into the grid.
    You're lazy

Okkra wrote:

"Make it 60 secs or more cast time and let us into the grid."

[EDIT start]

Didnt read the _or more_ part Well anyways, that part should have been underlined or CAPS heh.

[EDIT ends]

Umm... Have you checked the casting times of other grid nanos perhaps?

Basically youre asking here to give everyone nano which is equivalent of Fixer nano Ride the Grid with 483 requirements on three blue skills PM/SI/MM.

How about getting reality check?

If you were asking for 180s or 240s nano for everyone, I might agree, especially if it has requirements like 700/700/700

You want a grid? Make one of those professions who already have one.

Zarch and da chars
    Last edited by Zarch; Jan 8th, 2003 at 08:43:09.

oh, and for the main thing about this thread, its hardly difficult to either find one of the profs that can grid, or actually find a grid terminal, so I would have to say no, as you are just taking away the abilities of some classes for no real reason.

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

<-- agrees with Lil
    Promoo - Agent, Clan on Rimor
    Still alive but now dressed in spandex and called Big Gun in CoH
    Keeper Of Tiggy

Happy Tree Friends - The best animation on the web

Yup,

If you need a grid, just /tell me if Im around ya

Ill even get you into the fixah grid free of charge... pfft

unless you're clanner

Nah I think profs like enfos or soldiers shouldnt have a grid nano like the support profs...

Until the fixer-grid appeared, I was still kinda tweaked off that docs and traders got grid nanos.

Now it's all good, though. But I still don't think anyone else needs a grid nano - how many teams are you in that don't have a fixer, doc, trader, or NT?
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Originally posted by Abrikoosje
    Yup,

If you need a grid, just /tell me if Im around ya

Ill even get you into the fixah grid free of charge... pfft

unless you're clanner

Nah I think profs like enfos or soldiers shouldnt have a grid nano like the support profs...
    in the beginning, fixers was supposed to be the only ones able to use the grid.

Now, almost everyone has a grid nano.

DON'T GIVE GRID NANOS TO ANY MORE PROFESSIONS!
    I'm saying this as an enforcer. I don't want it. It would not be fair. Gridnanos are an advantage to the proffs that got it. Let them keep that advantage. To take that away from them is to nerf them.

Giving gridnanos to docs and traders nerfed fixers. To give them away to even more professions would nerf them all. DON'T do it.

Enforcers, soljas, adventurers are not fixers. They should not be able to warp/grid/teleport or anything IMHO. NTs and engies got their "version" of moving themselves/others. that is fine. But don't give that ability to anyone else.

heh, see? the support proffs fight as well as the combat proffs, but they don't want to share their abilities with us . Ah well .
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Ooh I know what you can have.

Anyone want team beacon warp?

~Chris

Originally posted by Sredni
    heh, see? the support proffs fight as well as the combat proffs, but they don't want to share their abilities with us . Ah well .
    as soon as I can fight aswell as a soldier or an enforcer I will gladly share my abilities with ya hun.

hugs

lilnymph

Edited because I forgot my smiley face to show I wasn't flaming
    Last edited by lilnymph; Jan 8th, 2003 at 15:37:48.
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

lol dont flame me ppl =)

It was just a suggestion, to get some other ppl´s views about it.
    Neophyte Sun "Okkra" Tzu
    Fresman Sacre "Norange" Bleu
    Apprentice Deus "Chillout" Vult

Server First: Level 200 Shade kill.

Thanks for stealing all my tradeable phatz.

Originally posted by Sredni
    I say screw it! Give everyone grid nanos! While Funcom is at it, they can also give everyone TMS/Nullity and crit buffs too!

"On the brink of the dark he stood, with only the dream of the cities, the million books, the spectral images of the people he had loved, who had loved him, whom he had known and lost. They will not come again. They never will come back again."

-Thomas Wolfe (1900-1938), Look Homeward, Angel

Ok, and at the same time, give everyone drains, complete heals, personal wrangles, +80 treament nano's, beacon warps, hellspinners, damage shields, reflect shields, run buffs, crit buffs....
    Jellobiafra General of First Order
    First Order-Cleaning clanners since 29210
    Visit our website to join!!

Originally posted by Skybert

DON'T GIVE GRID NANOS TO ANY MORE PROFESSIONS!
    I'm saying this as an enforcer. I don't want it. It would not be fair. Gridnanos are an advantage to the proffs that got it. Let them keep that advantage. To take that away from them is to nerf them.

Giving gridnanos to docs and traders nerfed fixers. To give them away to even more professions would nerf them all. DON'T do it.

Fixers are nerfed? Other professions having SOME kind of grid evac (and heck, make it 180sec for all I care) would mean that a fixer, trader or doc are less worth all of a sudden?

The ONLY reason Fixers, Traders and Docs get into teams is their team grid evac nanos?

Skybert, are we even playing the same game? It's a F-ing travel accessory, thats all!

Giving it to others would only mean more frredom of travel for others, it wouldn't mean that everyone would suddenly stop teaming with grid evac profs, because they would STILL be the most uberest of profs.

And to the fixers I have this to say: Yes, I know you came pre-nerfed to AO, and that you really needed a love patch. No argument there at all.

But you didn't just get a love patch, you got ALL the love there is in the game! You got my advie love, you most certainly got the MPs Engies and Crats love, and you got the Sols and MAs love too

Because of YOU, fixers, there is NO more love left in the game! We have to wait until you fixers are not only totally nerfed but in fact removed from the game entirely to have any chance of lovin' at all!

And then we get to hear that making it easier for the other profs to TRAVEL, not fight, is considered a nerf?

Get real, Fixers! You had your love, don't begrudge others the hope of salvation too.
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    Until the fixer-grid appeared, I was still kinda tweaked off that docs and traders got grid nanos.

Now it's all good, though. But I still don't think anyone else needs a grid nano - how many teams are you in that don't have a fixer, doc, trader, or NT?
    Lots, all i see are Enfs, enfs enfs enfs and umm, enfs.

[Edit]
    Uberest of all profs..?? man is this the same guy that wrote enforcer is the nerfest or what??

But then again...

Of course, the grid IS kinda tedious of course. I mean you still have to actually travel and navigate within it, and I am beginning to tire of it.

Instead of asking for a grid nano, thus bringing the whole fixer community (if you can call a bunch of OCD ninjas a community that is) down on me (which I by the way did in my previous post, so that's already taken care of), I will instead ask for a reverse version of the engies Warp nano.

Thats right, I want the nano (in self, other and team version) to warp myself to any outdoor location I should so choose (not like the NTs, that one is weak) and be there in say, 10 seconds.

Heck, I want to be able to use it in PvP too, with the proper nano resist check of course (we all know how well they work, right?) to intentionally warp someone else up to 4 zones away. Why not? Give it a 10 sec cast time, and a real distictive sound and light show (so people can SEE it coming), and it really shouldn't be that much more different than fixers rooting everyone, except the other way around of course.

And the good thing is, there won't be that many complaints about the similarity to Engie and NT nanos, because Engies and NTs are generally not as selfish as Fixers.
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast