Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time for some new engi bot's

Lightbulb Time for some new engi bot's

Why not give us engi's new improved bot's?
    Thoose in Robocop looks nice.
    How about some that shoots?

http://www.angelfire.com/ct/ams/images/robocoptv2lg.jpg

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/...ca/rc1/ed6.jpg
    Increase the kill skill...

The Crat droids were armed with SMG's once. It didn't work as well as you might think though, because the bot spent too much time running around looking for a good place to shoot from. They actually get into combat faster if they're based on close combat.

Don't ask me why that might be. Pathing code is intractible stuff though, at least in 3D environments where you have to conform to a surface. Ranged mobs suffer from the same problem from time to time. Maybe part of the problem is the way LOS checks work, since currently an avatar's position is represented as a point on the surface it's standing on. LOS checks from avatar to avatar are made between those points (ie. feet to feet), rather that from head to head or head to any point on the target. This is why you can't trace LOS to a target if there's a slight rise in the terrain between you.

A pity, since otherwise it's a nice idea. I'm not sure whether it would help much in PvM, but it'd definitely help in PvP where one of the prime tactics against pet professions is to root the pet then stay out of its range.

Cheers,

~R~

The sad thing is that they removed the SMGs back then when LOS was lossy as ever, thesedays it actually works (though some people got blind chars and will refuse on this one)
    I belive the War Bot had ranged weapons aswell, but im not 100% sure about thisone.

What the engies should get is a "Summon Lego Man/Woman" to go en pair with the Charm Leet Adv nano.
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

Or increase the attack rating on the current bots. You ever saw a Slayer II against a level 200 Enforcer ?

Parry
    Parry
    Parry
    Hit
    Parry
    Hit
    Parry
    hit
    Parry
    Parry

5 min later Slayer still fighting that enforcer. Don't want them to hit harder just a little bit more often !
    Aguitha, Engineer
    Cratisha, Bureaucrat

Red face

No, although the warbots have a minigun, it's treated as a close-combat weapon. Pretty silly, the gun doesn't make any sound either..
    Ernest "Zane0" Bunke - Equipment - Perks
    Obsidian Order
    Advisor

Fix 200+ Engineer Slayers

Maybe it has a silencer ? =D
    Neophyte Sun "Okkra" Tzu
    Fresman Sacre "Norange" Bleu
    Apprentice Deus "Chillout" Vult

Server First: Level 200 Shade kill.

Thanks for stealing all my tradeable phatz.

Re: Time for some new engi bot's

Originally posted by Speeder
    Why not give us engi's new improved bot's?
    Thoose in Robocop looks nice.
    How about some that shoots?

http://www.angelfire.com/ct/ams/images/robocoptv2lg.jpg

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/...ca/rc1/ed6.jpg

hahah yes indeed all the pet classes need a make over but well,,, FC dont think so,,,, so i doubt we will get nothing ,,, in Shadow Lands there will probaly some new profs without pet but with the same abilities to make us totaly outdated :\ sad but seems what FC is aiming for!
    =:Main Char:=

Kazax Meta-Physicist (Saint) Rk2

=:Alternative Chars:=

Ugtar Enforcer (Union Man) Rk2

Kazzax Enforcer (Worker) Rk1 (Retired)

Kickn1337 Martial Artist (Master 5th Dan) Rk2

Der finder kun 10 slags mennesker dem som forstår binær og dem som ikke gør!!!

Originally posted by Aguitha
    Or increase the attack rating on the current bots. You ever saw a Slayer II against a level 200 Enforcer ?

Parry
    Parry
    Parry
    Hit
    Parry
    Hit
    Parry
    hit
    Parry
    Parry

5 min later Slayer still fighting that enforcer. Don't want them to hit harder just a little bit more often !
    Dunno but engies with transference are pretty nasty in duels.

ooooh! engies with bots that use SMGs?

Like a tradeskill-thingy! You could buy the SMG (appropriate lvl for you bot), hack it, and mount it on your bot (yes, you'd have to do this everytime the bot is made/created)

That way engies could choose. Ranged or melee on their pets.

Do you like that idea? I do. I think engies need some luuuuv.

kamekazi bots

I've probably missed a few things as I was away for several months, but I'm disappointed that the kamekazi bots were never implemented. In effect this woud have given engies an area nuke, which could have been fun.

As it stands we have very little by way of combat skills. We have no roots, snares, poisons, calms or nukes. We may have transference, but that starts at level 185 - bit of a long time to wait IMO. We also have few weapon skills, so engies are forced to either use the pistol - not the best of damage dealers, or use a single skill weapon - usually a Vektor. Our pets were level-capped, forcing us to spend a lot of money on finding mochams and infuses from a dwindling number of MP's (a seriously unpopular class these days).

Money also remains a major problem for this class. The tailoring of chest items to profession was little compensation. Nobody I know ever makes weapons, least of all from treasure items, but all I ever find in chests these days are weapon parts. Nobody makes them because they don't sell.

We need something to make up for the fact that these days the engineer class has no real PvP strength, has little to make it attractive to team with, and has a boring and unrewarding solo game. I suggest new skills. Useful ones that we could bring to teams as well as individuals. For example, as engineers we could supertune player's weapons, or make a yalmaha fly faster, or reverse warp (i.e eng warps to team). For PvP, being able to unsnare/root our pets, or calm/root/tame/ hostile bots would be a major improvement.

Kamikazi

The Kamikazi is being deleted from the database even though an appropriate fix was reported to FC. I doubt they even tried it.

Lightbulb

Actually we <engineers> do have an "un-root/snare" program now.It's called Energize Shell.As well aggression/damage & Defensive booster programs to stack with our trimmers.That's not counting our personal specials soak program which can suck up to 6 specials <burst,fling,etc,etc> So we're not as bad as we used to be.

Although I wish Fc would implement a "snap-to" warp like command that would basically bring the bot to within 5 feet of you <to avoid having to play yo'yo with the bot off walls>.

Just when the bot is created it is tagged with a reference ID that matches it's creator,and when the snap-command is used,the bot checks the current play field for it's masters ID tag and "snaps" <snap being a reference to drafting programs,where the line would be given a reference point to all the nearest "ends" of other lines,and would "warp" to it when in a certain range>

But yeah,that's all I presonally really want.It's more of a fix than anything else.

page with the nano-programs:

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=search&nano=1&req[or%3Aprofession%3Avisual+profession]=%3D3&pagesize=1000

Necromatic
    Engineer,RK1
    Synergy Factor

Originally posted by Piercingevil

Dunno but engies with transference are pretty nasty in duels.
    huh?? thats like fighting a MA without the crit buffs and heals.... You must be seriously gimped.

calm bot and engie is a useless tool.

Well,I dunno bout that.Take an engie' who's heavy into using MA as his personal attack style of choice,all the right implants,crit buffs and slayer transferance with it's +400 to MA <yowch>,and you can bet that if you do manage to calm his bot,he's gonna knock you on your ass pretty fast for it. =P

Originally posted by Necromatic
    slayer transferance with it's +400 to MA

300 :P

engies have a higher attack rating than an MA fully buffed (in trans..), but dark blue init, dark blue evades, and our only heal is FoL which involves raising another dark blue skill (parry)
    /tell Numeric

--:o IS NOT .
    [Khaln]: it's teh small and soft
    [Khaln]: BUT
    [Khaln]: I need teh large and hard

Apart from Sep this is like the newbie eng thread. Jesus get a clue people.
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

I AM AWESOME

....seriousely
    (so is rude)
    /tell Numeric

--:o IS NOT .
    [Khaln]: it's teh small and soft
    [Khaln]: BUT
    [Khaln]: I need teh large and hard

Originally posted by Seppubot

300 :P

engies have a higher attack rating than an MA fully buffed (in trans..), but dark blue init, dark blue evades, and our only heal is FoL which involves raising another dark blue skill (parry)
    What is FoL?

Oops,yeah +300,my bad,thanks for correcting me on that =) but still,owwie.

Originally posted by Damor

What is FoL?
    Flower of Life, a MA attack. Heal 2500 hp at ql 200 I think, long recharge tho.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast