Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: high lvl pulling mobs on low level.. Am i a whiner?

Post high lvl pulling mobs on low level.. Am i a whiner?

Yesterday i got invited to a towerbattle by a friend of mine. it was a ql 20-30 base in Stret west that belonged to the omni guild Sentinels.
    However when we got there there was noone around except the two of us and a 199 enf from sentinels. seeing as the enforcer was 174 lvls higher than us we started attacking the tower. the enf took off and we assumed she left when suddenly the intense whining from rollerrats was all over.

We found ourself attacked by 10-20 rats + some blubbs that the enf pulled on us. they arnt very hard to kill, but that many got me killed after fighting off 3 waves of em. i died from the 4th pull the enf did and then i did a petition to see if mobpulling is allowed. (and the ark told me it isnt. so to ppl who experience this, take some screens and the person pulling will get a warning)

Anyways i told the enf i sent a petition and then she started calling me whiner.. griefer. whatever..Claiming she had the rights on her side since i was outside buffed. (but i wasnt)

Why would she call me a whiner? i didnt whine. i told her i did the /petition just to check if she could pull mobs without doing anything wrong. didnt report her or anything. are ppl that afraid of loosing 4 low lvl towers?

i did my rezztime and headed to the towers again. this time noone was there.

The story ends when me and my friend killed the base + killed a omni nt that dropped by. A high lvl omni fixer from sentinels dropped by and i want to thank u for not pulling any mobs on us.

Oh well. my 2 cents. my first towerfight. and my first pvp kill. i had fun.

ps: sorry on behalf of those who lost towers. nothing personal. only pleasure
    Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit...

.Hack//Sign

training mobs on anyone intentionally is griefing plain and simple.

If he was 199 then it had to be intentional as he couldn't agro them 'accidently'. You could petition him, but I doubt an ARK would be there in time to witness it.

It's just another example of the lows some people will go to in PvP - which guild was in?
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

ere.

it was a female enforcer lvl 199 from the omni guild Sentinels:

http://www.anarchy-online.com/org/st...1/name/2287617
    Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit...

.Hack//Sign

hehe yeah I love it when people cheat and when you call them on it they call you a whiner, or my favorite is they cheat you call them on it and they say some sentence with the word "carebear" in it. Carebear is what their doing since they can't seem to win honestly they have to cheat, thats lame and weak. I am Omni and I dont' condone cheating and its not just omni I've seen plenty of cheating on the clan side.

Oh and for gods sake just because the game lets you do it doesn't mean its not cheating. I can reach over and take all the money out of the bank in monopoly and the game doesn't do a thing, so I guess thats not cheating either.

~aqua
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

Re: high lvl pulling mobs on low level.. Am i a whiner?

Originally posted by Tha Smurfy

The story ends when me and my friend killed the base + killed a omni nt that dropped by. A high lvl omni fixer from sentinels dropped by and i want to thank u for not pulling any mobs on us.
    LOL it was my NT I believe I got 5 messages u were attack by xxx, yy and so on... And a few secs after one of u said, that i was outside buffed... lol I admit i was but saying u werent that just bull**** I managed to kill one of u guys before I myself died, the only one I killed was the only one not outside buffed with a HoT too... dont play innocent...
    Jamesdum President of Ragnarok
    Jamespond Member of Ragnarok
    Jamespond2 Member of Ragnarok

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

see I don't get the big argument on outside buffing, someone casting high level heals I agree with that shouldn't happen, but this is a war its not a friendly duel between two people over who is best. In a war the soldiers don't say Naa General It wouldn't be fair is we used a tank the enemy doesn't have any, we'll just fight this one hand to hand it'll be ok. I say outside buff you a** off before you go into battle.

If the make it so that all outside buffs cancel as you enter a pvp area thats good too, but until then use every legit thing you can and I dont think anybody can say with a straight face that outside buffing is some kinda exploit.

!aqua
    Last edited by Aqua; Jan 7th, 2003 at 20:29:47.
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

It's NOT PvP, it's OvO

The Notum Wars is only incidentally PvP, what it really is is
    Org vs Org, and even Clan vs Omni (and sorry again Neutrals, but you are still on the extreme sidelines of this).

If you can't find someone in your org or side to outside buff you, then you have a major problem anyway.

It's an exploit basically if FC knows about it, and has said that it is indeed an exploit. Outside buffing has been around forever, FC has to my knowledge not banned it (or done anything about it at all), or even considered banning.

We all have access to the same buffs and pretty much the same equipment (especially the below 100s, since there isn't that much camp-insanely-high-lvl-bosses gear to be had at low altitudes), and twinks probably outnumber the newbies 10 to 1 anyway.

If an org can't summon defenders in the appropiate lvl range, then that org must either find someone else to defend it, or re-evaluate their recruiting policies, or just abandon the tower.

Training too high mobs on attackers you can't attack is a really low way of doing it, and then slamming you for doing a /petition for it is even lower, it's pretty much an admittance of guilt in itself.

A person who really believed himslef innocent would say "Go ahead and petition, I don't care, I know I'm right", only griefers complain that it's whining.
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

two things...

1) an omni guild named sentinals? Might as well make a clan division of omni pol

2) I firmly beleive that training in most circumstances is a terrible thing to do, but during a tower battle I think all bets should be off. The high lvl enf could not defend his tower via normal means so he bought in the cavalry (in the form of rats).

Serious question..would it be better for the enf to just sit and watch as his tower is being demolished if he can't attack back, or would it be better for him to do something mildly inventive like bring in a legion of rats to hold of the attackers while the cavalry arrived? Zones are built with a certain ql and he puled mobs which the attackers shouldn't have had a difficult time killing. It's not like he pulled an obscenely powerful mob like the pest on attackers...which happened to us during an attack the other day.

Jamespond:

check out my post at fixer forum if u want to see my stats ol. but belive it or not. i only got my own selfcasted hot on. but. seeing the hot u had on its kinda weird u died.

as for the other ppl there. they was outside buffed. kept whining about "have to get mastery" "have to get hot" so on. even tough most of them was to high to attack the towers.

oh well. i always fight selfbuffed.

edit: i bet i used a hour to actually kill the control tower. seeing as i was only one left able to attack its hp barely moved at all.
    the person could have made a char. lvld 25 times and twinked.

well. seriously. what ppl ususally do, is take a trip to their own base. omni 1. getting someone willing to fight isnt usually a big problem.
    Last edited by Julekake; Jan 7th, 2003 at 21:13:21.

.Hack//Sign

hehe okay maybe u did but the others sure didnt, well i only had a hot on and my HP was 300, so with 4 or 5 people shooting at me Im surprised I didnt die faster
    Jamesdum President of Ragnarok
    Jamespond Member of Ragnarok
    Jamespond2 Member of Ragnarok

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

answer:

Originally posted by Zoltah
    two things...
    Serious question..would it be better for the enf to just sit and watch as his tower is being demolished if he can't attack back, or would it be better for him to do something mildly inventive like bring in a legion of rats to hold of the attackers while the cavalry arrived? Zones are built with a certain ql and he puled mobs which the attackers shouldn't have had a difficult time killing. It's not like he pulled an obscenely powerful mob like the pest on attackers...which happened to us during an attack the other day.
    yes.

bannable offense and good riddance.

people like this usually vote yes to these statements:

if nobody saw it i did not do it.

if it is not strictly forbidden it is allowed and should be encouraged.

everybody else MIGHT be doing it so i HAVE TO in order to stay competitive.

do that as much as you want but never ever again wonder why the percentage of people interested in pvp is so small.

a game is not for your pleasure alone it was meant to be enjoyed together.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Training mobs on low level players is griefing. No matter if the low level attacking your base or not.

Too bad FC don't have a emergency griefing police to catch them in the act...

I usually hate this kinda crap, but in this case... I think it was great!!

He couldnt attack you to deffend his base.... Does that mean he should instead just sit there and watch you destroy MILLIONS of credits in hardware? Cause he couldnt attack you? He deffended his base in any way he could.

99% of the time.... training sucks, and its meant to grief other people,. In this case it was used is a deffense mechanism.

Moer power to the 199 Enf for some creative thinking.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

If an org cant defend a low lvl base because either their members are too high or not on thats just too bad, not a reason to grief someone. Setup the towers so that the gas goes 25% when alot are on if thats a prob, or call in low lvl help if they need but griefing is griefing no matter the situation. If they cant do any of that then yes, they should just sit back and watch their towers fall cause they have no right to keep a tower they cant defend legitimately.

The enforcer should have been able to defend his base in some fashion. Desperation was probably the incentive behind what she did, not a premeditated effort to grief.

Originally posted by Turin
    I usually hate this kinda crap, but in this case... I think it was great!!

He couldnt attack you to deffend his base.... Does that mean he should instead just sit there and watch you destroy MILLIONS of credits in hardware? Cause he couldnt attack you? He deffended his base in any way he could.

99% of the time.... training sucks, and its meant to grief other people,. In this case it was used is a deffense mechanism.

Moer power to the 199 Enf for some creative thinking.
    Oooohhh millions of CREDITS at stake! Yeah, that must hurt a lot seeing all that money go down the drain.

Only it was a ql 20-30 base, in which case I doubt it cost more than 500k, all towers combined.

And 1 lvl 199 enf, in a guild especially, shouldn't even consider 500k real money, 500k at that lvl is change-in-the-back-of-the-sofa money, it's what a lvl 199 should tip a tradeskiller if he/she/it uses one outside the org.

And since when did training mobs become a sign of creative thinking?
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

If I was in that enforcer's place I'd have done the same thing. I'd have also buffed my own guildmates with everything I could, and anything else I'm capable of.

When you attack a base, you are not attacking a bunch of mobs, you are attacking an organization - which means everyone in it. That includes their level 199 enforcers, not just the people who are in your PvP range. That enforcer had every right to do anything he could to defend himself.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

So when defending your base its ok do grief and do the things that will get you banned?

Thats just stupid. If you cant defend your base normally, you dont deserve to keep it.

Defending his base 'normally' means he would have farted and smacked your life limpless against a tree. It should have been no problem for him to defend his base against a couple insignificant fleas like the attackers. Problem is there's some assinine game mechanics that prevent him from defending a tower that he himself might have built.

That's like a mother not being able to defend her pre-teen child against a rapist because she's 35 years old and he's only 17.

There's so much wrong with Notum Wars and the enforcer not being able to defend his territory against attackers is only the beginning. Why on earth would a group of fledgling adventurers decide to attack the installation of an organization that has level 200 members? Don't you people check the information on the group you are attacking. Or are you looking to exploit the loophole where you know you can't be attacked because you're so low level.

Originally posted by FakoNamo
    So when defending your base its ok do grief and do the things that will get you banned?

Thats just stupid. If you cant defend your base normally, you dont deserve to keep it.
    If you can't beat me in pvp, you don't deserve to get my base.

The only reason the enforcer had to pull mobs was because the game didn't allow him to fight, not because he couldn't (or wouldn't) have won a fight.

It would be lame if level 199s could go start fights against level 10 towers. But if you are the one to attack, and you attack an org with a level 199, when you're level 50, you deserve to lose.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast