Thread: 2 Suggestions to make this game more friendly

2 Suggestions to make this game more friendly

1) the ability to not just go /afk, but go /afk and give a reason. Example being /afk at dinner, or /afk in a mission atm, or /afk blitzing

2) the ability to label our backpacks. Our banks are insanely cluttered, and there aren't enough different backpack types to fully organize. The ability to label backpacks would be a tremendous help.
    Level 210 Vanguard Kaelien | Current Equipment
    .theAdventurer | AO Bookmarks

Executing Nano Program: Leet Friend.
    Nano program execution error. You fumbled.
    Leet: roxxor
    Attacked by Leet!

u forgot 3rd point

3.) resizable windows. i d really like to have my inv sizeable.

i wish i could open my bank and see "all" bags same time and all are labled.
    /tell Oezcan

Yeah, no kidding! I can't believe I forgot that. HUGE bump for resizable windows. (and this should include menus like the friends list where you can't see 50% of your friends)

Attacked by Leet!

right Kaelien i agree
    /tell Oezcan

Labelable bags now!

BUUUUUUUUMMMMPPPPP!!!!
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

*/me hopes Revelator is a DEV from FC*
    /tell Oezcan

They already addressed the bag labeling thing, so we wont see that happening. Has to do with the way the database works, if you were to label bags they would have to be bags by that name in the database, so that client and server matched.

Since we cant label our own bags, how bout we as players make a list of bags that we would like to see, I would imagine the easiest thing for FC to do would be to add a bunch more bag types as they have no impact on game in any way shape or form.

I know I would like to see Weapon Bags labeled in each of the weapon types, ie Pistols, Rifles, Shotguns, 1he, and so on.

Maybe a bag labeled Carbon Rocks.

or

Instruction Discs
    Kits (nano, treat)
    Rings
    Bracers
    Tradeskill Supplies (pieces of bronto armor, ingots yada yada)
    Armor (but were the color of the icon comes in say 5 diff colors)
    NCU's
    Nanos! (but diff bags, by profession! ie Agent Nanos)

And of course the bag that says Uber Items.

Theres lots we can come up with that would cover just about all our needs for sorting.

Jagdtyger (172 adv)
    Vampiira (150 tra)

Uber item bag? Bump for this!

~Chris

bah, fine, if they can't make it more friendly by labeling bags, at least introduce several hundred new bag types.

Attacked by Leet!

As far as I can recall, labelling bags is technically impossible due to the database model AO uses, but a bump on more bag types, esp like Weapons - Rifles, or Nanos - Agents.
    Basher Tarr, Engineer, and damn proud of it!

(really)

How about a /bank search function, where you could open the bank and type a string into a text field, click OK, and the items or backpacks containing the items would be highlited in red or some other color. The syntax for such a function could look like

/bank search [item substring] [ql min] [ql max]

for example

/bank search Suppressor 10 50 (find all items containing the substring Suppressor in the ql 10 to 50 range)
    /bank search Plast 90 (find all items containing the substring Plast in the ql 90+ range - including Metaplast, Plasteel, etc. armors).

Also, an item organizer function would be nice. I spent literally hours sorting implants and weapons in my bank the other day. While this had some entertainment and nostalgic value, it's not something I want to have to repeat on a routine basis to know where my stuff is. I mean this is supposed to be the year 29000 and yet I have to do all this mundane crap by hand? LOL. As I recall, they invented database search/sort functions in the 20th century. Get with the times, FC.