Thread: Fightin' lag! >:P

Angry Fightin' lag! >:P

Alright, before every tower battle i go to i put graphics on 16 bit and texture quality on crap. Aka, 'doom 1 mode' nicknamed by Yppo.

I turn off all of the environment effects, nano effects, etc..

I admit im on dial-up. But the lag i experience in NW battles is still total crap. I've been told by several people '**** they got stromm' and im still alive on my comp, waiting to be warped at 4,000 mph into a swamp or some **** in 5 more minutes, LD, and log back on at the reclaim. lol And the constant 'entry and exit' of chat channels due to linkdeath. I've had some fun at some tower battles dont get me wrong but in those big bloodbaths where it's 5 guilds on 5 guilds combine that with CC and my box acts like a pinto starting up ignition. Perhaps im not the only one experiencing this - what about cable users? Lag complaints seem to be pretty universal from what ive seen but i don't know everyone's systems. What other things can i do besides turn the graphics to low and disable all environment effects to make lag less?
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

I dunno... seems like bandwidth is rarely a problem for me. In REALLY huge fights my ping will jump to 600-800 and every action I take will lag a second or two. The killer is the initial load time when I arrive at the scene of the fight. It's loading up info on every single person in the area very suddenly and this causes my comp to tank. A few days ago at the battle at our ql200 base in Belial, I arrived, scouted a bit (it's a VERY huge base) and eventually stumbled on the attacking force of 25-30 people. When I did, my comp immediately tanked to .1 fps, and when it stopped 20 seconds later (I guess after loading every person there) I was dead and my screen was filled with red damage text.

The trick seems to be surviving that initial hit as you come across a big group of people. After they're loaded, my system works pretty smoothly and lag is rarely an issue.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Things seem to get a lot better when I set the view distance pretty low and turn off environmental effects (char view distance low as well).

But then, I'm not on dialup.

lag.

have only been in one big battle and then i was instakilled when i ran to 25%. (im a ma) the lag was ok. i guess we were 40-50 ppl there. i always run 16 bit with everything low. in 800x600.

Best thing is to stay still. look down and have low chardist.
    run the crappyest res ur monitor can take. but do it some time before a battle. its really confusing suddenly changing from 1200x1024 (most ppls res i guess) to 640 and jump straight into a battle.
    Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit...

.Hack//Sign