Thread: Hope this doesnt turn into a "I am the most gimped ...." thread

Hope this doesnt turn into a "I am the most gimped ...." thread

This is some ideas I had kicking around in my head, please try to keep the posistive. First off I think NO ONE should be nerfed .... if a class needs help improve that class and dont take away from another. Breaking one prof to fix another ....is not fixing things.

Adventurers -- Ranged alt to Sol Fire

Agent -- Undo Crit Nerf and maybe a way of them causing people to lose target once every 15-20 seconds

Bureaucrat -- Honestly dont know

Doctor -- Seems hard to kill but has trouble killing(seems appropiate)

Enforcer -- Seems to do just fine

Engineer -- Honestly dont know

Fixer -- Does just fine

Martial Artist -- Undo Crit Nerf

Meta-Phys -- Honestly dont know

Nano-Tech -- Honestly dont know

Solider -- Seems to me they should have good offense and defense, not the best at either but up there in both

Trader -- Seems to me they do just fine

Every class has things that need to be fixed and everyone thinks that thier needs are the most important If FC can fix little things in every class and work on the major things at same time, I think alot more players will be happy.

BTW if you disagree with anything said here, fine. I welcome other ideas but keep it posistive, ways of improving your prof or others profs without the "Nerf them and make me better" attitude.

Cheers
    Sepaku
    131 Atrox Fixer

Off on Trader by a bit:
    • Address the imbalance between the benefits of a skill wrangle and the short duration/ncu hog that renders it unwelcome in action.
      Skill wrangles were not meant to be an OE tool. Divest/Plunder was not meant to be a PvP weapon. The two systems were meant to work together, with the skills gained from Divest/Plunder mostly offsetting the skills lost to the team with a skill wrangle. Most people do not want the wrangle in their ncus while in action because they eat so many NCU and last for so short a time, they have no value compared to longer lasting buffs.
    • Fix the charm line or replace it with something useful.
      My Brain for Your Brain, if working 100% correctly, would leave the Trader rooted to the spot for 30 minutes if the mob charmed was not killed or the trader hit, breaking the nanoformula (which currently does not work so you'll be imitating a statue till death). Assuming you somehow kept the charmed mob alive for the full length of the nano, what are you going to do with it after it clears the immediate area? Logic error AND bug.
    • Fix DHP correctly.
      Using single delayed health payment will in a good 75% of the cases not do much good. Using more than 1 delayed health payment will lead to the death of the trader prolly in a good 85%-95% of the cases. The damage from the nano comes too fast to survive, especially if the trader attracts aggro, if used more than once. Stack them and its guaranteed a trip to reclaim. And the heal amount from a single DHP will most likely be erased too quickly to get the target out of trouble.
    • Add more tradeskills
      Aside from the uber wants from people (instruction disk only nanos, unique items) a whole line of nanos is being wasted. Both for the profession and for buffing others (I have no problem giving Maestros to an engineer so they can make what I cannot). If that means weapons go through the existing tradeskill weapons, make sure they work, and then make them semi-viable. They do not have to be more uber than every weapon out there. The Mausser Particle/Chemical Streamers are proof of this. There is a lot of appeal for a decent weapon that can be customized for the QL you want.
    • Change AC Drains/AC Transfers -
      This one is complicated. With uber mobs having uber acs, draining a mob of its AC cost more time you could be doing something useful compared to the good that is done. For AC Transfers, see wrangles (plus it prolly irks engineers and adventurers as well). I propose changing the AC drains so each one opens a different 'hole' in a single specific damage type on the target. The AC transfer then takes the amount of AC drained and changes the everyone's damage type to the hole just opened to target that AC type. Of course it would have to be balanced, along with the mob's ac types. But then mobs could be given varying damage types they're strong against and damage types they're weak against. It would be up to the trader to figure out which one to capitalize on.

Obviously the last one is a wish. But the rest are definate issues that irk the hell out of me on my trader, along with others in the profession.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Adventurers - the one thing every adventurer wanted for the adventurer patch, and also the one thing we didn't get : fix our darn morphs!

For a nt.

Like was posted in the nt forums by peircingevil lower the nano resistance on all our nano formulas by 50% at least.

Removing nano fumble from the game completely. Or taking a look at the code for it as the fumble rate any nuke i use has gone through the roof.

And personaly i would like to see something to help out with recharge times.

And finaly something that all if not most profs could benifit from would be the ability to stack treatment kits and nano recharger kits.
    svendor lvl 206 nt
    Eternal fury
    LORD oF THE CLAW CAMP.

Apart from pet pathing, which is not a trivial problem to fix, Engineers have a number of problems right now.
    • Lack of a team role.

Affects MP's too to an extent, since they're reliant on their pets for most of their capabilities. MP's get invited onto teams so that everyone can sponge free nanoskill buffs from them, not because they're desirable in their own right as the Crat is. Engineers don't have buffs that people ask for very often, so we lag behind slightly.

Obviously, perfect pet pathing would fix this, but in the absence of that both professions really require an ability that teams want and that's more than a simple buff.
    • We're squishy.

The bot's tough as nails, but the Engineer can be taken out with alarming rapidity. Our AC buffs are fine as far as they go, but the minimum damage rule limits their utility. Our reflects and damage shields are distinctly sub par for their requirements and NCU usage. Our reflects in particular are so poor that it's actually considered an exploit for an Engineer to overwrite a Soldier's reflect with one of his own. The special absorb shield has helped a bit in PvP, but it's not much use in PvM and in any case it doesn't take long to kill an Engie with regular hits.

In PvM, it's adds you dread, especially ranged or nano using adds. We have an excellent blind aura, but it's short ranged and breaks if the target takes damage. That pretty much precludes using our other defences such as reflects and damage shields.
    There are also the usual gripes about buff begging, which have some foundation at the upper levels especially. However, with the new AMS buffs etc. for Engineer bots, it's much less of an issue in the low to mid levels than it used to be. Maybe Shadowlands will fix it when it eventually comes out.

Cheers,

~R~

Originally posted by Soyuz
    Our reflects in particular are so poor that it's actually considered an exploit for an Engineer to overwrite a Soldier's reflect with one of his own.
    its considered an exploit because it's not supposed to overwrite soldier reflects

Then they should lower the NCU reqs on the Engineer reflects. The game checks which buff uses the most NCU when you attempt to overwrite one with another, on the assumption that the buff with the higher NCU cost will be the more effective buff. In the case of Engineer reflects and damage shields, that's so far from being the case that I can effectively gimp you if your reflect or damage shield is a big part of your strategy.

Our AC buffs are on a par with everyone else's as far as skill reqs, nano and NCU costs go, even slightly better. It's only the reflect and damage shields that are the issue. I'm not too fussy about the skill reqs, since the skills used to cast those buffs are all green for an Engineer, but the nano and particularly the NCU costs are ridiculous for the effect of the nanoprog. If the NCU costs were dropped a little then the exploit would no longer be possible and you'd have some happier Engineers running around the place.

Oh yeah, fix the mess with broken/useless trimmers while you're at it please

By the way Kuroshio, I don't think I've ever seen Trader AC drains brought up as an issue on the Engineer boards (don't know about the Advent's though). AC's nice, but with a half-decent set of armour AC buffs are far from being the alpha and omega of buffs.

Cheers,

~R~
    Last edited by Soyuz; Jan 7th, 2003 at 23:30:53.

For the MP
    • Some kind of croud control
    • Fix evocations
    • New pets for high end content so that we dont end at level 130
    • Some new kind of demon whether be elemental or whatever
    • Some kind of new heal pet most likely the Angel ideas.
    • Fix mez pets so that they work.
    • Hehe.... Pathing.
    • Something to be harder to kill since we have like the worst HP in the game.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

Originally posted by Kuroshio
    Off on Trader by a bit:
    [list][*] Address the imbalance between the benefits of a skill wrangle and the short duration/ncu hog that renders it unwelcome in action.
    Skill wrangles were not meant to be an OE tool. Divest/Plunder was not meant to be a PvP weapon. The two systems were meant to work together, with the skills gained from Divest/Plunder mostly offsetting the skills lost to the team with a skill wrangle. Most people do not want the wrangle in their ncus while in action because they eat so many NCU and last for so short a time, they have no value compared to longer lasting buffs.
    Mmmm... speak for yourself, but if there's a trader in my team who wants to keep a 132 wrangle going, I've NEVER seen a team tell him to stop. It significantly raises the team's damage outputs and offensive capabilities, equivalent to a crat addalloff aura and a permanent set of Mochies in just 52 (?) NCU.

But I do agree with you about the intentions of the nanos. Just not that people don't want wrangles because of NCU - like I said, I've *never* seen anyone turn them down. I am a fixer, so the fact that my teams are always NCU buffed might help.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin

Mmmm... speak for yourself, but if there's a trader in my team who wants to keep a 132 wrangle going, I've NEVER seen a team tell him to stop. It significantly raises the team's damage outputs and offensive capabilities, equivalent to a crat addalloff aura and a permanent set of Mochies in just 52 (?) NCU.

But I do agree with you about the intentions of the nanos. Just not that people don't want wrangles because of NCU - like I said, I've *never* seen anyone turn them down. I am a fixer, so the fact that my teams are always NCU buffed might help.
    well it does happen, I ocassionlly get asked to not cast my wrangle, but its usually when it fills up a soliders or nts NCU so they can't cast NS or TMS. I generally supply them until I am told to stop unless I am messing with my AC drains(132 wrangle dumps my MC down low enough to where I can't cast them). In the boss room I will normally do my ac buffs then the transfer ac buff and a wrangle. I know thats a lot of NCU like 116 I think for two buffs but I am usually teamed with a fixer so most of the team can take it.

I am impressed that this thread has stayed constructive and hasn't turned into a yeah right you need nerfed thread.

~aqua
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

*bumps* I agree with what people are saying about their profs. Having a MP and not being able to cast anything but a single pet kindof stinks. something to specialize for the occasion. I wont get started on my engie...

Currently I'm working on a mid-high level soldier JcWarrior.
    *currently 164* and I am very disappointed.
    I have spent lots of time twinking etc and I am still gimped in pvp and pvm *outdamaged in pvm and rooted till tms x is down in pvp then splatted by any prof* and don't tell me that hellspinner will solve all problems. I've seen level 175+ soldiers consistantly get outdamaged with that gun in pvm. pvp its pretty nice so no complaints. Not sure what exactly needs to be done with this prof among quite a few others *don't get me started on my alts or old characters, ill just agree with what has been posted* other then it needs loving to a degree so it does what it is supposed to do.
    *suggestion on engineer and pet classes*
    obviously - fix pet pathing
    secondly - in pvp the pet caster is very gimped. Something should be done to make the pet tied to the player, meaning the attacker suffers temporary nerfs if he attacks the caster first... just an idea, not sure how to implement it. any ideas would be appreciated.

PS> Again Ill post about getting glive or openGl support... would be nice Solve a lot of texture problems

Bump for the fixes... I have a few to add of my own

NT: Either drastically reduce the NCU needed for enfraam's (Izgimmer's Mockery should take maybe 20 NCU) or increase its effect. It's supposed to be NT's main defense but it sucks for the NCU it eats. NTs have actually gotten some pretty nice stuff though with candycane/pest stuff/resonance blast as far as nanos go.

Crat: I played my crat a lil today and realized that the root debuff nanos take for-freakin-ever to cast and you normally have to do 2 or 3 of them... a nice small help would be to decrease the time for that and the pet buff. Also it would be nice to make calming stuff easier... I had to cast Cubicle Dweller (level 103 nano) sometimes 4 or 5 times on level 120ish mobs to calm them, I'm level 84 myself. Of course pet pathing would help but it doesn't gimp us nearly as bad as the other profs seeing as how even without our bot we're just mini-NTs with xp buffs
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Originally posted by Repentance
    PS> Again Ill post about getting glive or openGl support... would be nice Solve a lot of texture problems
    Uhh heh. Glide? A dead standard for a dead video card by a company thats been dead for 2+ years?

That said.. bump for MP/Engy love!
    Sarenn 209 / 9 Fixer - Armor Setup omg outdated