Thread: Do you gain pvp points whlie teamed now?

Do you gain pvp points whlie teamed now?

Think I've read this somewhere, couldn't find where though.
    Can you gain titels when teamed?

So if you can confirm/dement this please help out

I tested it in-game and had a GM check my PvP points. Both from that (points didn't change) and from personal experience, I conclude you don't gain any title points teamed. Unless they changed that in one of the server side patches (I tested before those).

When did you test this? The PvP point gain/loss system while teamed was recently changed in 14.6.

This is buggy

All I know is that I never get any messages of confirmed kills when teams, even when I know Ive killed several.

Once I was teamed for an entire tower battle of 3 hours. Had many kills (that I know I should have gotten credit for, including a Neo) but when killed at the end of the battle, I lost my title. Screwed up? Yea.
    Phelsior
    ::Retired NT::
    Reactivated after 7 years O.o

If I dont get any points while teamed, then poo on that, because I've done alot of damage to other novices while teamed this week

Ah well, seeing Neo probably won't happen, but its fun to dream

My RL friend recently gained a title while beeing teamed.

Furthermore you dont get "Your target didnt..." msg when teamed, tho I have no idea if thats a req for getting points.

As many other things in this game, its all a bit foggy, but hey, the fights are fun at least
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

I get confirmed kills when the target is in a team but not when I am. If by confirmed kill you mean the message "target didn't loose enough xp to grant any reward"

Originally posted by Sheffy
    When did you test this? The PvP point gain/loss system while teamed was recently changed in 14.6.
    After 14.6 but before the small server side patches (and maybe one small client patch also).

i know for sure you can LOSE titles in a team

dunno about gaining, usually harder to tell :P if you do gain you dont get a message

why doesnt it say "your PvP rating has increased!" if you get points

and say "Your PvP rating has decreased!" if you lose points..

Originally posted by Gunandahalf
    i know for sure you can LOSE titles in a team

dunno about gaining, usually harder to tell :P if you do gain you dont get a message

why doesnt it say "your PvP rating has increased!" if you get points

and say "Your PvP rating has decreased!" if you lose points..
    yeah, the feedback from pvp kills/deaths should be upgraded..

yea I really think they should add a way to check your pvp points, and possible rewards for titles
    Toadman538 - 196 Soldier
    President of CAS

I don't think you do get points when teamed, or if you do they are devided among the team or the points are VERY much lowered.

Reason for this is... I lost rookie while teamed in a tower fight, and now have about 12+ kills (that where freshmen/rookie) I should have credit for (all made while teamed) and have yet to get rookie back.

I gained freshman while in team. What's odd is that the only thing I did was attack the towers.. oh yeah, that poor soldier that grid to the tower in the middle of the fight. I'm pretty sure I didn't get the credit for that one, over 10 peeps on him :Þ

"you gained points from ganking" lol

The pvp system/ranking for titles is really premetive and needs an update ASAP. We need to gain something from having a title also :-|

Also I found a nice glitch, I ask Teffa for a fight, she fights a enf before me and beat him, Enforcer looses is title. Right after she duels me and die. I don't get the message "Your target din't..." and the Enforcer says he got is title back... That glitch happend so many times its unreal. That glitch is pretty old cause when I was level 120'ish I got my Freshman after like 2-3 kills. I was in Tir not even at the arena and kept getting a the message "Your target din't..." untill I got Freshman duh!. Anyway lost Freshman and eventually worked my way up :P

Rewards for titles are silly. People would just pay someone to stand in a 0% zone to be killed over and over again. Or...someone with 2 accounts makes a character just to die again and again at the hands of hers/his "main". Too easy to exploit that.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    Rewards for titles are silly. People would just pay someone to stand in a 0% zone to be killed over and over again. Or...someone with 2 accounts makes a character just to die again and again at the hands of hers/his "main". Too easy to exploit that.
    Agree, If teamed PVP points wont Change at all. =)
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

If there are rewards, I would suggest that they be something useless but cool, just like the titles are now. Maybe temporary items you can own as long as you keep the title (that smells real buggy to me though, maybe just the modifiers without using the items, with a button you can turn on in options, "Turn on title bonuses" for example). Maybe shoulder or HUD items with scale modifiers (not necessarily useless, but you get the idea) or something.

Rewards that affect useful stats would not benefit people who fight mass PvP a lot (*edit: because they would expect to die a good amount), and would benefit the wrong people (i.e. level 1's who like to kill people for fun easily =D, title-exploiters who may be hard to catch because they only go up to rookie or so).

There are already benefits for people who take place in base-building/defending -- tower/org bonuses.

About titles in teams. Um. Access to PvP points and the amount gained and lost every time points are gained and lost would be nice, but I have little idea how it works otherwise.

Something funny to point out -- say you fight to half HP with somebody a few times, do a considerable amount of damage, and heal in between fights. Then, your opponent fights another person to the death, and die. Guess who gets points? That bug is hilarious =P

The only way I see to fix that, and a possible solution to this PvP point distribution mayhem, would be to award points to whoever deals the killing blow. That would be unfair in just as many ways or more than the current system... so it would be a lot easier just to know the current system and have all lost/gained points displayed to you.

This post didn't have any real flow/reason, sorry. Just things.
    -Stexer 'n Sterex

I am adored

Support the addition of non-level-restricted dueling

Type KSA -
    Killer 93%
    Socializer 40%
    Achiever 33%
    Explorer 33%

Originally posted by Crestfall
    I tested it in-game and had a GM check my PvP points. Both from that (points didn't change) and from personal experience, I conclude you don't gain any title points teamed. Unless they changed that in one of the server side patches (I tested before those).
    i lost apprentice when i was teamed in camelot...and i can almost guarantee the person who killed me was teamed..but maybe not.

well I takled to a ARK sage and he said they'd fill in a bug report for the bug hunters. official FAQ says that team pvp has the same rules as team pvp, but i didn't get any message as I solo'ed a guy at a tower raid yesterday while teamed. Think that has happend to alot of you