Thread: Discussion: Pros and cons of conroller griding teams into battles

Discussion: Pros and cons of conroller griding teams into battles

I was thinking when defending bases this week that a better system could be implimated in getting people to the bases faster. What came up was this: if you share a team with a player from the attacked base you could controller grid in with them.

this has setbacks, and i dont tower battle that often (mostly cause i'm in a MA and the higher level battles are too taxing on my computer) and also has benfits. it could also be expolitable.

Pros: defending forces reach the base faster resulting in a advantage for the attacked guild.

Cons: some bases would never get destroyed b/c the defence would always be overwheming, especially large bases (QL200+)

from what i've seen, the greatest advantage the attacking side has is the fact the players are lazy; unless they get fixer grided or have a base nearby they wont go. i am not promoting the idea, i'm just pitching it to more experienced players so the idea could take shape better.

kurtz
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

ChanOP in FC's offical #anarchyonline; visit irc.funcom.com

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgetten?

Sounds like this idea would be accomplished if team beacon warp worked.
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

Originally posted by RVWinkle
    Sounds like this idea would be accomplished if team beacon warp worked.
    aye
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

ChanOP in FC's offical #anarchyonline; visit irc.funcom.com

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgetten?

We need guild alliances, but allowing teams to grid in to each others' controllers if their shield has been disabled would be even better.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.